Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not as interested as I once was...

M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385

Was thinking about dropping $150 to try this. But recently realized that the game lacks the depth. First off, graphics. Graphics engine has become visibly dated and will be even more when it releases. The overall universe seems to offer very little unique content on top of the boring grinding and questing. You have gliders and naval warfare and underwater exploration, but thats not really enough to persuade me. Russians who are still in beta, have also grown tired of it. So in conclusion I would say that this game may keep you playing for a month with several new features, but in the long run it will be another AION, TERRA or other Korean MMO that is trying to capitalize on success of Lineage 2.

On the other hand there is Black Desert, which probably overtakes AA in every single aspect.

Comments

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    The game I'm really really looking forward to is Elite: Dangerous when it comes out. It's worth looking into even if it's just to rule it out.
  • M4koM4ko Member Posts: 385
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne
    The game I'm really really looking forward to is Elite: Dangerous when it comes out. It's worth looking into even if it's just to rule it out.

Personally, invested into Star CItizen, but ED looks cool too, but ill skip it for now.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by M4ko

Was thinking about dropping $150 to try this. But recently realized that the game lacks the depth. First off, graphics. Graphics engine has become visibly dated and will be even more when it releases. The overall universe seems to offer very little unique content on top of the boring grinding and questing. You have gliders and naval warfare and underwater exploration, but thats not really enough to persuade me. Russians who are still in beta, have also grown tired of it. So in conclusion I would say that this game may keep you playing for a month with several new features, but in the long run it will be another AION, TERRA or other Korean MMO that is trying to capitalize on success of Lineage 2.

On the other hand there is Black Desert, which probably overtakes AA in every single aspect.

Im happy for you that you didnt spend Money in a game that you dont like it.

Now, cant you share how did you get all that conclusions without playing?

Originally posted by Jabas

Im happy for you that you didnt spend Money in a game that you dont like it.

Now, cant you share how did you get all that conclusions without playing?

Im happy that youre happy. I didnt say i didnt like it, and all you need to know is in OP.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well its not the engine that is looking dated.. the world looks really nice the vehicles are also very well done but the character models are pretty basic.. still nothing to do with the engine but the way they decided to go with the art.

Its an asian game at the end of the day same as Black Desert is an asian game.. they like a different type of mmo to us one that usually consists of donig the same thing over and over.. BD will be no different i bet...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

"You have gliders and naval warfare and underwater exploration, but thats not really enough to persuade me."

And what are you actually looking for as not all games have gliders, naval warfare or underwater exploration?

"On the other hand there is Black Desert, which probably overtakes AA in every single aspect."

Do tell? Because, as interested in Black Desert as I am, I have seen nothing, other than art design, that is any "more" than Archeage.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Well, $150 might be a bit steep for a price of admission, but hey, when it launches it will be F2P so what do you have to lose in giving it a shot then?  Of course, if BD is available at that time go play that one instead, heck I might as well.

"You have gliders and naval warfare and underwater exploration, but thats not really enough to persuade me. "

BTW, those are all very cool features, gliding is still a blast at level 48, and actually a very tactical part of the PVP game play as people drop in on top of you to attack from the air, (I actually watch shadows across the ground and have learned to distinguish between gliders and flying NPC's) or as great escape vehicles.  Haven't been underwater yet but looks very cool.

Add in the farming (OK, not thrilling to me either, but still pretty neat), the in-world housing, castle sieges, (haven't done that yet either), trade runs with your guild across the continent and ocean and all in all pretty fun MMORPG.

Yeah, the questing is nothing to write home about, just a vehicle to gear up your character and explore the world, and actually optional as several of my guildmates have done much of their leveling via crafting activities. (One guy gained 12 levels just from fishing)  I hear we might get ExP for PVP come launch, if so that will add to available options. 

There are mounts and battle pets you can level up and outfit with gear to protect them, a zillion (literally) image things to farm and craft, the exploration actually is amazing, considering how high you can climb or even glide to. 

Might not be the best MMORPG out there, but it does offer an experience a bit more unique than most.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• BlackaftermathBlackaftermath Member Posts: 32
    Graphics are outdated? Clearly you havent played this game. This graphics and level of detail is this game is what makes it special. This game is PACKED with $150 alpha founders and I see it really blowing up. Best MMO in 15 years
  • JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

writting it off completely without playing it is stupid, but so is paying $150

its a free to play game. wait till it comes out and play it. it will come out here years before black desert anyway, so really where is your logic.

My blog: image

• PiratePetePiratePete Member Posts: 105

Archeage needs to work on immersion in the world.

From the streams I've seen the npcs seem to just sit statically in a semi circle for ease of access. feels so lazy and uninteresting. Other than that they should be good. Can easily add features ontop of the foundation they have. Airships, floating islands, dungeons, more world bosses like Krakens for nutters to try to kill. 

Originally posted by PiratePete

Archeage needs to work on immersion in the world.

From the streams I've seen the npcs seem to just sit statically in a semi circle for ease of access. feels so lazy and uninteresting. Other than that they should be good. Can easily add features ontop of the foundation they have. Airships, floating islands, dungeons, more world bosses like Krakens for nutters to try to kill. 

So, immersion in a mmoprg is about npcs ruinning around from players for hard access?   image

About floating islands? why floating islands??

Gliders, Maritime exploration, like i said, is something new, but I dont see getting much out of it personally, its just too bland. The rest is just what Lineage 2 was. Graphics are not too bad compared to current games out now, but they are pretty shallow compared to the engine in Black Desert. BD may lack flying and shipping, but they have given a boost to regular MMO aspects, like enhanced combat system, enhanced crafting and trading system, use of hired NPCs. They pretty much enhanced core mechanics of MMORPGs which in my opinion give the boost to the general bland gameplay weve all been tired of in the past decade.

Yes i am basing my opinion within parameters of Black Desert, and my opinion of AA has drastically changed after ive researched more about BD. BD is farther away in release, but ill be playing the Russian beta, for which there will also be an English pack. And Russians seem to be weary of AA already too.

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727

Hmm, so to sum it up - AA bad, BD good.

Sweet.

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

Originally posted by adderVXI

Sweet.

Not that simple. its more AA was a great game but now BD is comming its really bad one...

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    Originally posted by Jabas
    Originally posted by adderVXI

Sweet.

Not that simple. its more AA was a great game but now BD is comming its really bad one...

I honestly wish either of these would launch in the next few years....

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

I lost interest once they removed item decay and started adding too much fantasy-crap like shark-people, cars, etc.

Looking forward to Pathfinder Online now.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    My own fault but I feel I wasted $150 on AA. Ill try again when it goes live.

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    After trying both AA, Wildstar and ESO in a relatively short time span, AA is by far the better game. I could go into why but, imo, it's pretty evident why when you play all 3. I don't play it that often as I'm waiting for it to get out of Alpha, but it's entertaining for sure.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by wormed
    After trying both AA, Wildstar and ESO in a relatively short time span, AA is by far the better game. I could go into why but, imo, it's pretty evident why when you play all 3. I don't play it that often as I'm waiting for it to get out of Alpha, but it's entertaining for sure.

Tried all 3 of them, found AA to be the best for me :D sitll very subjective but for me my choice been made

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

RU promised a working Closed Beta for Black Desert already this December, and Open beta in January 2015.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

ArcheAge has its downsides for sure, but you managed to not even get a single showstopper listed here, instead you wrote ... well, that ^^

So in conclusion i would say, you are clueless :)

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518

Comment on green: And any other MMO of the last ten years.. not just Korean.. but yeap.. most games don't hold any longer than a few month.. though ArcheAge might have a little bit more than most, but for years of gaming? I doubt that, too.

Comment on yellow: It has even less depth to it, same for features.. though it does have action combat.. but korean action combat. I doubt that it will have more value in longevity than most games.. and most probably less than ArcheAge.

I guess we have really wait a lot longer for a game with standing power of more than a year.. but up to then ArcheAge, and maybe Black Desert, too and some others will deliver a little bit fun during the waiting for THE GAME.. whatever it may be or whenever it may release...

• BinafusBinafus Member UncommonPosts: 230

Grass is always greener on the next hill.

So many people always talk about the game around the corner is going to be the one it actually is pretty funny.

Good thing is there is always another game around the corner just keep looking the perfect game might be the next one.