Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is ArcheAge loosing steam here ?

Comments

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

When did AA get put on steam ? I thought it was on GLYPH ?

Fyi AA is great i just don't want to play too much until the game is released since my Alpha toon will be relegated to test server.

Lolipops !

• seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147

for those who say this game will eventually have a PVE server have you actually played the game? It would be like Darkfall having a PVE server there would be no point to the game at all.. The pirate faction would be pretty pointless.. running trade packs would hold no risk.. Sailing in the open sea would have no risk there honestly would be a shell of a PVE game and no one would play it.. AA is a PVP game at its core if you don't enjoy open world PVP AA is not really the game for you unless you REALLY enjoy raising a farm and just crafting.. i'm not saying there isn't a good deal of PVE in AA but if i'm looking for a game with quality PVE AA wouldn't be my top choice.. but the world of AA is what makes the game so great and the open world PVP is a huge part of that.

Most of the systems in the game were designed around the PVP aspect of the game it would take a LOT of work to come up with a way to make the economy and game work without its PVP systems.. so much in fact there is no way XLGames would let them do it.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Maybe its losing steam to those who aren't playing it.  But I login everyday and still enjoying it.  I have purchased and played ESO and Wildstar and neither held my attention long.  ESO was fun but can't compare to AA to me.  

And I'm a person who never PvPs.  Nothing else compares in my book.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

Its never happening Trion has already confirmed this several times in their livestreams. If you take out the PVP in ArcheAge you will literally break the game. Even many of the games not direct pve systems are intertwined with the pvp system.

For those that want a game like this but PVE servers only wait for Black Desert.

Trion also said, and I quote, "Rift will never be Free to play."

Yea, there will eventually be PvE servers, despite what they are saying now.

You may as well be talking about Planetside 2 or EVE Online releasing PVE servers.

They are launching with the one server type because the game would not work on a very basic and fundamental level with a PVE server.  The game's mechanics ensure this is just not possible.  It has nothing to do with what anyone does or does not want or like.  It can't happen and it won't happen.  

Not every game works the same.   If there were no PVP in Archeage everyone would be totaly filthy rich with a wrecked economy delivering full merchant ships solo across the ocean for maximum payout every time with no loss and in the end.. no real reward because all that money won't buy you the ability to compete in high end raid content because ocean PVP is the end game raid content.

• dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

.... But I login everyday and still enjoying it.  .... ESO was fun but can't compare to AA to me.  

And I'm a person who never PvPs.  Nothing else compares in my book.

Same here, I can barely remember the last time I PVP'ed. 

I think I did one battleground in WoW once, and I did a best-of-the-best group duel in EQ way back in the day (we pulled a major upset before losing to the all troll-shadowknight team, but I digress).

AA has PVP that a non-PKer can enjoy.  It's not "tacked on" like an arena or battleground instance, but it's also only in your face when you're ready for it to be.  And there's a cat-and-mouse aspect to it. 

• DeathageDeathage Member CommonPosts: 146
    I'm going to be playing it, whenever the hell it finally releases. I just haven't bothered to post on it, as I'd bet a majority of users here haven't. The trick is not to gorge on info too quickly. Let it percolate in yer noggin, it'll come when it comes. Gives me a Vanguard feel...
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    im just waiting for release
  • steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434

Finding the game absolutely amazing!  Never run out of things to do, and doubt i'll experience everything the game has to offer for many months.

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Loving this game, but yeah.. im carefull with doing storyline and stuff.. dont want to spoil anything :D
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by psiic

I understand there are a lot of people that in the face of all evidence to the contrary think AA is the best game ever made. The game is already more than a year old in Korea and all we have to do is look at how badly AA has bombed there to realize the same thing is gonna happen here. 

Sure it will have a niche following for awhile, but considering Trion is basically paying to lease the game, eventually they will just pull the plug and let this game go back to a service like Perfect World where it belongs.

Because games that sell well in Korea always do so well here.  Wait, they don't.

No telling what might appeal in the west, I know in my case this is one of the better MMO's in the past few years to come along.

not to mention the reason AA started to lose a lot of players in Korea was because they basically pulled a SWG CU on the game.. 

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    AA will gain a large amount of traction in the NA with the announcement of PvE servers. It's coming, whether the game needs them or not. Too much money to turn down for Trion which only has one profitable title in Rift.

I really used to think this before I played the Alpha, but I don't any longer.  The game's PvE and PvP content are too intertwined to really retool it for a PvE server in my opinion -- and that is coming from a primarily PvE player.  I think it just won't work.

That said it's not all bad news for PvE players, you can avoid a lot of the PvP in the game if you're careful and still have massive amounts to do.  I think of the PvP as a threat over my head while doing various things in the game, and it's alright.  Every once in a while you get ganked, but you can really carve out a profession for yourself where you really aren't required to engage in a lot of PvP -- or at least can think of the PvP as a threat which might as well be AI controlled, if you know what I mean.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

ArcheAge lost it's steam for me, when I saw more and more awkward content being introduced and them getting rid of item-decay, which basically renders the economy void.

I'm more interested now in Pathfinder Online, as it promises to be the better and more realistic game.

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by Chrisbox
    I don't regret spending 150, still having a blast on the game its very in depth. Looking forward to where it goes from here. 

Agreed as all of the other games listed on this web site don't have any where near the depth that exists in ArcheAge.  However, I disagree with the original post here in that ArcheAge has never had any steam on this web site compared to what the game has.  Look at the list of features in the description on this site.  Hell, Guild Wars 2 shows a lot more features than this game and it's completely the opposite as far as things to do in both games.  This game has never had any steam here as far as I'm concerned.  I'm having fun and very happy I'm in the Alpha.  It may carry over to a test server after release but even if it doesn't, I know how the base game works and looking forward to playing on the live servers.

Really the only reason I'm playing this game is because Towelliee streamed it live for awhile.  He showed what the game is about and how in depth the game is.  The list of features on this web site is dismal to say the least as it doesn't match what the game really has.  Judging only by the information available on this web site, I would have never touched this game yet I'm having fun playing it because I found out the game has a lot more fun things to do than what is listed here.

• midnitewolfmidnitewolf Member UncommonPosts: 64

I think it comes from being treated as the Black Sheep in the family.   I mean NA is super low on their priorities list and when you are being treated as a side show at best, it is very hard to be inspired about something.

Black Desert is another game with the same issue.  I think it is pretty much everything I have been looking for in a game but the developer doesn't even have a NA publisher or it seems like any real set in stone plan to even get one.  When I first heard about the game, I had about a dozen friends whipped into a frenzy to play but when month after month, there isn't even any news about it being released in NA, well you just lose interest.  Now I don't even really read articles about the game.

Anyway, the point is, it is hard to be hyped or even care for that matter when the developers don't even seem to care when or if they are going to release the game in NA.  I think that is what is going on in my opinion.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

I don't THINK it's loosing steam. I log on almost every day to play anywhere from1 to 6 hours. There are players every where I go.

We fight over iron nodes.

So atleast within the Alpha community, to me, it seems to be going strong still.

That having been said, there does seem to be some "hype" lost. I attribute this to the length of time people have known about this game. It's been too long w/o a NA release. Geez, how long have I been following this damn game?! 2 years? Longer?

It's no wonder some interest has been lost considering the time involved.

• HugolinHugolin Member UncommonPosts: 83
    the thing that annoys me is that on every other alpha im in they patch often, in archage kinda never...how much time alpha will take at this speed?...why do an alpha if u dont do shit to the game
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

That 150 dollar smash & grab they pulled/are pulling really put a sour taste in my mouth. I have not only stopped following this game but completly lost interest in it as well. Both ESO & Wildstar are fantastic MMO's despite being themeparks and have really pushed Archage off my radar.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    I've played Archeage and I think its really good. This game will def be a hit when its out, however this game feels like its going to require a large time investment to get anything significant done. With my full time job and family its hard to find the free time to sitdown (or in my case stand up, since I'm a proud owner of a homemade stand up desk) and play this game. I'm sadly turning casual, so I'm sticking with path of exlie off and on, and guild wars 2 for now.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Originally posted by alkarionlog

There's a lot I love about AA, but you challenged someone who paid $150 to post something negative about AA, so here we go ;).

In its current state, I think the dynamic of PvP combat in AA is absolutely horrible.

CC is EXTREMELY powerful, and anti-CC abilities are few and far between and are not nearly powerful enough to counter the insane amount of CC.  For example, you may get anti-CC abilitiy that only protects against stun...but that's not going to help you against all the trips, fears, sleeps etc. etc. that are coming your way.  Oh and most classes in the game have MULTIPLE hard CC skills and are capable of stun-locking an opponent for like 5-8 seconds.

Anyone with the shadowplay tree has near permanent stealth...basically stealth has a 45s cooldown and lasts 45s.  So most PvP in the game occurs with one or both parties being completely invisible until the fight starts.

There's more...but you get the point.  Right now in AA, whoever initiates the fight normally wins, and the other person will spend 5 seconds stunlocked watching themselves die.

only you forget something, all CC you get after the 2 or 3 time you get it, you get a 30 sec imunity to that CC, so 2 trips in a row? 30 sec of immunity to it, same for stuns and snares, also if i'm not mistaken trips and stuns are the same fro this buff. so you only really need to survive long enough. also a side note, this is one of rare games then a ranged class don't cause more damage then melee, and melees have gap closers, but ranged have mobility, so things are kinda even

Normally, I don't live past the 2 or 3 time of CC being applied.  I get CC'd, shadow strike for 5K, a few more hits and I'm dead.

However, I have heard that there are going to be massive sweeping changed in an upcoming patch and completely change this dynamic, so there is hope.

This is the downside when allowing players build their characters

They build wrong, die horribly and blame game design...

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

I'm having fun. I don't understand the "No PVE" stance. No raids?...No dungeons? Dungeons I'll take but I never have been a big fan of the "Raid". Open world though..well..I've been killing plenty of stuff. Sometimes just for shites and smiles. Exploration. I love the glider mechanic though I suck at it. Ok..the glider sucks but I'll get a better one.

Or  maybe I'll just build a better glider. The crafting is excellent imo..really woven throughout the fabric of the game. You can make things that make things to make more things. Some things continue to make things..over and over.

Cool experiences. Once I just ran into the Ocean and swam. Swam some more. Swam again.Came  upon a paddle wheel looking boat occupied by 4 players. They were all fishing from a concentrated school of fish that were splashing about while seagulls bitched, whined and flew in circles. Glad they were friendly faction because that area was under War.  

I don't know. Nothings for everyone but I'm sure glad this is for me. And maybe you....that's good too.

• damsfoedamsfoe Member UncommonPosts: 7

• damsfoedamsfoe Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by General-Zod

There's a lot I love about AA, but you challenged someone who paid $150 to post something negative about AA, so here we go ;).

In its current state, I think the dynamic of PvP combat in AA is absolutely horrible.

CC is EXTREMELY powerful, and anti-CC abilities are few and far between and are not nearly powerful enough to counter the insane amount of CC.  For example, you may get anti-CC abilitiy that only protects against stun...but that's not going to help you against all the trips, fears, sleeps etc. etc. that are coming your way.  Oh and most classes in the game have MULTIPLE hard CC skills and are capable of stun-locking an opponent for like 5-8 seconds.

Anyone with the shadowplay tree has near permanent stealth...basically stealth has a 45s cooldown and lasts 45s.  So most PvP in the game occurs with one or both parties being completely invisible until the fight starts.

There's more...but you get the point.  Right now in AA, whoever initiates the fight normally wins, and the other person will spend 5 seconds stunlocked watching themselves die.

only you forget something, all CC you get after the 2 or 3 time you get it, you get a 30 sec imunity to that CC, so 2 trips in a row? 30 sec of immunity to it, same for stuns and snares, also if i'm not mistaken trips and stuns are the same fro this buff. so you only really need to survive long enough. also a side note, this is one of rare games then a ranged class don't cause more damage then melee, and melees have gap closers, but ranged have mobility, so things are kinda even

Normally, I don't live past the 2 or 3 time of CC being applied.  I get CC'd, shadow strike for 5K, a few more hits and I'm dead.

However, I have heard that there are going to be massive sweeping changed in an upcoming patch and completely change this dynamic, so there is hope.

Lol right... so now you want everyone to have the same character build? I thought one of the best things about this game was the fact you could have a unique class to your play style. How is there a wrong way to build your character when every build is a different class?

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by damsfoe
    Originally posted by General-Zod

Lol right... so now you want everyone to have the same character build? I thought one of the best things about this game was the fact you could have a unique class to your play style. How is there a wrong way to build your character when every build is a different class?

It's is one of the best things about the game but it's obvious this guy shouldn't be traveling alone if his class choices leave him so utterly helpless when he's out and about. Technically there's is nothing wrong with wearing the color blue but if your in Los Angeles in the wrong place at the right time blue could be considered the wrong color... technically speaking of course.

If you can't hide and you can't take a hit your just a victim...

• ReaperUkReaperUk Member UncommonPosts: 758

The game isn't running out of steam. The server is packed 24/7 but it's Alpha and everyone's progress is destined to be consigned to test server status eventually. I'm still really enjoying the game but I don't want to burn out before the game has even been released so will start to wind down the hours I'm putting in very soon.

Being in Alpha has given those of us taking part the opportunity to learn the ropes and devise a strategy for the head start. I'll test my plan when the beta stage goes live but after that will probably go play something else until launch.

As for the debate about PvE servers, I don't see them as neccessary. The whole point about AA is how they have managed to mix both PvE and PvP play styles in one game just as SWG did all those years ago. Don't believe anyone who tries to tell you this game is a hardcore PvP game. It isn't. Open world PvP is there for those that want it but those that don't can almost completely avoid it and still have a ton of things to do. Much more than in an average themepark PvE game when I think about it.

The only thing related to PvP that everyone will have to do if they want a large farm is the quest to hand in a trade pack to the opposite faction's continent and you will probably die at least once trying. Once that is out of the way, you never need to go there again if you don't want to and even if you do, it's possible to go in one of the regular peace time periods so that only the sea crossing itself becomes slightly risky.

In fact, the degree of PvP you get involved in is completely up to you. Go fight the enemy in one of the red zones for full on battles, or play cat and mouse by carrying out PvE missions in war zones while trying to avoid enemy players. Using your clipper to do trade missions has a risk of being intercepted while at sea and adds a bit of excitement even if you don't intend getting seriously involved in PvP.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I want to say people will get excited for this game when beta hits, but i'm afraid one weekend doing low level questing won't exactly show this game's best aspects.

My friends and I that did buy the alpha though are still having a blast.  I'm torn between not wanting to invest too much into a character that I won't play long term and my desire to spend every waking moment in the game.

World pvp in an integrated PVE environment with real risk and reward in a gameworld that isn't buggy and has great graphics is just the perfect game for me.

The only thing that could ruin this game for me from here is Trion/XLG.