Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny: Official E3 Trailer: Earth's Last Hope

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest E3 trailer to hit the airwaves is one for Bungie's Destiny. The trailer reveals some of the lore behind the game, the reason for players to participate. In addition, it was revealed the the early adopter alpha will kick off on Thursday, with the PS3 and PS4 beta beginning on July 17th.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• seraphynxseraphynx Member UncommonPosts: 147
    hopefully PC version comes next year.. game looks great but not great enough for me to buy an entire console for it...
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    You know after watching a gameplay video of this, it reminds me of Firefall and Defiance...so no thank you.   
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    I'll probably be buying this even though it's not really an MMO. Looks like you can only interact with 4-8 players at a time.
  • DoushiDoushi Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Soon, the PS4 will have enough good games to justify buying it, can't wait :)

mmorpg.com, the 4chan of mmo forums.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Stupid game hype. only one min in and the trailer states the end of everything has already happened. Seriously the END of EVERYTHING? Guess there's not much sense playing as the end of everything has already come about. Really brain dead PR / Marketing.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Honestly, it looks like a mix between Halo and Warframe. Both are pretty damn good. If it has more purpose than Warframe, with the solid gameplay we've come to expect from Bungie, I'm in.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904
    hmm seems the graphical quality has diminished since last marketing spin...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    500 million $ for this. i want to see what happens next.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Nitth

Could be the watchdogs effect, where it turned out the original presentation was done using PC's and in the end the graphical resolution of the game was much lower on release, particularly on the XB1, which probably means it will be yet another game that can't run in full HD, but limited to near 720p and can still only run at 30 fps, which is totally pants. image

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Looks sweet, but "You're the hero" line is a bit of a turn off for me. It just screams "single player, on rails experience".
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

The narrative in this video was absolutely horrible!

If that sets the tone of the level of writing and story telling in this game (B-Movie grade).... /shrug.  I´ll pass.

• DemrocksDemrocks Member UncommonPosts: 136

Not releasing for PC Master Race.......a 500 Million dollar production.

Goodluck.

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516
    Not on PC, then you get no money from me.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Teala
    You know after watching a gameplay video of this, it reminds me of Firefall and Defiance...so no thank you.   

Atleast the exploration in this game looks far better than both those games. Firefall was fun for a bit, but got sick of farming mats, and defiance had a very boring world and hated all the sidequests. I just hope this turns out to be a decent game, cause I really want a good open world PvE FPS.

• mayito7777mayito7777 Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Originally posted by Teala

With a few ounces of Warframe as well. Could be interesting.

want 7 free days of playing? Try this

http://www.swtor.com/r/ZptVnY

• RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Bungie needs to go back to its roots and make a new Myth game.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• coorsguyscoorsguys Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Demrocks

Goodluck.

Geez another PC elitist.  Calling yourself a "master race" makes it sound like you are covering for some other deficiencies.  I own both a beast of a PC and a console.  I'm mature enough and secure enough in my life to accept both forms of entertainment.  I will never understand these elitist. "Master race " PC gamers .  You just give all PC gamers a bad name.  

You are aware without the consoles PC gaming would not be what or where it is today right?

• Geebus80Geebus80 Member Posts: 92

yay another "next gen" game being released on obsolete previous gen consoles, yay for down scaling us all so ps3 dinosaurs can play.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Phry

Could be the watchdogs effect, where it turned out the original presentation was done using PC's and in the end the graphical resolution of the game was much lower on release, particularly on the XB1, which probably means it will be yet another game that can't run in full HD, but limited to near 720p and can still only run at 30 fps, which is totally pants. image

Indeed, that was a dramatic drop in image quality !

Is reality slowly filtering in here ?

It did look a bit too good to be true for a console release...

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by Phry

Indeed, that was a dramatic drop in image quality !

Is reality slowly filtering in here ?

It did look a bit too good to be true for a console release...

looks the same as it always did to me

• Jimmy562Jimmy562 Member UncommonPosts: 1,158

Goodluck.

GTA5 didn't release for PC and I hear they did pretty damn well. 

Originally posted by Jimmy562

Goodluck.

Console releases, especially those from developers such as Bungie, hit 500 million in revenue fairly commonly.  All these folks tripping balls about that price tag should probably pay better attention to the amount of revenue console gaming (specifically FPS) rakes in.

To gawk and freak out over a 500 million dollar budget from the studio that brought us the Halo franchise is silly.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910
    Originally posted by MadFrenchie

Goodluck.

Console releases, especially those from developers such as Bungie, hit 500 million in revenue fairly commonly.  All these folks tripping balls about that price tag should probably pay better attention to the amount of revenue console gaming (specifically FPS) rakes in.

To gawk and freak out over a 500 million dollar budget from the studio that brought us the Halo franchise is silly.

Funny, that if you put in $500 Million dollars in Google, that Destiny is the first three pages of results.

GTA V - $265M

CoD:Modern Warfare - $200M

Where are all these $500M games you are going on about?  Oh, right.  Your imagination.

Unless that was sarcasm, in which case, good job.

Games do often make a lot of money though.

http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-top-10-highest-grossing-video-games-of-all-time-2012-6?op=1

That was as of sometime in 2012, and several of those games made over a billion dollars.  They didn't spend anywhere near $500M making those games though.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Not releasing for PC Master Race.......a 500 Million dollar production. Goodluck.

Funny, that if you put in $500 Million dollars in Google, that Destiny is the first three pages of results.

GTA V - $265M

Where are all these $500M games you are going on about?  Oh, right.  Your imagination.

http://www.businessinsider.com/here-are-the-top-10-highest-grossing-video-games-of-all-time-2012-6?op=1

That was as of sometime in 2012, and several of those games made over a billion dollars.  They didn't spend anywhere near $500M making those games though.

Certainly never said it wasn't ambitious. I merely stated to act as if making that kind of revenue back on a premier console release from the likes of Bungie isn't unheard of or even uncommon. They've done it before releasing on only one console.

Not sure where in my previous post I implied 500 million was par for the development course on consoles.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Goodluck.

GTA V - $265M

Actually, SWTOR spent more on pure development costs. Check out the most expensive games to develop and you see that it comes in at $140 million to actually develop. So, while expensive, it's in line with GTA, COD, etc. 

It's pure marketing propaganda. You know what? I'm going to make a new flappy bird tonight at home and give it a $1 billion marketing budget so it can be the most expensive game ever made. Trust me, they haven't spent $500 million on this game. The development costs might be gone by this point, but the marketing budget is definitely not spent, and based on the number of television, radio, newspaper, and other media coverage they've bought (cuz I see their ads here all the time) that marketing budget is probably still sitting at the $300 million mark or more. Shoot, the entire budget for GTAV was $265 million and I saw a commercial at least daily for them. Destiny? Nada. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------