Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest Next: Some Old Favorite Nemeses to Return

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest EverQuest Next Roundtable video has been published. This time, the team reveals which nemeses from former EverQuest titles will reappear in EverQuest Next. Omeed Dariani is joined by Bill Trost to discuss who players can expect to find in the newest adventures in the EverQuest franchise.

Yes, Fippy Darkpaw will be making his (triumphant) return!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    This game cant come out fast enough =-
  • umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    This game cant come out fast enough =-

Agreed. I'm really, really looking forward to EQN. 

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I'm just glad they switched to WoW graphic style. There aren't enough games copying WoW's art.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

Originally posted by Velocinox
    I'm just glad they switched to WoW graphic style. There aren't enough games copying WoW's art.

Always with the WoW nerf bat. That never gets old, lets call every MMO that comes out WoWish. If you look closer you will see the art is closer to Disney.

• BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Dat O face.
  • sweetdreamssweetdreams Member UncommonPosts: 190

Hideous cartoony looking game. I thought Free Realms was shut down? /sarcasm

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

Always with the WoW nerf bat. That never gets old, lets call every MMO that comes out WoWish. If you look closer you will see the art is closer to Disney.

"If you look closer you will see the art is closer to Disney."

sorry no, that doesn't actually help....

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    I don't mind the cartoonish graphics. Can't wait to play this. Looks awesome.
  • EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879
    good you guys can stick to the ultra realistic ESO ... hows that game doing again?
  • MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by Ecoces
    good you guys can stick to the ultra realistic ESO ... hows that game doing again?

Lol +1

• KelrazKelraz Member Posts: 9
    nemesIs
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Ecoces

At least it does not have the ridiculous cartoon look.   SOE has been trying to copy Wow for ages.  They still resent the fact that a couple ex-EQ players designed it.

• EnterTheWombatEnterTheWombat Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Not necessarily my first choice for the character models but EQ was my first MMO back in 99 so I'll definitely be giving it a shot in a couple years when it comes out. 
  • junglebeastjunglebeast Member UncommonPosts: 72
    Been playing Landmark for a while now and the artstyle doesn't bother me at all. You really get emerged with your surroundings. Even more now they added caves. :)

You know when you play too much MMO's when your partners pants have become a rare drop.

• TookyGTookyG Warhammer Online CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,115
    Originally posted by Kelraz
    nemesIs

Nemeses is the plural of nemesis.

I don't mind the cartoonish graphics now.  I will in 5 years.

Until you cancel your subscription, you are only helping to continue the cycle of mediocrity.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

A cartoon is a cartoon. I called it right on the money. You're the one making a distinction between Sky Blue and Light Blue.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.