Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 Videos about SHARDS ! (Must Watch)

GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

Draconi Speaks !! Lore !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG-WhuCFDfI

Bruce talks about the systems !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjeJRSCMT40

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    i played over the weekend and thought the combat was so bad, it made me uninstall the game. It seems like a game that could pull in some players, but with servers maxing at 450( i think i saw that number ) it will not encourage me to play.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by strawhat0981
    i played over the weekend and thought the combat was so bad, it made me uninstall the game. It seems like a game that could pull in some players, but with servers maxing at 450( i think i saw that number ) it will not encourage me to play.

Nothing was said about servers maxing at 450- In fact, what was said is they want to make the first ever fully moddable and player controlled servers which support thousands of players. EDIT- And tht is only concerning player operated shards. Shars Online will have both official and non official servers.

This was also a pre Alpha- Essentially a playable tech demo showcasing that thre is a foundation here and not just an idea. Sadly , many felt this was the complete game or open beta rather than a game which has been in development for 6-8 months.

I personally thought the combat was decent- Regardless, this was a pre alpha so I would expect many problems and things which need tightened up. You should have gave it  chance and saw the systems in place rather than uninstalling based on not enjoying combat in a pre alha- That was kind of the point- Not to pick apart certain aspects that will change anyhow, but to showcase the systems, moddability and such and drum up some support for the kickstarter that consisted of more than an idea and lots of promises- Something tangible.

And yes, this wont be for everyone. 

• bibensdbibensd Member UncommonPosts: 58
    personally hope the game makes it or finds some other outlet, since they have 60 hours to make 260,647 dollars on kickstarter, and that seems unlikely.
  • MMOreaverMMOreaver Member UncommonPosts: 75

imo not many mmorpgs out there with fresh stuff - bores me a little

wildstar is for kiddis and everquest still pending. also not sure about archage, since trion needs money..and a lot

but this looks promising.. maybe something for 2015/2016 if they get a beta of that game ready

it just got on my top 10 list ;)

wow, one of the founders is from Elder Scrolls: Morrowind and DAoC ..promissing indeed

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I tried over the weekend also and found it wasn't for me.  However, hope they do well and find enough players.  
  • Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167

Imo, everyone saying "it's terrible, combat is the worst, horrible game" etc... is being sooo... unreasonable. It's not meant to be a fully polished and "released" game, it's the complete opposite. The build you saw during the weekend event was essentially a prototype just so they have something people can get in and play for a bit.

If you were looking for polished gameplay, deep mechanics and amazing visuals I question why you even downloaded it in the first place knowing that it's not even in an alpha state. It just baffles me.

I know everyone has their own tastes and this type of game definitely wont be for everyone but to just flat out say "X" feature sucks at this point is just ridiculous and ultimately pointless since they are so far from having a finished game. These things will improve and change.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

Same here.  I also was not a fan of the control schemes. Uninstalled after less then 30 mins.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!