Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why WildStar Will Be Practically Dead Within 2-4 Years!

ImperatorBellusImperatorBellus Member UncommonPosts: 35

I was thinking of giving this game a chance but I realized it would simply be a waste of time. WoW just seems like the better game to play, the main reason is it has been out a lot longer and has so much more content and an upcoming expansion. Fantasy MMORPG's are evolving and moving beyond the traditional generic EQ/WoW type gameplay and WildStar is nothing but a complete WoW clone with slightly different gameplay, it is nothing revolutionary, it is just a different take on the same formula.

Wildstar, being a sci-fi mmo with Fantasy MMO like classes (Warrior etc), I don't think it is worth playing at all, better games with better graphics like Everquest next will be released within 1-2 years and the upcoming WoW expansion will add even more content and new features to an already established MMO.

Just watch, once EQ:Next, Project Titan,  Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade, Black Desert Online and The Repopulation are released, generic crap like WildStar and ESO will have a major decline in player numbers and Project Titan will be the final nail in the coffin for these rip off generic MMO's. All the MMO's I listed have innovative features and Project Titan will for sure.

I will enjoy watching WildStar and ESO die when these games are released, it is 2014, making these pieces of Junk generic MMO's with little changes to an already repetitive formula that over 1000 MMO's have followed is simply unacceptable, out with the old and in with the new.

ESO AND WILD STAR CAN BURN, by late 2017, these games will be practically dead and a 4 year life cycle for a MMO is pretty pathetic, considering a way less popular game like Star trek Online (a game I currently play) has been going since 2010 now with constant content updates and probably has a good 10 years left with it, why? The core player base is dedicated while the core player base in WS are mostly former wow players and it is the same with ESO (partially) once you all see these better MMO's released, the player decline with these 2 games will be massive. The type of people who are playing ESO and Wildstar are not die hard fans of the lore/universe (more so with Wildstar than ESO), these are the type of people who have all played WoW and other MMO's in the past, once they see something way better, they will neglect ESO and Wildstar, leading these games to their coffin.

Would love to see Wildstar and ESO die like Tabula Rasa but I should not get my hopes up. Still, I bet the servers will close for both these games within 6 years, the new MMO's indevelopment (ones I listed above) are simply gonna destroy these games and steal their player base and with a behemoth like blizzard releasing project Titan, probably in late 2017 or early 2017, then there is simply no hope for ESO and Wildstar!

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

As a alternative for the wall of text:

"I like Blizzard and WoW more then anything else."

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by ImperatorBellus

<snip>

Just watch, once EQ:Next, Project Titan,  Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade, Black Desert Online and The Repopulation are released, generic crap like WildStar and ESO will have a major decline in player numbers and Project Titan will be the final nail in the coffin for these rip off generic MMO's. All the MMO's I listed have innovative features and Project Titan will for sure.

<snip>

Yup, the games that have not released yet are always the best !

The ones that haven't even released their feature lists yet (project Titan) will be unbelievably awesome !

It is Known.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

You actually think Project Titan will be out the next 5 years? I kinda doubt it.

As for Wow having more content, that is of course true but Everquest got even more content, unless Blizzard make a newa serious revamp of Wow (and that means seriously modding the engine) it will become older and slowly continue to loose players. Age is the enemy of getting new players for a MMO and Wow is 10 years this year.

Wildstar is still to early to really determine and where it will be in a few years is impossible to tell yet but whatever happens Wow wont be on top forever. I would be very surprised if Wow 2 wont be announced in that time though at that have of course almost limitless possibilities though (even though I doubt we see that out before 2020).

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    I do not like Wildstar or its payment system but OP if your logic is why bother when x,y,z is coming in d time then I posit to you the following: why would you bother with x, y ,z when in d+2 time s,f,g will be coming? You are beginning to use a circular paradox logic system and it is not good for you and while I do not like Wildstar I do say to try every game out once before saying anything about it.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    probably wont die but considering that alot of people are complaining about the lower level content being too hard.. i think the PvE side of it may struggle quite a bit in maintaining active subs. 40 man raids will defenitely not work out.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

No matter how good an mmo is, it doesn't kill off other mmos. Wow is proof of this. Games like lotro, STO, AOC etc are all still around despite wow and it's 12 million subs rolling past.

The only way wildstar will be dead in 2-4 years is if the company mismanages it so badly that it drives all its customers away or if they pull another CoH and just shut it down. I don't really see that happening in that short of a time frame.

• KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

OP

I don't care what type of MMORPG's ESO/Wildstar, etc are. The more MMO's always better for us the gamers. Still, I have refused to spend $ on any new MMO since DCUO. I can only vote with my wallet in what direction the future this genre is headed. Even if I had millions in my bank account I would not support MMORPG that do not aim to be better than what's already available or in the past.

WOW is a mediocre game at best, yet I've been enjoying it for good years over the decade. I disagree with a lot of choices Blizzard has done with it, but yet most likely I'll buy the expansion only because for me nothing significant has come after it and it deserves the credit.

• SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    Originally posted by Kopogero

OP

I don't care what type of MMORPG's ESO/Wildstar, etc are. The more MMO's always better for us the gamers. Still, I have refused to spend $ on any new MMO since DCUO. I can only vote with my wallet in what direction the future this genre is headed. Even if I had millions in my bank account I would not support MMORPG that do not aim to be better than what's already available or in the past.

WOW is a mediocre game at best, yet I've been enjoying it for good years over the decade. I disagree with a lot of choices Blizzard has done with it, but yet most likely I'll buy the expansion only because for me nothing significant has come after it and it deserves the credit.

Agree

Despite i played a lot of WoW  during the last 10 years and had some special moments, the game is at most mediocre anymore.

I like WS and i m having great fun. On the other hand i don't like ESO because its not my cup of tea, but if i was to choose between WoW and ESO i would go with ESO easily.

I cant stand WoW anymore. I got sick of it. I want some more and new features in my mmo, but even if i was to have the same that WoW offers i would prefer to have them by another game.

*Btw who cares if WS or ESO will be dead after 2 or 4 years? I m playing WS and i m having a blast. Same for ppl who play ESO. So who cares?

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205

I don't understand people wishing for some games for its demise. How low are you? Jesus!. Honestly as much as I hate some of the games, I wouldn't wish for them to go 6 feet under, that's just messed up. Instead I wish for them to improve the game. Either the OP is insanely prejudice, or maybe never tried the game.

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

Please oh please op can you show me this awesome list of features that titan has, because clearly you must be in the know to  say that it will be the final nail in the coffin.

But why not just a bit further, titan will kill EVERY mmo out there, so ok guys,i would like to put on the post the official

"can i haz your stuff" to EVERY MMO OUT THERE just because the OP thinks that a game will kill other games.

Until you can provide me with any single FACT then i suggest you walk on by and keep your opinions to your facebook page 

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I think the doom and gloom angle the OP has gone for is a bit unwise, but the sentiment is probably true - Wildstar and ESO both do not have enough "new" about them to last too long. Nobody can see into the future, and nobody can say which MMORPGs will be successful, but these two latest offerings are both generic and bland. Two to four years? Not sure, but they're not going to set the world on fire - unless the console market catches on, but I think FFXIV probably has that covered at this point. 
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Someone  has his shorts in a bunch because Wildstar and ESO both have subscriptions and he cannot or will not ever pay for anything.  I am guessing the OP is between 15 and 25.
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    if the OP is this confident in his predictions, here's a place called vegas where someone who can predict the outcomes of things in advance can make themselves a ton of money.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Assumptions assumptions assumptions

The success of this game full depends on the quallity and quantity of the monthly expansions

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

I was thinking of giving this game a chance but I realized it would simply be a waste of time. WoW just seems like the better game to play, the main reason is it has been out a lot longer and has so much more content and an upcoming expansion. Fantasy MMORPG's are evolving and moving beyond the traditional generic EQ/WoW type gameplay and WildStar is nothing but a complete WoW clone with slightly different gameplay, it is nothing revolutionary, it is just a different take on the same formula.

Wildstar, being a sci-fi mmo with Fantasy MMO like classes (Warrior etc), I don't think it is worth playing at all, better games with better graphics like Everquest next will be released within 1-2 years and the upcoming WoW expansion will add even more content and new features to an already established MMO.

I will enjoy watching WildStar and ESO die when these games are released, it is 2014, making these pieces of Junk generic MMO's with little changes to an already repetitive formula that over 1000 MMO's have followed is simply unacceptable, out with the old and in with the new.

ESO AND WILD STAR CAN BURN, by late 2017, these games will be practically dead and a 4 year life cycle for a MMO is pretty pathetic, considering a way less popular game like Star trek Online (a game I currently play) has been going since 2010 now with constant content updates and probably has a good 10 years left with it, why? The core player base is dedicated while the core player base in WS are mostly former wow players and it is the same with ESO (partially) once you all see these better MMO's released, the player decline with these 2 games will be massive. The type of people who are playing ESO and Wildstar are not die hard fans of the lore/universe (more so with Wildstar than ESO), these are the type of people who have all played WoW and other MMO's in the past, once they see something way better, they will neglect ESO and Wildstar, leading these games to their coffin.

Would love to see Wildstar and ESO die like Tabula Rasa but I should not get my hopes up. Still, I bet the servers will close for both these games within 6 years, the new MMO's indevelopment (ones I listed above) are simply gonna destroy these games and steal their player base and with a behemoth like blizzard releasing project Titan, probably in late 2017 or early 2017, then there is simply no hope for ESO and Wildstar!

Your clearly trollish, hyperbolic thread was already reported enough times when I tried to report it that I know it'll be seen to by a mod and locked.  However, I still wanted to reply before that happened by highlighting the illogical parts (oh, and your entire post can be summed up in the orange highlighted area).

You start a thread by stating that you didn't even give the game a chance, didn't even play or try it.  Then you continue the post by exaggerated claims of it being generic, a "WoW clone", and -your worse crime- lumping it into comparison with the feature incomplete TESO.  And then your thread continues for like 5 additional paragraphs where you fanboyishly fawn over potential future games (which we have no idea how those will play out at all) while wishing over and over again that Wildstar will die and burn.     You. Are. Wrong.

• rnor6084rnor6084 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Good god. Im no fan of Wildstar but this is just utter nonsense. You are just angry that people have the gall to like a game you do not. Grow up.
  • mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Though you didn't mind wasting your time writing quite a large post for a game you don't care for.

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Saying a game will be practically dead in 2-4 years is like a weatherman saying theres a 50/50 chance of rain. its to far off and to much wiggle room for you to have extra time to make your prediction. Ex: Warcraft will be dead as a mmo in  the next 50-100 years.
  • CopypasterinoCopypasterino Member Posts: 66

Funny,

WS was supposed to die in 6 month now we are talking about 2-4 years....

i wonder why....

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

The OP is a nutjob.  If you take a look through some of his 23 posts, he berates ESO and says he's glad he never subbed or used his own money, then on another thread, he's moaning about how much he paid for the game.

He is bigging up World of Warcraft on some threads and calling it World of Warcrap on others. 

Bit of a Schitzo-troll.

I feel sorry for him.

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

I love a good wildstar hate thread hahahah

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933

@OP: Meanwhile entire guilds are moving en masse from WoW to WildStar. Not necessarily because the later is so much better than the former but mainly because Blizzard has left the game without new content for a quite prolonged period of time, in September said period will be one (!) year. They have done this in the past but this time i do not think that they will get away with it without some serious damage. 

Some may believe that once the new expansion goes live players will abandon Nexus and rush to Draenor. Think again because WildStar launched with the complete package. Dungeons, adventures, raids, battlegrounds, arenas and their highly advertised Post-Cap Playspace which has tons of features both for solo and group play. Plus the game is very polished right from start. All this translates to staying power. 

When WoD comes many of the aforementioned guilds will already be deep into the 20 or 40 man raiding process. If the raid environment is as polished as the rest of the game i really don't think that they will just pack bags and go back to mama Blizzard. 

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    In the new MMO Industry where game success is measured in months not years, I would considered 2 years to be a very successful game.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

stopped reading after the marked text.

if you write an essay you want people to read, at least check the game you wanna comment about.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

This discussion has been closed.