Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Skill Mirrors are a badly needed thing in ESO

centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

Skill Mirrors are something I would actually buy out of the cash shop if they put them in.

If I want to solo as a resto nightblade, I *REALLY* want to have Swallow Soul.  If I want to be in any group I am *REQUIRED* to have Funnel Health.  As this is a morph of the same skill, there is no way for me to have both at the same time.

It gets old fast to spend 20,000+ gold every time you want to shift from grouping to solo or vice-versa.

Having TWO specializations at high level is something that would be massively helpful in the game.

It could either be cash shop, or something like a 100,000-200,000 gold item for a single player (or both like the imperial horses are, say $20 in the cash shop for all your characters, or 150,000 gold in game for a single character).

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    I see your point about having some more skill templates in way you mentioned, but not sure switching the morph on that one skill is going to make a huge difference to your healing. All the non-Templars are in the same boat for healing, 90%+ of what you do is Healing Staff.
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Originally posted by Scot
    I see your point about having some more skill templates in way you mentioned, but not sure switching the morph on that one skill is going to make a huge difference to your healing. All the non-Templars are in the same boat for healing, 90%+ of what you do is Healing Staff.

Oh it really does, but there are other skills as well I might want to morph differently.  The skill in question affects 2 other targets if morphed one way (group) and improves your self-healing overall by 10% if morphed the other way.  It is very noticeable (to the point where some battles go from can't win morphed one way to can win the other way).

-----

BUT as I advance through the veteran levels I see it as even more important to have this mirror.

I have to change my skills when I group and change them back when I am solo.  My bars change in several ways, and when I hit a dolmen or something I really do not have time to update the bar. 

A Skill Mirror would not only change the skills you invested in and which way you morphed, but would also have the 10 skills set differently on the bar to accompany that.  Hence if I were grouped I would get the morphs I want and the skills I want on the bar conveniently as opposed to having to change them all.

When I was pre-vet I really was not thinking of this because I had the luxury of having most of the group functions on one bar and the solo functions on the other, but as it stands I use all 10 abilities for solo and several skills are changed and even of the ones that aren't others move from one bar to the other when I want to group. 

As rapidly as you can go from solo to grouping situations, having a skill mirror would make this far less tedious in this regard as well.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

mmo class builds always have problems where a single cookie cutter build is required for grouping. That is what needs to be fixed, not selling second specs or anything. Just fix the classes to make every build viable in some way. I dont know what do you mean by mirror skills but if it means that each skill morph will do the same then theres no point in having morph options. Just make each build viable for group or solo.

Or add something like WoW specs where a class can have 2 specs at any given time. This would make more sense in ESO since you can just weapon swap and have a totally different build. But that does not need to added in a cash shop. Thats a content update that would be expected as part of any subscription.

Originally posted by rojo6934

mmo class builds always have problems where a single cookie cutter build is required for grouping. That is what needs to be fixed, not selling second specs or anything. Just fix the classes to make every build viable in some way. I dont know what do you mean by mirror skills but if it means that each skill morph will do the same then theres no point in having morph options. Just make each build viable for group or solo.

Or add something like WoW specs where a class can have 2 specs at any given time. This would make more sense in ESO since you can just weapon swap and have a totally different build. But that does not need to added in a cash shop. Thats a content update that would be expected as part of any subscription.

The two specs at any given time is what a skill mirror is.  And yes it makes an awful lot of sense in ESO.  As for it not being a cash shop item, they do want to make money.  I mean giving it to everyone free at V1 would be fine, but this is a feature I would pay for.  Since others would likely pay for it also, there is no reason for them to give it free.  I mean even mounts they made really really expensive making it more an imperial thing than an everyone thing.  Of course it takes like 40 days for your new 42,000 gold mount to catch up to your old imperial mount if you do then decide to upgrade to the highest mount tier.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    They already charge a monthly fee, how much money are you willing to give them? I would think there would be a lot more people who quit the game than would welcome a change like that unless of course it goes B2P but thats cutting it mighty close to P2W which would destroy the game.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by centkin

Skill Mirrors are something I would actually buy out of the cash shop if they put them in.

If I want to solo as a resto nightblade, I *REALLY* want to have Swallow Soul.  If I want to be in any group I am *REQUIRED* to have Funnel Health.  As this is a morph of the same skill, there is no way for me to have both at the same time.

It gets old fast to spend 20,000+ gold every time you want to shift from grouping to solo or vice-versa.

Having TWO specializations at high level is something that would be massively helpful in the game.

It could either be cash shop, or something like a 100,000-200,000 gold item for a single player (or both like the imperial horses are, say $20 in the cash shop for all your characters, or 150,000 gold in game for a single character).

Since all attribute skill points and ability skill points can be reset at a cost of 100g per point, why not have the same setup?  Call it a morph respec and allow players to do it at the shrine of redistribution.  Have it have a flat cost rate of, say, 1000g.  That way, it's reasonable to switch back and forth, and it doesn't require anything other than programming it into the game.

You click the shrine.  It shows you all of your morphs which currently have a skill point associated with them, along with the alternative choice with an arrow pointing to it.  You select the skill you want to change, and that's it.  It's changed and you lose the fee.

I was thinking about this the other day.  It's easy to pick up a new ability that you've never used before to tinker around.  However, you can't do so with a morph unless you blow a huge chunk of gold on something you may not even like.  Then you'll have to do it again to go back to your original choice.  It's silly, and quite hilarious that it was programmed that way in the first place.  

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by centkin
    Originally posted by rojo6934

The two specs at any given time is what a skill mirror is.  And yes it makes an awful lot of sense in ESO.  As for it not being a cash shop item, they do want to make money.  I mean giving it to everyone free at V1 would be fine, but this is a feature I would pay for.  Since others would likely pay for it also, there is no reason for them to give it free.  I mean even mounts they made really really expensive making it more an imperial thing than an everyone thing.  Of course it takes like 40 days for your new 42,000 gold mount to catch up to your old imperial mount if you do then decide to upgrade to the highest mount tier.

Then there is no reason to give anyone respecs for free.  So should they take those out of the game and charge us too?  Please think before posting.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Why cant the OP live with his choice. Its along the same lines of the argument, I want to get married but still be able to date others.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    Why cant the OP live with his choice. Its along the same lines of the argument, I want to get married but still be able to date others.

Because I literally have the choice of solo or group.  I have to respec to be viable one way or the other.  It is not reasonable to have to spend 25,000 gold and then have to reset EVERYTHING without making any mistakes every single time you want to change roles.

I'd be okay with a morph respec -- it wouldn't be as useful as a skill mirror but with the sheer number of points we have, I could do fine with that. 

When you have skills like -- heals 2 other people when spec'd one way and improves *ALL* your self heals by 10% if specd the other, you REALLY want to be able to shift the morph.

Nightblades have a few morphs that if you go one way or the other you really damage your ability to fulfill roles.

I'd be willing to spend an extra skill point and keep the diamond there as well.  You would be able to hit the diamond and change which aspect of your skill you were going to use...  3 points, both morph options.

• LokbergLokberg Member Posts: 315

Or you could solo in your group build like the rest of us.

and if you dont want that, use a total diffrent skill set for solo and group play... instead of swallow soul for singel play use mage guild entropy