Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Editorial] WildStar: Review In Progress - Part One

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Is it a G602 ?

Chamber of Chains
  • TraceOfDustMitesTraceOfDustMites Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage

i cant understand why people get up set when we say its just like wow and possibly even easyer and dull ..but these same ppl love this game for the same reasons "like wow"

so all you people really wanted is another wow? this is what everyone has been waiting for? another recycled wow type theampark carbon copy of wow?

i see soo many people that play wow and say "i want xyz and im tyred of the same old" but this is the same thing and it now seems to be better than sliced bread lol maybe its me and im getting to old for the genra i see nothing new nor fun about this title and ill stop there..dont wanna get banned

Have you played? 

• BurntCabbageBurntCabbage Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Originally posted by TraceOfDustMites
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage

i cant understand why people get up set when we say its just like wow and possibly even easyer and dull ..but these same ppl love this game for the same reasons "like wow"

so all you people really wanted is another wow? this is what everyone has been waiting for? another recycled wow type theampark carbon copy of wow?

i see soo many people that play wow and say "i want xyz and im tyred of the same old" but this is the same thing and it now seems to be better than sliced bread lol maybe its me and im getting to old for the genra i see nothing new nor fun about this title and ill stop there..dont wanna get banned

Have you played? 

i was in beta..i have and imo its a hand-holding joke of a game

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Best MMO I've ever played, because it's taken the best bits from them all and found a perfect fit.  I'll call it an Aston Martin.

To those moaning that it is nothing new, well, an Aston Martin is still a car with wheels and an engine - but it's how it's put together and how it performs that counts.  I want an Aston Martin - I want Wildstar (and I have it).

WoW who?

• EnigmahtikEnigmahtik Member Posts: 5

Thanks, Bill. Appreciate the review. For those that have played the game, how demanding is it? I used to play Skyrim, for example with mods/enb's, etc. So would I be able to run it?

Quick Edit: I wonder if a person could build that hamster ball mount... :P

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Foomerang You do realize this game has an awesome crafting and housing system right? WoW has never had housing and its crafting is "WoW" crafting (which is dull and uninspired.
    Are you playing? I have to agree, the crafting is really good so far. I love that it's not did you build the gear right or wrong, but does it fit the stat and AMP build you want to create.

I'm on Evindra (NA RP): Torkwrench. I'm the parent of three bots. One is a brute, the other is a loose cannon, and the third is a floating fact gatherer.

I got a 7 day pass from one of my friends. I really liked the game in open beta, but I could not get past the stylized aspect. But the systems are so well done, I'm gonna try to get over it haha.

I'm making a new guy to play with my friends on Thunderfoot (Dominion)

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    The graphics kept me from playing it, glad to see it wasn't another failure though (so far).
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Better than I thought it would be. A good surprise in a slowing genre!!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by ButeoRegalis
    Originally posted by Delusive
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

I played Wildstar on a beta weekend. I couldn't handle the action combat system. All the movement required on WASD made it hard for me to 123. Maybe a keybind change or controller would make it a better experience for me. Can anybody who enjoys the game and found a way around this minor annoyance share their experience with me.

Personally, I use a Naga, and can't play MMOs without one now.  

I bought one when SWTOR came out. It felt awkward and I returned it . Maybe it is time to give it another try. I don't know really.

I had the same issue with a Naga. Too many tiny buttons in too little space for me. I switched to a Logitech (M90?) that has 6 different sized buttons on the side. Not as good as having 32,431 needle point sized buttons on my mouse, but a step up from 3 button mouse and still comfortable.

Thing is with the Naga is like their Keyboards, every button is program able. Every button can be macroed. It makes it so you have to do a lot less button pressing. I found the button small at first but over a few weeks it became really easy to use.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    combat actually very easy. playing gunslinger. i dislike game look tho, its looks way too much childish but i just test tis out... nothing to do anyway...
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Foomerang I got a 7 day pass from one of my friends. I really liked the game in open beta, but I could not get past the stylized aspect. But the systems are so well done, I'm gonna try to get over it haha. I'm making a new guy to play with my friends on Thunderfoot (Dominion)
    Glad to hear it. I don't mind the art style at all, but the actual graphics, mostly the "grass" and flora look weird to me like older console type of graphics. The over the top humor can be a bit much too, but other than that it's fun. The combat feels tighter now and that was my other complaint.

Let me know what you play and what professions you choose.

Will do!
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Even after all this time,i still have no interest in this game. It looks like wow and play like it in ways from what i've heard. After ESO i will wait and see how things go with this game. But one thing i do know is this is a game based on raiding and i'm really tired of that.
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

Originally posted by cheyane Is it a G602 ? image
    This is my current one: image

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I"m just glad to see a positive consensus about a game around here for a change, even if it's not a game I'd enjoy.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136
    I also use the M95.  Having buttons where your thumb needs to grip your mouse seems like poor design to me.  I guess if you palm grip it may not be as much of an issue.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Why didn't you mention that although there are lots of different things to do, they are all on rails.  Each aspect is it's own miniature linear adventure.

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346

Played it in Beta for about a week.  It was okay.  It felt like any number of MMO's I had played before.  ESO is still the better game overall, regardless of what the scores say.  After all, the scores say that GW2 was almost a perfect game.  And... it wasn't.  The reason is because ESO actually did some innovation in the gameplay.  Wildstar didn't.

• WyrdsoulWyrdsoul Member UncommonPosts: 26

Well it's been a long time between drinks.

This one looks like it could be a keeper :)

Hats off to Wildstar !  It's brought the " FUN " back into my gaming life.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I tried the beta and I have to say the game felt really really polished, so if it has all the content people are saying it does, it's a one rare exception in mmo launches and +1 for that!

I was very close to buying it my self, but I think if I have to try and convince my self to buy something it's not worth a box + sub, so WS is a pass for now at least.

I just had this feeling like something is missing, like with Rift, completely no idea of the lore and CBA to read that little quest text on kill 10 rats quests so I quickly got the "been there done that" feeling, in an unknown world, with very little motivation to do anything from immersion point of view. The action though is very smooth and has a nice unique touch to it.

I think this game has done everything right in a way that it tries to. If you (me) think something is not good then it propably was not planned as such and it's just not a game for you.

Ps. Have they worked on the map since open beta? I had no idea how the world looks/feels like based on the beta "world map" which was just a set of separate "levels" and had no connected world feeling.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Remember mmo fans...if they don't trash a game you don't like it's because they've been bought

Yeh, maybe Carbine will give them the same paycheck that Zenimax gives for making the weekly, "This Week in Elder Scrolls Online" bit.  Think we will see a, "This Week in Wildstar"?  I guess it depends on how deep Carbine's wallet is.

/end sarcasm

If we get a paycheck for TWIESO someone owes me some damn money.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

I played Wildstar on a beta weekend. I couldn't handle the action combat system. All the movement required on WASD made it hard for me to 123. Maybe a keybind change or controller would make it a better experience for me. Can anybody who enjoys the game and found a way around this minor annoyance share their experience with me.

Personally, I use a Naga, and can't play MMOs without one now.  

Hey bill if your naga takes a crap like 3 of mine (double click issue) I would pick of the G600. Its a much better built mouse. I haven't had a single issue. 

I stopped using my Naga and switched to a G600 too.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Grakulen
    Originally posted by rodingo
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Remember mmo fans...if they don't trash a game you don't like it's because they've been bought

Yeh, maybe Carbine will give them the same paycheck that Zenimax gives for making the weekly, "This Week in Elder Scrolls Online" bit.  Think we will see a, "This Week in Wildstar"?  I guess it depends on how deep Carbine's wallet is.

/end sarcasm

If we get a paycheck for TWIESO someone owes me some damn money.

Haha, I know right?  Yeh my post was in reference to another poster who thinks you guys do paid news coverage.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• Ragnar1337Ragnar1337 Member CommonPosts: 70
    I played the Wildstar beta and it felt like a very complete and polished game. That is great since most other MMO's lately have been half ass pieces of trash (ESO) Unfortunately Wildstar offers nothing new, different or interesting. The leveling is horribly boring and the hand holding is just off the chart. Why even have the 1-50 leveling if you are practically going to do it for people? If this came out 10 years ago maybe, but now this is just tired and boring boiler plate theme park rehash. 
  • MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Ragnar your opinion on leveling and why you aren't playing tells me you haven't quested above lvl 15-22ish. In Auroria the difficulty of solo questing is formidable and in whitevale, esp on a pvp server, it almost feels like you should just bring some friends. I think you should give it another shot if you're open minded enough to get in the difficult parts, most notably, the dungeons. 

• KexinKexin Member UncommonPosts: 69

I'm level 8 so far and it's a major pain to log back in. The questing is so souless that I actually miss the phasing and quality voice work in ESO. I didn't think it could be done, a game that reminded of what ESO got right.

My other issue with the game is the combat. I don't feel like I'm actually fighting the mobs, instead of my weapons physically connecting or appear to connect, I spend all my time painting them with triangles and squares.