Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The Crew: Closed Beta and Launch Announced!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing EditorBerea, OHPosts: 2,357MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

During E3 in Los Angeles, Ubisoft's racing MMO The Crew got itself a launch date and a closed beta date.  During the Ubisoft press conference, it was announced that The Crew will enter into closed beta on July 23rd, with launch coming on November 11th.

Stay tuned for more hands on impressions of the game this week!  Head to the game's site for more info on The Crew.

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,183Member Uncommon
    This is a lobby based multiplayer game.  Little or no character development says it is clearly NOT a MMO.
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,441Member Uncommon
    I love going to watch Dirt track racing but when comes to gaming i don't like car racing games at all.

Samoan Diamond

• StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOPosts: 1,264Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    This is a lobby based multiplayer game.  Little or no character development says it is clearly NOT a MMO.

Every single player on a given platform is playing on the exact same server. You can only group up with 3 other people , but you can see 8 people at any given time. Notice I said see, your not in a game with just 8 people, it's just that the game will only visually load 8 people at a time (most likely the 8 people closest to you). What players are loaded on your screen changes every so often as you move about the world, as far as I'm aware they haven't stated how often the list refreshes.

You may not consider 8 people 'massive', but 8 is only the amount of players you can physically interact with in the open world. You can, at any time, go to the map and see the thousands of other players playing at the same time as you and interact with them as well. It may not be truly an MMO, but it's far from lobby based.

As for character develpement, this is a racing game and not an RPG. Your character is just some random guy behind the wheel. Purchasing, upgrading and customizing your cars is what this game is about, it doesn't need character development.

• garrettgarrett Posts: 260MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon
    Ubisoft called it an MMO at  the press conference. 
     :p 
  • OnisDEOnisDE Brooklyn, NYPosts: 19Member
    Originally posted by garrett

And the USDA considers ketchup a vegetable.

• M4koM4ko afefasdfPosts: 385Member
    Originally posted by OnisDE

I would trust UBISoft more than USDA  :D

• OnisDEOnisDE Brooklyn, NYPosts: 19Member
    Originally posted by M4ko
    Originally posted by OnisDE

I would trust UBISoft more than USDA  :D

No argument there.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal st clair shores, MIPosts: 809Member Uncommon

People  on this forum are never happy with any game, they always have something to complain about with every game, maybe its time tot make your own game? So we can complain about it?

I personally want to see more racing game being a gear head we don't have enough good ones. The person that says character development, are you joking?? Racing games don't need that... Ita a racing game its all about the car as the player. dur.. I can see someone has never played racing games before, he just wants to troll.