Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar Metacritic Scores

SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795

Reviews started for WildStar. Until now both Players and Critics gives relative high scores.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wildstar

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I think this game is gonna blow up.

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Foomerang

I think this game is gonna blow up.

I agree with you.

I actually was playing ESO and never had any intention of playing Wildstar. Didn't follow it due to thinking it looked cheesy and childish. To make a long story short, I ended up buying Wildstar on a whim out of boredom, and within the first hour I knew this game will more than likely be *very* popular. Its well made, it runs great (even on my system) and its actually very entertaining and fun, but most importantly... group dungeons even at a low level are somewhat difficult and require more than a pulse to complete!

This creates teamwork which imo is the best feature of all to Wildstar. You will die and you will have players drop group because they know nothing more than being carried. You will after a few minutes get a few guys / gals together that already know what they're doing or are simply willing to learn. This difficulty is absent in games nowadays and its a very important part of gaming on so many levels. From community to helping players get better at the game to economy and much more!

I am so tired of the typical brain-dead simplified themeparks, really, but if you are on the fence with buying this game i absolutely think its worth your time and $$$!!

• nimbuszero2nimbuszero2 Member Posts: 43
    I am enjoying it so far. I started a few days after my friends so I'm pretty much soloing, but, still having fun. LOL at the user reviews of 0 or 1. Blind hate, probably from those not actually playing it. Honestly, how many games are a legit 0? 
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

they were trying to make a game that catered to everyone. it looks like they succeeded in the short term.

From the negative statements it looks like the only real complaints are the optimization with some specs, the stylized graphics, and wildstar having typical mmo progression. None of which are really game breaking.

it could really be a hit if carbine does manage to put out content as fast as they claim they can.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    We get it kikos, you like the game. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    We get it kikos, you like the game. 

I don't think you do.  It got a score in the 80's on METACRITIC!

I'm having convulsions right now!

• ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by kikosforever

Reviews started for WildStar. Until now both Players and Critics gives relative high scores.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

Enough said?

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by DMKano
    ESO got way high scores at first too. Let's wait a month to see the real picture.

Quoted for truth.

The game is still barely into the "OOOHhhhhh shiNEYYYYYY!!!!!" phase.  Wait till 3 months in and then see where it stands.  Raids is where I think its gonna really hurt it.  WoW quite 40 man raids for good reason, the "hardcore" are only a severe minority but very vocal since they are the one the spend too much time in the game and on the forums when the majority get done with work, play a few hours and then log off for bed who don't have the time to dwell in the forums.  Blizz made a smart move to allow access of content to everyone who desired it and in different difficulty to satisfy the more hardcore type of players.  This is what Carbine is off the mark imo.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by Problem

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/guild-wars-2

Enough said?

Not really sure what you're getting at with that one?  That's a very high-quality game deserving of that score.  The game was -and still is- enjoyed by many players and critics alike.   The price point of $60 plus no subscription was also a major factor in the game's score from many of the critics; basically that lack of subscription helped boost it 2-4 points alone.   

Wildstar is a great game and as a subscription based on is going to be held to a higher standard than many other games out there on the market.  Why?  Because there has to be a content justification for that $15 a month for the players....and there most definitely is.    The game's housing is the rave of players, media, critics, and even haters cannot dispute it's appeal (unless they hate housing, which is to say the genre isn't for them :P).    The questing, group content, open world PvP, fun action-based combat, and other things of the game solidify it's enjoyability factor.   Fun = high score = good game.  Get it?

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

Should always be weary of reviews (including the press unfortunately) where they haven't even gotten halfway to max level before rating it. 

I'm glad the first 2 dungeons were fun the first 2 times, but let me know how fun they are when you're still running them in a few months.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    so many hilarious user comments with 10/10 scores.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    honestly, i have played many mmos. i am a fan of GW2 though anet is killing my love for it. As for ESO love the concept sadly ZO seems to stupid to know how to run a mmo. Wildstar, it is a fun game that makes you work for things..nothing is just handed to you. The community is awsome at least on my server. and helpful.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Seriously, the game has only been out for two weeks... once the new shiny/honeymoon effect wears off people will start dropping like flies.
  • BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430

Wildstar is gonna be a hit, this I am sure of. Players seems to love it.

I personally won't play it cause I hate the quest hubs and I am not much for raiding so not that much of a game for me.

But I know it will go big and I hope it will live for many years.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by rojo6934

What do you say about hilarious 0/1 scores?

Also lol at the guy linking the GW2 . The game is a success , even if you hate it. Get used it with.

Also # 2 . It's funny how haters bash OP for liking the game. HELLO!!! He's on Wildstar forum. Gtfo if you have a problem with that.

[mod edit]

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by IceAge

Also lol at the guy linking the GW2 . The game is a success , even if you hate it. Get used it with.

Also # 2 . It's funny how haters bash OP for liking the game. HELLO!!! He's on Wildstar forum. Gtfo if you have a problem with that.

[mod edit]

+1

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Still too early to say.

Endgame is the thing that makes or breaks an MMORPG.

Granted Wildstar does seem to have a lot to do in the endgame most of the gamers are yet to experience it.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by IceAge

Also #3 . It seems Eir_S it's the new Bully . All she do is troll on WS. And what do you know? She trolls with style . She's so happy when her posts it seems. Woman, don't you have .. better things to do?

+1

+1

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Whoever it hurts, Wildstar is the most successful mmo in the last 5 years, and it's only going to get better. If you're a hater, you'll have to deal with it.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    ESO got way high scores at first too. Let's wait a month to see the real picture.

That's not true at all.  the first month saw user scores of 2.8 and review scores in the high 70's.  That's a far cry from what Wildstar is getting now, which is very high.  I agree though, we need to wait and see what the real scores are in a few months.  But please, ESO got obliterated on metacritic when it first hit.

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by Skymourne

That's not true at all.  the first month saw user scores of 2.8 and review scores in the high 70's.  That's a far cry from what Wildstar is getting now, which is very high.  I agree though, we need to wait and see what the real scores are in a few months.  But please, ESO got obliterated on metacritic when it first hit.

Wildstar has not been out for a month. ESO didn't get a single low score from registered metacritic press reviews in the first 2 weeks.

The user score is always important as well.  They might not have gotten a low score in the first 2 weeks but it wasn't high either.  I just don't want it misrepresented.  I was high on the game at the time, and was not happy with the scores at all.  I didn't understand why they were justified until later on.  Regardless, Wildstar is doing very well right now.  We'll see if the difficulty causes low scores here in the next few weeks.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-online/critic-reviews?num_items=100Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Skymourne

Wildstar has not been out for a month. ESO didn't get a single low score from registered metacritic press reviews in the first 2 weeks.

ESO was released on April 4th right.

Press review were at 60 some  not negative but not positive either

Gamereactor Sweden  on April 14th gave it a 60

PCGamesN  on April 18th a 50

Gamer.nl on April 14th gave it a 60

Scroll to the bottom and check the dates of those reviews.

No really bad reviews but even as early as those dates these reviews by the critics were not positive. Compare to Wildstar has collected good reviews well not that many because it is a low profile game and not in the class of ESO. I mean ESO was a big budget and publicized game and Wildstar is not in that league. For a smaller game it has done well. 

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

To all people having fun in Wildstar and are trying to demonstrate other public positive opinions about the game you enjoy, stop.

All those positive opinions on the game (the vast majority of opinions on the game) are wrong.

You are not having fun.

You have to wait 2-3 months to see if you actually had fun playing the game.

Do not trust your own fun-o-meter.

I repeat...You are not having fun.

..Cake..

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Yes I noticed after I posted (sorry about that read too fast) I edited and put in the 60 and 50 that critics gave and see the date. I also noticed the lowest ESO got was a 40 and only one critic gave that. So 50 is next lowest which was given on April 18th within the two weeks date but what is most telling is what the 4 critics gave Wildstar compared to what they gave ESO.

Cheat Code Central has perhaps only one rating image they gave both games 90

PC Gamer 89 for Wildstar and 68 for ESO

JeuxActu  85 for Wildstar versus 70 for ESO

Gameblog.fr gave Wildstar 80 and ESO 70

More than anything the thing that worked against ESO was its infamy. It was from a huge IP and it suffered for it. Wildstar is unknown , small and quiet and has no big fan base to piss off. I think even the critics came out in droves for ESO. Wildstar is not on many critics radar even and it will not get that many critics to review it. It's  a small game and not trying to fill any big boy shoes.

Edited :Too many 'I think"

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by DMKano Originally posted by Alber_gamer Whoever it hurts, Wildstar is the most successful mmo in the last 5 years, and it's only going to get better. If you're a hater, you'll have to deal with it.
      More successful than anything since 2009? An you have data to backup this made-up claim where?
    you want data to backup a made-up claim? made-up data okay?

p.s.

http://www.wildstar-progress.com/news/

when there's world progression tracking you know your game's serious.

Whoa, Death and Taxes. That guild name brings me back to Burning Crusade memories heh. Good times. Good to see those guys again.