Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Marvel Heroes: The Amazing Road Since Launch

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Marvel Heroes has traveled an amazing road since launching in June of 2013. As Gazillion Entertainment prepares big anniversary happenings and to propel the game into its second year, we wanted to hear from Dave Brevik himself about the fantastic journey he and his team have been on. See what he had to say in our exclusive interview.

Read more of Bill Murphy's Marvel Heroes: The Amazing Road Since Launch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OverkillOverkill Member UncommonPosts: 29
    This game keeps getting better and better
  • LoganthirLoganthir Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Coulson with the Destroyer Prototype Gun and the Hydra Weapon. Do it.
  • thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Anything Coulson is a day-one purchase for me, so get cracking Gaz.  If only I could have seen a year into the future, I would have broken my personal rules and shelled out for their monster of a hero pack.  The game is great.
  • Kafka0622Kafka0622 Member Posts: 2
    This game killed standard MMORPGs for me.  I have so much fun with this game that I simply do not have time for WildStar or Elder Scrolls or whatever the heck is the current hot game.  I have not had this much fun with a game for a very long time.
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839
    Originally posted by Overkill
    This game keeps getting better and better

I agree!

• Casillas0222Casillas0222 Member Posts: 1
    Should have bought the ultimate founder pack last year! That became one of my deepest regret in last year.
  • masterfatemasterfate Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Got back into this game and man did they set the bar high for arpgs.
  • chanmmochanmmo Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Kafka0622
    This game killed standard MMORPGs for me.  I have so much fun with this game that I simply do not have time for WildStar or Elder Scrolls or whatever the heck is the current hot game.  I have not had this much fun with a game for a very long time.

Yea I'm enjoying MH been playing pretty solidly since 2.0 and I really really can't find the time to also level up with my raiding guild in Wildstar too /1stworldproblems :P

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Last time I played, I made a storm, got to 30, and did nothing but dailies afterwards. It was boring as all hell. What was even more boring was my storm being the exact same as every other one button storm.

However that was the last time I played, which was launch. At the time it was the bottom of bottom tier in terms of ARPG. Uninspired classes and builds, and equally boring content. Though I hear things are better, and I might have to give it a try after a few weeks when I get home.

Hopefully the hype isn't coming from temporary content. Temporary content is the worst.

• OsedaxOsedax Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Game has had my attention since Beta; it has only gotten better, way better. Now if Richard Ryder would just hurry up and stop his nonsense I would be much more happier with this game.
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Way too many "this game is awesome" posters in this thread with less than 25 total posts.  Smells like some bullshit to me
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

The recent promos for heroes is nice.   

I tried the game, briefly.  I entered one of the public areas and found myself grouped with a bunch of people. I started chatting/saying hello and they were halfway through the dungeon already.  You enter one of these public areas and rush through it killing everything in your way and try to be faster than the guy next to you.   Maybe this is not my type of game.  Seems a bit pointless to me. 

• eveque67eveque67 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    I like playing this game.  It has come along way since the beginning and I haven't regretted any money that Ive spent on it.
  • thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408

Originally posted by Draemos
    Way too many "this game is awesome" posters in this thread with less than 25 total posts.  Smells like some bullshit to me

Well, I've posted a few more than 25 and I think the game is definitely worth a download.  It's not for everybody but if you enjoy ARPGs and/or the Marvel Universe, there's a lot in MH to like.

Originally posted by flizzer

I tried the game, briefly.  I entered one of the public areas and found myself grouped with a bunch of people. I started chatting/saying hello and they were halfway through the dungeon already.  You enter one of these public areas and rush through it killing everything in your way and try to be faster than the guy next to you.   Maybe this is not my type of game.  Seems a bit pointless to me. 

You can turn off the option to auto-group when entering those instanced story dungeons.  That will probably make for a much better starting experience and later you can find some friends to party with to tackle the more difficult content like the One-shot, Cosmic Terminals, X-Defense, etc.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

I tried it at launch, and didn't like it.

Tried playing it again about a month ago, now I play it regularly.  Very good game, and has improved a ton since launch.  It's a lot of fun.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• OzimandeusOzimandeus Member UncommonPosts: 84
    I think a re-review is required... so many changes and not just rebalancing. 
  • MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Is it still point and click?
  • blackcat35blackcat35 Member Posts: 479

game is fun and growing.  They keep adding more heroes and rebalancing old ones.  You have an incentive to play which Diabllo 3 lacks.  IE, Opening up new heroes.  There are currently 33 heroes in the game.  To buy a hero costs either 200, 400, or 600 splinters.  They are currently working on adding Silver Surfer, so that number will continue to increase.  He is slated to be 400 splinters cost.  you also have a choice to go random box, which is a random hero for 175 splinters.

With regard to joining others who rush through the content and bosses too quickly, there is an option in the gameplay to turn off joining others in instances.  The reason you would want to do this is because they might rush through to the end boss quicker than you want, killing it before your ready and requiring you to reset the instance so you get credit for killing the end boss.  This was an issue for me and turning off joining others helped.  

This game is free to play, but of course you have the option to spend money to buy particular heroes and other stuff if you want.  if you haven't tried it yet or played it a year ago, I suggest you try it. 

==========================
    The game is dead not, this game is good we make it and Romania Tv give it 5 goat heads, this is good rating for game.

• jaifjaif Member UncommonPosts: 12

If someone races to the end you can right click their icon and teleport to them.

Love the game personally.  I don't regret any dime I've put into it.  The devs communicate a lot with the community, and very obviously love their comics.  

-Jeff

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Great game!

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    MMORPG.com should make a re-review. The 5.6 score is not accurate anymore.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by thecapitaine

Well, I've posted a few more than 25 and I think the game is definitely worth a download.  It's not for everybody but if you enjoy ARPGs and/or the Marvel Universe, there's a lot in MH to like.

Originally posted by flizzer

You can turn off the option to auto-group when entering those instanced story dungeons.  That will probably make for a much better starting experience and later you can find some friends to party with to tackle the more difficult content like the One-shot, Cosmic Terminals, X-Defense, etc.

You were right.  I went back and played it this weekend and I was very impressed.  When I played it a year ago it was a steaming pile.

• esenesen Member Posts: 2

for players

content > rework  (including models/costume/hair/sounds etc.) > new hero.

for gaz

new hero > rework (only for skills.. models are sucks! female heroes are ugly and plane hairs..) > content

they are doing wrong!

also i agree, game is great so much potential.

ps: sorry for bad eng.

• Emm_Emm_OhhEmm_Emm_Ohh Member UncommonPosts: 80

I just started playing last night and I am hooked. If only I started a few days ago to get some of those free goodies from the codes.  Doh =)

ArcheAge, ESO, Rift & other MMORPG Gameplays https://www.youtube.com/user/MMONerdStomper

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Agent Colson as a team-up would work nice I think. or a pet.

All die, so die well.