Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is ArcheAge loosing steam here ?

Comments

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Originally posted by delete5230

I'm still excited about this game with a lot of CAUTION.

Without anything to play right now ( since everything else is not much of an mmo ). I'm still keeping an eye on ArcheAge.

However in the last week we are having less and less posting, and many of the hype posters are now posting on other mmos.  Many of us are waiting for a good sandbox, and this seems to foot the bill......With all their is to do in this game, can it be that it's going stale anyway ?.....I don't know, I'm not playing yet.

After all, paying $150, it would be a blow in pride to post anything negative after the fact.  And many that say the game just keeps getting better and better are gone......I'm not trying to derail anything here, infact I'm trying to justify playing a cash shop game.......On the good side if less people are paying the $150, maybe they will release the game soon.

it failed in middle east so why should it work in Usa, Eu? when Asia hated it

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Without anything to play right now ( since everything else is not much of an mmo ). I'm still keeping an eye on ArcheAge.

However in the last week we are having less and less posting, and many of the hype posters are now posting on other mmos.  Many of us are waiting for a good sandbox, and this seems to foot the bill......With all their is to do in this game, can it be that it's going stale anyway ?.....I don't know, I'm not playing yet.

After all, paying $150, it would be a blow in pride to post anything negative after the fact.  And many that say the game just keeps getting better and better are gone......I'm not trying to derail anything here, infact I'm trying to justify playing a cash shop game.......On the good side if less people are paying the $150, maybe they will release the game soon.

people whoa re playing now are just looking and learning the best way to deal things, places to farm, places to lvl, everything to have a edge when the game launches, that is all right now is test to see how to make things faster, also most people will not share it till they used so not much to post or say

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • BlackaftermathBlackaftermath Member Posts: 32
    Not losing steam one bit! I am in the Alpha, and the $150 was worth every damn penny. I have played all of the mmo's of recent (Wildstar, ESO,GW2,Neverwinter,Rift,SWTOR) and by FAAAAR ArcheAge is the most fun and entertaining to me. The Alpha server is ridiculously packed which is impressive considering how many people paid $150 just for alpha access. This game is going to be a Blockbuster.
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

There's a lot I love about AA, but you challenged someone who paid $150 to post something negative about AA, so here we go ;).

In its current state, I think the dynamic of PvP combat in AA is absolutely horrible.

CC is EXTREMELY powerful, and anti-CC abilities are few and far between and are not nearly powerful enough to counter the insane amount of CC.  For example, you may get anti-CC abilitiy that only protects against stun...but that's not going to help you against all the trips, fears, sleeps etc. etc. that are coming your way.  Oh and most classes in the game have MULTIPLE hard CC skills and are capable of stun-locking an opponent for like 5-8 seconds.

Anyone with the shadowplay tree has near permanent stealth...basically stealth has a 45s cooldown and lasts 45s.  So most PvP in the game occurs with one or both parties being completely invisible until the fight starts.

There's more...but you get the point.  Right now in AA, whoever initiates the fight normally wins, and the other person will spend 5 seconds stunlocked watching themselves die.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

I paid the $150.00 As it coincided with a tax rebate, so wasn't planning on the money. I was also in the fray of ESO, which I now still enjoy, but not playing daily

I sat down a week agao and went to pour some time into AA, and it was difficult. Of course it is Alpha and hopefully the squeaky Korean voices will be gone come beta and the sadly limited body size in customer characterization. It was extremely hard to switch gears from ESO to AA (felt like a two year step back), so I haven't made it past level 10 or 11

I had to restore my computer to factory spec and still haven't re-installed so pretty much just waiting for the next big update and then will plonk along again. 

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

What, you want me to keep posting here about how AA is a great game?

Sure, ok, AA is a great game.

There is so much passive aggressive trolling in your OP though I doubt that's what you really want to hear.

Plus, some people just get sick of the bickering and being called a 'fanboy' every time they dare say something positive around here, so they stop posting sooner or later.  It's how the negative and hostile have come to set the culture on these boards. This isn't an environment where fans come just to chat.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by Creslin321

There's a lot I love about AA, but you challenged someone who paid $150 to post something negative about AA, so here we go ;).

In its current state, I think the dynamic of PvP combat in AA is absolutely horrible.

CC is EXTREMELY powerful, and anti-CC abilities are few and far between and are not nearly powerful enough to counter the insane amount of CC.  For example, you may get anti-CC abilitiy that only protects against stun...but that's not going to help you against all the trips, fears, sleeps etc. etc. that are coming your way.  Oh and most classes in the game have MULTIPLE hard CC skills and are capable of stun-locking an opponent for like 5-8 seconds.

Anyone with the shadowplay tree has near permanent stealth...basically stealth has a 45s cooldown and lasts 45s.  So most PvP in the game occurs with one or both parties being completely invisible until the fight starts.

There's more...but you get the point.  Right now in AA, whoever initiates the fight normally wins, and the other person will spend 5 seconds stunlocked watching themselves die.

only you forget something, all CC you get after the 2 or 3 time you get it, you get a 30 sec imunity to that CC, so 2 trips in a row? 30 sec of immunity to it, same for stuns and snares, also if i'm not mistaken trips and stuns are the same fro this buff. so you only really need to survive long enough. also a side note, this is one of rare games then a ranged class don't cause more damage then melee, and melees have gap closers, but ranged have mobility, so things are kinda even

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    I expect that the eventual AA release will go similarly to Neverwinter, with a brief flurry of excitement and hype and then it will vanish without trace. Well, maybe not that badly, after all, DF:UW still makes the MMORPG.COM front page 2 or 3 times a year...

AA is nothing like Neverwinter...give me a break.  Read up on DFUW...it's much improved over last years "release" (it was beta). AA and DFUW are infinitely better games than anything else on this site other than maybe EvE and the old school mmos.

I don't imagine AA will be ready for super long term playability until they attempt to finish the northern continent and sieging.  And PvP has some massive balance issues.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394

I've been playing the hell out of AA but I didn't want to spoil everything considering we still have a beta phase to go through too before we get to an actual release.

The game is fantastic.  I found myself actually wanting to disregard my normal day life priorities to play some more which I haven't done since back in my EQ days.  Every MMO since has just been a time sink that I invest in when I have nothing else to do, this game seems to feel different for me for some reason.  I couldn't get into ESO or Wildstar despite numerous attempts in CB and OB weekends.  Hopefully this game will end up being a huge success, because it really has most of the elements I consider necessary to be a "good" MMO.  The only thing I see lacking is a storyline, and it's because currently all of the main storyline cutscenes are still in Korean.  Even with that though, this isn't going to be an SWTOR kinda storyline but I am OK with that, the combat, crafting, and PvP aspects of the game are completely solid.  120 class combinations makes for a lot of  variation although only a couple of handfuls of them are actually what I consider "viable" at this point.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249
    Originally posted by Mardukk

I don't imagine AA will be ready for super long term playability until they attempt to finish the northern continent and sieging.  And PvP has some massive balance issues.

I agree.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by alkarionlog
    Originally posted by Creslin321

only you forget something, all CC you get after the 2 or 3 time you get it, you get a 30 sec imunity to that CC, so 2 trips in a row? 30 sec of immunity to it, same for stuns and snares, also if i'm not mistaken trips and stuns are the same fro this buff. so you only really need to survive long enough. also a side note, this is one of rare games then a ranged class don't cause more damage then melee, and melees have gap closers, but ranged have mobility, so things are kinda even

Normally, I don't live past the 2 or 3 time of CC being applied.  I get CC'd, shadow strike for 5K, a few more hits and I'm dead.

However, I have heard that there are going to be massive sweeping changed in an upcoming patch and completely change this dynamic, so there is hope.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Originally posted by Jabas

I agree.

Class balance isn't going to be something we see with this game, and with good reason.  I think class balance is something that ruins games rather than create this false sense of an even playing field people are looking for.  If you are playing a support/healing class then you are going to need others to rely on for damage.  You shouldn't be able to dominate someone just as well as a glass cannon full damage specced mage.  The only thing that sucks right now is being a support class like a bard (while it's incredibly helpful to others) isn't earning you any Honor.  As far as class balance goes, I say to hell with it.

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Originally posted by epoq
    Originally posted by Jabas

I agree.

Class balance isn't going to be something we see with this game, and with good reason.  I think class balance is something that ruins games rather than create this false sense of an even playing field people are looking for.  If you are playing a support/healing class then you are going to need others to rely on for damage.  You shouldn't be able to dominate someone just as well as a glass cannon full damage specced mage.  The only thing that sucks right now is being a support class like a bard (while it's incredibly helpful to others) isn't earning you any Honor.  As far as class balance goes, I say to hell with it.

I agree with this statment. Class balance is one of the biggest negatives in the mmo genre and has lead to every job more or less being the same out of fear 1 job will better then another in 1vs1 pvp or soloing scenerios. I say screw class ballance 100%. It is not a concept that works well and it destroying the class uniqueness across the genre.

AA is designe for you to be able to mix builds and change stuff up freely. Keep support builds purly focused on support. Tank builds on tank. And so on.

If someone goes into a War with no offense abilities and CC negation abilities equiped. They should be killed and probally killed by someone 10-20lvls below them. People need to spec based on what they are doing. If you are soloing or going into pvp alone... do not go in with a build designed for group play and complain you are subpar. That is called working as intended.

And yes the honor is a problem because you need a killing blow. You should get honor if you heal/buff up someone who kills someone as well.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    loosing makes me laugh.
  • dandurindandurin Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by Taranx

I sat down a week agao and went to pour some time into AA, and it was difficult. Of course it is Alpha and hopefully the squeaky Korean voices will be gone come beta and the sadly limited body size in customer characterization. It was extremely hard to switch gears from ESO to AA (felt like a two year step back), so I haven't made it past level 10 or 11

Heh heh, that's two hours of game time.

Even people who love the game will agree that up to level 10 there's no reason to prefer it to any other WoW clone (beyond the choice of 3 power sets at least).

Right around 11 the sandbox aspects start to trickle in, in particular the mount raising, farming, glider, and trade run content.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    loosing makes me laugh.

I enjoy a good loose as well. I even take a book in with me sometimes. Not sure one has ever made me laugh though.

Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    loosing makes me laugh.

I enjoy a good loose as well. I even take a book in with me sometimes. Not sure one has ever made me laugh though.

You'll get hemorrhoids doing that.

LOL, my mock "anti-Archeage" logic was deleted for "trolling".

I think certain posters need their sarcasm meter fixed.

Did you read carefully Vesavius?
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

I understand there are a lot of people that in the face of all evidence to the contrary think AA is the best game ever made. The game is already more than a year old in Korea and all we have to do is look at how badly AA has bombed there to realize the same thing is gonna happen here. 

Sure it will have a niche following for awhile, but considering Trion is basically paying to lease the game, eventually they will just pull the plug and let this game go back to a service like Perfect World where it belongs.

Originally posted by psiic

I understand there are a lot of people that in the face of all evidence to the contrary think AA is the best game ever made. The game is already more than a year old in Korea and all we have to do is look at how badly AA has bombed there to realize the same thing is gonna happen here. 

Why should Westerners who love the game care what Koreans think?

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    I don't regret spending 150, still having a blast on the game its very in depth. Looking forward to where it goes from here. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Sure it will have a niche following for awhile, but considering Trion is basically paying to lease the game, eventually they will just pull the plug and let this game go back to a service like Perfect World where it belongs.

Because games that sell well in Korea always do so well here.  Wait, they don't.

No telling what might appeal in the west, I know in my case this is one of the better MMO's in the past few years to come along.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Because games that sell well in Korea always do so well here.  Wait, they don't.

No telling what might appeal in the west, I know in my case this is one of the better MMO's in the past few years to come along.

It would probably be more accurate to say they do the opposite. Generally if a game does where there it bombs here and vise versa. With the exception of wow and LoLthe top games there most people here have never even heard of here.

• KarbleKarble Member UncommonPosts: 750

There is no steam being lost. There is a waiting period that happens before most games announce next steps.

Fact is the play time needed to learn most of the game mechanics without spoiling anything for yourself has already happened for most early alpha players.

Most questions people who have been following the game have, have already been answered by others via twitch, youtube, and forums.

So now we are mostly waiting on the announcement for beta launch date and then there will be another mad rush for a bit until beta and then there will again be plenty of steam as you put it.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Of course it's running out of steam, they are running out of suckers willing to pay $150 for alpha access.  Things will pick up again when the cost goes from $150 to free and people can actually keep their progress... oh wait... is there a $60 closed beta to be had in between then and now?