Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unless you have a beast of gaming rig I strongly suggest you try and get a buddy key before you buy

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Jadedangel1
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Slackker
    May want to check your updates and drivers. I have a mid range PC with a 4 year old 1gig video card and I get 30-60 FPS easy. 

He mentioned he updated his drivers in the original post. He said he tried numerous things he had found via search, so I assume that includes all updates.

Check again, may have installed old ones, or maybe there is beta drives that work better. Sometimes switching to older drivers also work better. Did things go side ways before or after he installed the video card drivers. Did his windows update install generic drivers? 

Dude. No offense. It has nothing to do with that.  It´s all down the game itself and how horribly optimized it is.

Playing this game is like playing the lottery. If you are lucky, it will run great! And if you are not.... it will run crap!

There are People with old setups that run the game great, while other People with high end systems struggle with performance.

It's also not an AMD related issue either. I have a NVidia card and struggle with performance. Tried everything! No Luck.

I have simply given up trying!  And if they don't get it sorted before my free month is up, I will cancel my sub.

No matter how much I like the game, if it runs crap, then it just becomes too much of an annoyance and a showstopper for me.

I can run pretty much anything else out there at High Settings. FFXIV, GW2, ESO, TSW, LOTRO, etc. No issues with any of those games.

Its part of the game of new MMOs, Never know what you will get for the first few months. I think Carbine has been really working hard to nail down all the problems. 

I would agree with you, but these optimization problems have been known for months, long before the game launched. I remember seeing a lot of threads about it back when I played in beta. it makes me wonder if the problems can even be fixed at this point.

Every MMO will have months of problems. Been MMOing myself since 1999 and I have yet to see a MMO launch that didnt. Every game he listed had launch problems. 3-6 months later and things get smooth for most people. Few weeks ago WS was giving me optimization problems as well. Few patches later and things running smooth. If you cant hack bug, lag and optimization problems with a new MMO launch, you should skip playing new MMOs and wait till they are out 3-6 months. This is a good launch next to most MMO launches. 

Ya, I agree with you. If folks don't want to wait they can just adjust the video settings. In this game it may be good to tone things down a bit anyway.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

I have to report that I also have a problem regarding FPS issues.

When I stand still, the game gives me 60 FPS steady. But as soon as I do some inputs with my keyboard, or with my mouse, the game blows down to 15-18 FPS in an instant, making it impossible to play.

AMD Phenom II X6 1075 T 3,4 GHZ oc

nvidia geforce 660 ti

8gb ddr3 ram

Win 7 64.

• comicguycomicguy Member Posts: 123

Huh?  Playing this on a $700 computer. Probably considered Mid range at best. 750 ti card. Running everything on max.

No lag at all.  No problem playing this maxed out on a $700 computer I just bought in February. Getting 60fps in BG

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    i7 2.8 ghz, 9 gig RAM,Nvidia Geforce 580 GTX  standing still about 90 moving about 60 FPS. Sometimes it drops to 45.

• chopgrchopgr Member Posts: 179
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Dude. No offense. It has nothing to do with that.  It´s all down the game itself and how horribly optimized it is.

This sums all things up.

As the guy above said, its all about the game. Its not about doing this or doing that. Its just not optimized.

Personally i run the game "ok" at high-ultra by an average minimum of 40 fps.

Still im not satisfied. Smooth animation comes with framerates above 50fps, at least on my monitor.

But the game is nearly unplayable to many. And cmon, does it really worth to call something playable hovering between 15-35fps? Thats low standarts! Its the same as calling bread and water happy life to live.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chopgr?feature=mhee

"The Heavens burned, the stars
    cried out
    And under the ashes of infinity,
    Hope, scarred and bleeding,
    breathed its last."

Originally posted by kitarad
    i7 2.8 ghz, 9 gig RAM,Nvidia Geforce 580 GTX  standing still about 90 moving about 60 FPS. Sometimes it drops to 45.

Sorry but i just dont believe you. You are telling us you are using a cpu frequency that was used at ~2007 and a gpu card thats 3 generations old. And u still maintain a minimum of 60 fps up to 90 on .. what setting? Even at low it would hardly give u an average of 40fps.

cried out
    breathed its last."

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    I can't, for the life of me, figure out what is so graphically taxing in this game unless you're there are 50 people in the same spot.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

I have a Q6660, 8gb, 650 Ti 1gb, Vista Ultimate 64b

So far it's run fine and my machine is on old drivers still

Originally posted by chopgr

Sorry but i just dont believe you. You are telling us you are using a cpu frequency that was used at ~2007 and a gpu card thats 3 generations old. And u still maintain a minimum of 60 fps up to 90 on .. what setting? Even at low it would hardly give u an average of 40fps.

LOL no way for me to prove this but I do not have shadows running. I have an alienware from 2010. I have most of the other settings to high except the clutter and distance ones at about 75 %. Seriously no  skin off my nose since I am playing anyway going to go play at my lying settings and FPS now. Bye 

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

I think he forgot to mention that he is playing on an old CRT monitor with 800x600 resolution. image

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• Tr3izeTr3ize Member Posts: 35
    There are some performance issues in some zones, which is to be expected in any new game tbh. Just keep your drivers updated and wait for the game update that'll come soon.

LOL no way for me to prove this but I do not have shadows running. I have an alienware from 2010. I have most of the other settings to high except the clutter and distance ones at about 75 %. Seriously no  skin off my nose since I am playing anyway going to go play at my lying settings and FPS now. Bye 

Ok ok i read you. You have shadows off, clutter and distance reduced and probably some other things. This makes the game run alot faster for sure (alot less eyecandy aswell).

Im happy you still get that high FPS though! Good day and enjoy!

cried out
    breathed its last."

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

I think he forgot to mention that he is playing on an old CRT monitor with 800x600 resolution. image

That will be probably it. I had some People ingame boasting about high FPS and when you ask what they were running at, pretty much all of them were running on 720p or lower resolution.

I have a 27inch IPS panel with a native resolution of 2560x1440. If I go lower than that I will get headaches, as the game will look blurry like hell.

I tried for the sake of it, to see if I get some significant improvement. But lowering to 1920x1080 will only gain me 3-4 frames extra. Not Worth the bother.

• CirventhorCirventhor Member Posts: 13

Shadows seemed to be a bit of a FPS killer for me if they were set too high, I've set them to medium and run 55-60 FPS with vsync on 99% of the time, otherwise I've got everything on maximum @ 1920x1200.

i2500k @ 4,5 ghz

GeForce 680 GTX

8 GB RAM

• hamsternatorhamsternator Member UncommonPosts: 13

This absolutely fixed it for me! Holy crap...

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/256719/got_major_perfomance_boost_and_stable_5060_fps/

Coupled with setting AA to max. Used to be at FXAA 3, set it to FXAA 5 and saw a pretty good improvement. But the file thing was absolutely the clincher.

Have a mid range (I guess...) rig:

i7 2.67 quad core

6Gigs RAM

Nvidia 660Ti

I was in the early beta and OPS, and the reasoning in the Reddit thread is that there are leftover files from those builds that conflict with the present version.

Used to be I'd get seriously 5-10 secs of stutter where my char would freeze in place, and then teleport half a screen back or forwards. Especially in cities around crafters - i.e. with lots of players around.

Deleted my files as per the thread, and now it just works. I have small frame rate drops as expected with my rig, but nothing remotely near the hell it was.

Go, Reddit! :)

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Foomerang

I consider myself lucky. My 2009 PC runs this game at about 40 fps on high. Good enough for me.

I hope they iron out the performance issues soon though. Feel kinda bad for the folks who have high end PCs and this game runs poorly for them.

Yeh I'm in the same boat.  Luckily my 5 year old computer runs it well at high settings.  Of course my computer was beast back in 2009.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Member UncommonPosts: 155
    My PC is from 2009 as well with a second-gen i5 Core and a 500-series NVIDIA graphics card and it runs just fine.
    Resolution is 1600 x1200 . It looks good to be honest on my 19 inch LCD. Of course I cannot compare with higher resolution since I do not have that on my monitor. It looks very good and I am happy and I get good FPS as I mentioned. I do not like shadows I always have it off. It has never been a big deal for me shadows. I had all the distances and clutter to high until I saw my FPS dropping at later areas then I turned it to 75 %. Everything else is on high though. Honestly it is looking very nice with a bit of compromise on my part and I can play it without lag at all. What more can I ask for my rig.

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

Before the recent AMD optimization I was pulling around 30 fps in the world with dips into the teens with a lot of things going on.

After the patch im averaging 40 FPS with 5 fps dips with a lot of stuff going on.  

I run at 1920x1080 low shadows no fxaa. ( i could probably turn it back on though) everything else is on high except ground clutter and my view distance is above 600 but below 700.

I have a Phenom x4 965 be @4.0 ghz with a radeon 7970.   

My video card is more than enough for the game, like most things my processor is the bottleneck,   but 40 fps is very playable for me. 

I think with some more optimizations on their end and some amd driver updates things should be going pretty good.

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by hamsternator

This absolutely fixed it for me! Holy crap...

http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/256719/got_major_perfomance_boost_and_stable_5060_fps/

Coupled with setting AA to max. Used to be at FXAA 3, set it to FXAA 5 and saw a pretty good improvement. But the file thing was absolutely the clincher.

Have a mid range (I guess...) rig:

i7 2.67 quad core

6Gigs RAM

Nvidia 660Ti

I was in the early beta and OPS, and the reasoning in the Reddit thread is that there are leftover files from those builds that conflict with the present version.

Used to be I'd get seriously 5-10 secs of stutter where my char would freeze in place, and then teleport half a screen back or forwards. Especially in cities around crafters - i.e. with lots of players around.

Deleted my files as per the thread, and now it just works. I have small frame rate drops as expected with my rig, but nothing remotely near the hell it was.

Go, Reddit! :)

Just tried that but unfortunatly I didn't see any significant boost in my FPS . My PCs specs are quite similar to yours slightly more powerful CPU and 8gbs ram but I'm using a Radeon 6800 HD card . Not the best card about admittedly but it handled TESO with very little problem on high settings and I get a good 60-70 fps in GW2 again on high settings so I'm not disposed to upgrading it just yet . 

• hamsternatorhamsternator Member UncommonPosts: 13

I didn't see a real FPS increase as such - but it got rid of the massive stuttering and freezing I was seeing.

If the Reddit thread is to be believed, it only has an effect IF you were in a beta stage that has leftover files that conflict. God knows which beta or OPS patch might be offenders...

So if you were in a beta stage and experience stuttering/freezing - try it out. Otherwise no, I don't think it has any effect.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I feel bad for people have problems, it sucks. This is a new game, give it time and I am sure you will see things clear up. I was having problems in open beta and a few patches in and things are smooth again. Gona take time to get all the big problems ironed out. This is the pain of any new MMO. As a whole, this is a very smooth launch. 
  • AlverantAlverant Member RarePosts: 1,320

My system wasn't even cutting edge when I got it 6 years ago. Windows 7 just came out and I wanted a new rig. Since then I haven't had to reformat the HD or do anything more than basic maintenance and updates. Wildstar runs fine on it, I'm not sure what your problem is.

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Had 4-5 years old computer while played this on beta and it was very smooth on high settings, so no, no beastly rigs needed.
  • JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103

Not sure what the problem on your end might be.

I checked mine and my rig is about 3+ years old now, running a quad core 1.7ghz intel set with a nvidia 580 and 25 gig of ram and my my FPS never goes below 33. Most times its just sits at 59 easy.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins