It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I thought id jump over here to check with some MMO 'experts' in response to a discussion currently underway on a Wow forum... thats a discussion about what features in MMO gaming did Wow introduce into MMO gaming?
Im sure that the vast knowledge on these forums can shed some light on what MMOs were first to use any of the features below
1. LFG - Looking For Group, tech to find groups.
2. Flex Raiding - a raid which can be made up with variable numbers of players.
4. Rated Battlegrounds - not sure how this can be claimed by Wow as a first lol
5. Challenge Modes - to do dungeons in a timer
6. Phasing - multi layered areas in the MMO world
7. Auction House
8. Crossrealm tech - basically all realms now play out in the world together.
10. Talent tree
11. Seamless mapping - all the zones in 1 large map without loading screens.
Ok lots of these r obviously not created by Wow first but if anyone can tell us what games they remember did them first would be awesome