Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign of ESO heading towards F2P?

icemanateeicemanatee Member UncommonPosts: 79

Hrmm, after reading this, it seems like ESO is bound to go free-2-play a lot sooner than I personally thought. I wonder what they will plan..

http://www.mmoculture.com/2014/06/the-elder-scrolls-online-around-300-customer-service-staff-released/

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    A bit late, at least 2 threads on this going already.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Good .. may be i will spend 15 min to check it out when it does.
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    No, it's really not going f2p until Zenimax gets a chance to rake in the money from console box sales.  Maybe b2p for console release or f2p a few months after console release, but no, you will not be playing this game for free anytime in the next 6 months at least.
  • PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by reeereee
    No, it's really not going f2p until Zenimax gets a chance to rake in the money from console box sales.  Maybe b2p for console release or f2p a few months after console release, but no, you will not be playing this game for free anytime in the next 6 months at least.

You really think the way ESO tanked on PC that they will actually release 2 Console versions?

They cant even fix the problems with the PC version and you believe they will add 2 more platforms?

Zenimax will announce the Console version cancelled by Fall. F2P announcement by Xmas

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• JOverlordJOverlord Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

You really think the way ESO tanked on PC that they will actually release 2 Console versions?

They cant even fix the problems with the PC version and you believe they will add 2 more platforms?

Zenimax will announce the Console version cancelled by Fall. F2P announcement by Xmas

Playstation and Xbox wont even let them put it on the consoles yet. Thats how horrible the game was.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

This is what I think.

If they have too much trouble making Cyrodiil work for console, they will just scrap it and put in small scale pvp like what they had at E3.

They have to do something, although PyrateLV may be right.

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252

http://jobs.zenimax.com/search

Still looking for plenty of people to 

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414
    There are already threads on this topic in the correct forum, please use them to continue discussion.
    To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.