Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar and green man gaming

tranceauftranceauf Member UncommonPosts: 29

UPDATE: https://forums.playfire.com/gmg/thread/121204?page=last#post-4003907

Apparently this is a widespread problem with all Wildstar purchases from GMG from today.

*Anyone else getting an invalid key from green man gaming for wildstar?

It will not take the key and its saying its invalid. At this point I should have just bought it from the actual wild star site and forgot about the 20% discount.  :( 

Comments

• viletot0viletot0 Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Hmmm, pre ordered Mine from GMG.  it applied no problem, I got my code about 5 minutes after my order was placed
  • tranceauftranceauf Member UncommonPosts: 29

Yea i just get when I try to submit my code.

That serial code cannot be applied to your account. [75913]

I am guessing its the part where it says 'key'  in GMG games menu? I really wanted to play today. I hope I get it resolved before the weekend!

• Deerhunter71Deerhunter71 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by viletot0
    Hmmm, pre ordered Mine from GMG.  it applied no problem, I got my code about 5 minutes after my order was placed

Same here.

• holyneoholyneo Member UncommonPosts: 154
    My wife and I bought ours there, had no problems.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by holyneo

Same here but we did that a few months ago. My guess its a problem thats new and my guess it will be fixed soon =) GMG is a good company thats not into pulling fast ones.

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Originally posted by holyneo

Same here (did it yesterday and all was fine).

From my understanding, the game is region locked though (guest pass for EU did not work in NA).

@OP, could it be the issue? Are you from EU or NA ? I don't remember having to select the region I was in when buying, so maybe they issue NA codes only?

I am in the NA region and the purchase says NA.  It seems like a pretty wide spread problem right now for many who bought Wildstar from GMG yesterday.  I received a response to my ticket and they asked me if I had an account and if I was logged in. Then they closed the ticket and said contact Wildstar about it.

I have had a wildstar ticket in since I first had the problem but no response yet.  GMG did respond on facebook saying there is an issue at least.  

I am considering just doing a chargeback and being done with it.  This what I get for being a cheap ass lol.

• koya111koya111 Member Posts: 23
    Ok so it happened to me 3 days ago , you need to make a new wildstar account because the serial wont work on an old account, they say that if you look in their support page, any way it worked for me right after i made the account put the serial and BOOM got into the game a min after no problem what so ever! try it and if it doesn't work send a ticket to Carbine the answer really fast...

I tested that with two different emails.  It still throws the same error.  I even did one off of my phone to see if a different network/IP would make a difference.  It did not :(

*Something to note is that the "key" provided by GMG does not validate when submitting a support form to Carbine. This is why I think its not a region lock issue. I am guessing Carbine just has not validated the keys they sent to GMG.  I had to omit the key in order to submit my ticket for Carbine.

Originally posted by tranceauf

I am in the NA region and the purchase says NA.  It seems like a pretty wide spread problem right now for many who bought Wildstar from GMG yesterday.  I received a response to my ticket and they asked me if I had an account and if I was logged in. Then they closed the ticket and said contact Wildstar about it.

I have had a wildstar ticket in since I first had the problem but no response yet.  GMG did respond on facebook saying there is an issue at least.  

I am considering just doing a chargeback and being done with it.  This what I get for being a cheap ass lol.

If they closed my ticket without fixing the problem I would call or open a ticket asking for a refund in a heart beat. Never had a problem with the company myself but thats bad form.

Yea they said make sure you have a Wildstar account and are logged in when trying to apply your code.  Then they resolved the ticket.  They seem to be finally getting on it though.  On the forums they said it should be resolved sometime soon.

I don't think I will be doing business with them again.  I realize its probably a bunch of issues and not totally their fault but for a first time experience I think I will pass on GMG in the future.

All fixed.  It appears to have been NCSOFT that had the problem the whole time. It sucked but I am glad to be playing finally!
    Originally posted by tranceauf
    All fixed.  It appears to have been NCSOFT that had the problem the whole time. It sucked but I am glad to be playing finally!

Way to go cupcake!!! 

• happydan20happydan20 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    Can confirm this is still an issue, if you try going to the ncsoft website and logging in generally the key will be invalid.  You have to select the wildstar game first from the main page and then log in for the key to activate.