Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally, after 9 long years...

1235»

Comments

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Standard themepark MMO with a sub, long attunement requirements just to raid, stupidly large raid sizes and isn't graphically superior to most MMO's....enjoy the shiny and new, it will wear off like all the others and we will see in 3 months who's really left. 
  • alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Damn now i really wish they had bothered to make it look a bit better so people over 15 can play it....
  • ManasongManasong Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by SammuelSK
    Originally posted by cheyane
    I am 54 years old gonna be toe up in a grave or worse still unable to play games any more so when I find a game I like I buy I play. I am not worried about any messages. They are making money what me worry about the future I ain't gonna be living in.

I'd personally rather have interesting games to play then just have the same game thrown at me again and again. At 34 I've got plenty of years ahead of me, and I'd rather the next decade not be like the last.

Unfortunately unique and interesting games get zero attention, no matter how often and loud most players scream 'We want something new', sales seem to indicate that they just want the same old shit painted a different colour.

I think the only real way to make a huge change like you want, and/or we all want, is through 3D gaming using something like the Occulus Rift. Pretty much everything has been tried and failed imho. The genre has been squeezed more than a Kardashian, and I don't see what else can really be done! /shrug

Done everything? Certainly, but only some half-assed attempts followed by terrible desing choices, bugs and lack of meaningful content.

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Glad you found something you enjoy playing...  The game is not for me but I do enjoy reading the views of fans.

Too much negativity in forums these days....

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

there have been only 3 mmos where i stayed longer than 3 months -  EQ, EQ2, GW1

(i'm not including return visits)

WOW at launch back in 2004  - i was bored after 6 weeks

no idea if Wildstar will entertain me longer than 1 month

but it's fun for now image

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Glad you have found a new home.

Personally didn't like it. Admittedly I only gave it a few hours but I just didn't enjoy those few hours at all. Too cartoony, too frenetic, too generic but that is just me.

There are all sorts of games out there and I am sure the games I like wouldn't interest you either so being able to have different types of games for each of us is great.

Have fun.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    well i didnt like it either in betas so i dont play it. But at least it has a normal release so far, with no gamebreak bugs etc. Also its good on this is going to deliver, just its out of my taste for various reasons (graphics/themepark/heavy PvE focus/oldschool quests etc..). Anyway i wish good luck to developers and have fun to the players : )

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Adelbert

... and countless MMORPGs, I've found my WoW's successor. I have fallen in love with the combat, the graphics, the gameplay, the content, the humor... I just cannot look back after playing Wildstar.

Finally, a new home. :)

New home with tight sealed doors and your keys being able to open door only randomly few times per day. :-)

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604
    So far this has been really fun.  I never had a mind control type class that I liked until the esper.  Pvp is addicting as well.  Looks like I am going to have to roll an alt to see the story.  I'm almost level 17 now and haven't done a quest since level 7.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

Finally.. after 9 long years... they released the cloniest of WoW-clones, out-cloning all the other WoW-clones.

Finally.

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet

Finally.. after 9 long years... they released the cloniest of WoW-clones, out-cloning all the other WoW-clones.

Finally.

So a game that has millions of subs has been re-booted and made much better.  That will please a lot of people then.

If it works, why try and be different and then fail, like every other MMO that has had a sub.

WoW was fun but it's had it's day.  This game is superb and gives me no reason to even think about WoW again.

• KingAlkaiserKingAlkaiser Member UncommonPosts: 57

Finally.

first of all LoL to this comment it made me laugh a bit, and beat me to it.  the op's quote its open for a ton of funny meme generated from it.

that aside happy you found game you liked but honestly your commend at OP made no sense you finally found a game that essentially is "updated" version of WoW and giving a ton of praise like that makes it silly.

P.S-

finally after 9 long years of a lot of crappy WoW clones being released...........they released another WoW clone that will make me feel like im playing WoW all over again.....

sorry couldn't help it lol.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Originally posted by mark2123

WoW was fun but it's had it's day.  This game is superb and gives me no reason to even think about WoW again.

Nothing like that feel of a new mmo amarite ? New world to explore, adventure awaits !

..too bad it never lasts..

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515
    Absolutely loving this game.  I know exactly how you feel OP.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by KingAlkaiser

Finally.

first of all LoL to this comment it made me laugh a bit, and beat me to it.  the op's quote its open for a ton of funny meme generated from it.

that aside happy you found game you liked but honestly your commend at OP made no sense you finally found a game that essentially is "updated" version of WoW and giving a ton of praise like that makes it silly.

P.S-

finally after 9 long years of a lot of crappy WoW clones being released...........they released another WoW clone that will make me feel like im playing WoW all over again.....

sorry couldn't help it lol.

That's because you are still way too much into that WoW game, there are others out ther,e but if you keep on buying the same type of game, yes, then you will never get over that Wow game.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"