Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shards Online Public Test!

prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169

Everyone should check it out starting tomorrow!

I haven't been this excited about a game in a long, LONG time!

Comments

• GungaDinGungaDin Member UncommonPosts: 514

http://citadelstudios.net/?page_id=103

Check out the Blog for more info.

• prowessprowess Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Hype this game!
  • prowesssprowesss Member Posts: 69
    5 hours??

I chose the Xfinity speed test because it does not reveal my ISP.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Interesting, hadn't heard of this game before today. Looks like it may be worth checking out. Thanks for the heads up.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 577
    For a game in such an early state, this is a lot of fun. Thee isn't much to do yet, but the game is like UO with a more modern look and feel. Its old old school, and I love it. If they can actually pull off what they are planning to do with the freedom of hosting your servers with your own rules and content, this game will be my home for a long time to come.
  • KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215

The game looks very promising, to say the least. Ran well with Wine 1.7.19 on Linux as well.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Top Down view would of been a deal breaker for me 2 years ago but I've been on an ARPG tear since I quit WoW, playing everything from Path of Exile to Diablo 3.  Still though, I prefer 3rd person view for my MMO but if they can guarantee a true PvE world with ZERO PvP then I might check it out.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Top Down view would of been a deal breaker for me 2 years ago but I've been on an ARPG tear since I quit WoW, playing everything from Path of Exile to Diablo 3.  Still though, I prefer 3rd person view for my MMO but if they can guarantee a true PvE world with ZERO PvP then I might check it out.

It will definitely be possible to have a fully PvE world. If there isn't an official ruleset created by them that supports it then there will be one created by the community whenever they release the tools allowing players to edit the game however they wish.

For anyone interested though, you really should join in on their livestreams, especially when they're doing the PvP as it's a lot of fun. Even if you don't like PvP give it a shot, it's really no different than PvE. You're just fighting more intelligent enemies (most of the time). They have sort of an arena/survival type of thing going on that reminds me of the Hunger Games. The first few minutes you go around leveling up your skills, trying to find as many weapons as possible, after that PvP is enabled and you start hunting people down. If one person isn't left after a certain amount of time everyone gets teleported into a central area to fight it out.

Just remember that the game isn't even in an alpha state, typically developers would never release a game to the public this early because it is so rough around the edges but they decided to do it anyway.

• MMOreaverMMOreaver Member UncommonPosts: 75

when is next chance to test the game abit?

edit:  Divinity:Original Sin is out now and beats the planned modding for this game with their campaign editor ;-)

• Melaedha_CSMelaedha_CS Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by MMOreaver

when is next chance to test the game abit?

Now that we're post-Kickstarter, we're outlining the development roadmap (and future playtesting) internally and will discuss it with the community June 28th. You're welcome to join us! Or watch for news :)

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    This has just got to get to a stage where the devs can show-case making multiple types of server and hence types of game to broaden market appeal and it could do well I'd guess.
  • ForumKingForumKing Member UncommonPosts: 13
    It's been years since I've visited this site, but decided to see if anything has happened to UO yet.  Seen the forum talking about this game so I  swung by to Check it out.   Don't play much computer games these days,  but I plan on keeping an eye on this.