Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Rogue Class & Ninja Job Announced & A Realm in Peril Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest E3 edition of Letter from the Producer LIVE has been released with the big news that both a new job and a new class are coming to Final Fantasy XIV. The Rogue class is incoming along with the Ninja job. Check out the video below to see the Ninja and Rogue in action!

In addition to the class and job announcement trailer, Square Enix also released a new trailer called "A Realm in Peril" that gives a hint of things to come:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• previnprevin Member UncommonPosts: 47

Please, not another positional class/job!

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

@Previn.

A lot of people love monk because of the positional aspect.  YoshiP, today said, that position plays a role for Ninja/Rogue but not as much as monk.

With Ninja, you get ninjitsu abilities that depending on what order you do them, determines what ability/debuff you can cast on the enemy.   I think it's similar to Paragon in LotRO in that respect... if it is.. i would LOVE it!

And with most of the other classes, the animations looked spectacular.  Combat may be slow for some people's tastes, compared to other mmo's but I think a lot of people are going to love this class/job.

• SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    Hell yeah been waiting for this. Now if they would add red/blue mage, and samurai id be even more about it!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    good, keep the classes and jobs coming.

• PlageronPlageron Member Posts: 109

so can it turn invisible? 

Or have stealth longer then a second or two?

or is this just going to be a another fighter?

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Guess i'm going back to Eorzea when these classes are released.
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by SBFord

In addition to the class and job announcement trailer, Square Enix also released a new trailer called "A Realm in Peril" that gives a hint of things to come:

Isn't this just a trailer for all the Primal EX fights that are already in the game?

EDIT: Whoops, nevermind. I somehow missed the glimpses of Ramuh and Shiva in there.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

As much as I'd love to return for my favourite job I can't still get down the fact endgame dungeons as melee is quite a death call unless you are able to dodge every single hit.

I loved dragoon but you either ranged or dodged everything while still doing less damage overall. The groups might take 1 melee for the limit break but till I played (3 months) the overall was all ranged dps since it's easier to dodge aoe and attack with ease.

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    This games not my cup of tea, but it's one that deserves some respect. I'm happy for everyone that enjoys this game and is getting a new bag of goodies it seems.
  • previnprevin Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by ZizouX

@Previn.

A lot of people love monk because of the positional aspect.  YoshiP, today said, that position plays a role for Ninja/Rogue but not as much as monk.

I don't have a problem with the Monk, I have more of a problem with the positions I need to be in being cut off is so many of the fights.

Monk was my favourite job until they revamped it in a realm reborn.

Too much running from side to side to get optimal damage/buffs that last very few seconds so you have to keep on doing it over and over. At least with dragoon I am mostly on the back of the boss and an occasional side to get damage buff.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    At 40 secsonds that looks like in engine footage of bahamut that alone just is amazing. This game is doing a damn good job at putting out the content, SE really did a good job at ressurecting it.
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257

I must say that I kind of feel guilty for not playing this game more. Guess I just have to blame on my "WoW virus" :S

Will probably give it another spin :)

• Mighty_PlatypusMighty_Platypus Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by Bloodaxes

As much as I'd love to return for my favourite job I can't still get down the fact endgame dungeons as melee is quite a death call unless you are able to dodge every single hit.

I loved dragoon but you either ranged or dodged everything while still doing less damage overall. The groups might take 1 melee for the limit break but till I played (3 months) the overall was all ranged dps since it's easier to dodge aoe and attack with ease.

Not sure what game you were playing,  but I never saw a DRG get one shotted unless he was in the wrong dungeon (too low/way undergeared) or he was fighting HM Titan. MNK and DRG can take a couple hits before going down, but don't because after that getting hit more than like three times, your healer will probably reach through the monitor and slap you across the head. The game is challenging, even for ranged, but don't let that dissuade you from playing such an enjoyable experience. Find a good guild, and you will thrive no matter what class you play.

• WelshyJTWelshyJT Member UncommonPosts: 28
    my wallet is ready, to dish out the sub fee!
  • BreadbackBreadback Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Likely not. One of the major issues to pop up on their boards during the Alpha testing days came from the FFXI crowd concerning Invisible and Sneak (or Stealth). Yoshida made it clear that Stealthing wouldn't be a part of the game. Even in part. I think the most we'll get out of it are a bunch of flashy, swift abilities.
  • nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by MilkyDelight
    Likely not. One of the major issues to pop up on their boards during the Alpha testing days came from the FFXI crowd concerning Invisible and Sneak (or Stealth). Yoshida made it clear that Stealthing wouldn't be a part of the game. Even in part. I think the most we'll get out of it are a bunch of flashy, swift abilities.

There was an interview on 2p.com today saying that Rogue/Ninja has stealth abilities that are to be used in PVP.

I haven't heard of this particular "news outlet" until yesterday when they posted up an "interview" from a month ago just yesterday, so I don't know how credible they are.

Originally posted by Mighty_Platypus

Not sure what game you were playing,  but I never saw a DRG get one shotted unless he was in the wrong dungeon (too low/way undergeared) or he was fighting HM Titan. MNK and DRG can take a couple hits before going down, but don't because after that getting hit more than like three times, your healer will probably reach through the monitor and slap you across the head. The game is challenging, even for ranged, but don't let that dissuade you from playing such an enjoyable experience. Find a good guild, and you will thrive no matter what class you play.

Till I played I got dragoon, summoner, scholar and warrior to cap with relic (All but scholar as I hate healing) and token gear, so believe me I tried. When I said death I didn't specifically meant 1 shot but even getting hit once as you said everyone will look at you like the black sheep of the team.

The game at endgame didn't have much to do and after so many times doing the same dungeons you will get to a point and say nope I'm not paying anymore, it's no longer fun.

• CrimsonDragonCrimsonDragon Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Whatever happened to Bahamut? Was he already fought and defeated by players before Leviathan came out or has he not appeared yet? Because I thought the original premise of the game was to find Bahamut and prevent him from wiping the planet out of rage due to his 10,000 year imprisonment in the false moon. O.o
  • ShiyakyiuShiyakyiu Member UncommonPosts: 1

Don't know about having 1 melee only. Melees are really strong at the moment, there are some groups that run 3 melee without any issues. 

As for endgame, ranged dodging being easier isn't necessarily true. Bards, while seemingly being able to dodge easier than the rest, do have a lot more responsibility - especially in the new coil. Their damage is also a bit lower.

Black mage doesn't really have it easy in movement fights, heck, they are impacted much more than melees.

Summoner is in my opinion least impacted by dodging in terms of DPS.

No ranged has an advantage over melees unless they are constantly moving - which isn't very viable.

But eh, the point is that every single person has to dodge, melee or not. And people who'd rather take ranged for melee usually don't really know what they are doing.