Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Love the game, I am trying to help

JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

This is a quality game and MMO, the attention to detail is impressive and it is easy to be very immersed if you aren't rushing it.

I just hit Veteran 3 and I took my time. 1-50 is some of the best leveling experiences I have had, but I really am disappointed with Veteran levels. I don't mind taking awhile to get to max level, not at all, what I do mind is that I still at Vet3 am not high enough to gain anything from Vet dungeons, except some xp. (I think at Vet3 is the first time without an xp penaltly, not sure though) as the weapons are all Vet5 req. I am not viable in PvP at least until Vet5, but probably should be Vet10-12 at this point.

So I must quest quest quest. It feels like I need to pay my debts to the ES developers by doing everything they put into the game before I can experience the Adventure zone and a quality group experience. Yes I can PvP but the campaign I have is dead the majority of the time. They need to speed leveling in PvP and reduce campaigns to make it alive again. 

This game has so much potential, I just wish they could see the errors in their design choices.

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by JDis25

This is a quality game and MMO, the attention to detail is impressive and it is easy to be very immersed if you aren't rushing it.

I just hit Veteran 3 and I took my time. 1-50 is some of the best leveling experiences I have had, but I really am disappointed with Veteran levels. I don't mind taking awhile to get to max level, not at all, what I do mind is that I still at Vet3 am not high enough to gain anything from Vet dungeons, except some xp. (I think at Vet3 is the first time without an xp penaltly, not sure though) as the weapons are all Vet5 req. I am not viable in PvP at least until Vet5, but probably should be Vet10-12 at this point.

So I must quest quest quest. It feels like I need to pay my debts to the ES developers by doing everything they put into the game before I can experience the Adventure zone and a quality group experience. Yes I can PvP but the campaign I have is dead the majority of the time. They need to speed leveling in PvP and reduce campaigns to make it alive again. 

This game has so much potential, I just wish they could see the errors in their design choices.

The Euros and Assuies killed AB the first AvA server. 5am caps were too much. Everyone is on Wabbajack and Bloodthorn. You can guest on Wabba no problem, or you can just change. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I dont see that as an error in design, I like questing and story.

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo

I dont see that as an error in design, I like questing and story.

^^ This

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Even if you guys don't see it as an error in design, a lot of people do. They won't keep playing and other aspects of the game will dry up without a strong population. It's great that you guys like questing. There should just be a variety of things to do besides questing that other types of players enjoy, like the OP.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by d_20
    Even if you guys don't see it as an error in design, a lot of people do. They won't keep playing and other aspects of the game will dry up without a strong population. It's great that you guys like questing. There should just be a variety of things to do besides questing that other types of players enjoy, like the OP.

I also PVP, Craft, and do the veteran dungeons.  I help out guild mates too with low level stuff.  Sometimes hang out in the inn's with other guild mates just to talk and joke.

• STYNKFYSTSTYNKFYST Member Posts: 290

Yeah a lot

A lot of minority players....and the majority are having fun.

I agree that they need fixes....but anything from that masses here? Sorry....the brainpower here has less than a bag of wet hair

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I was one of those you speak of.  I joined with the thought that I'd get to 50 and start PVPing with my friends in Cyrodill, once I realized the quest grind they had laid out I quit immediately. (still had about a week left on my initial sub.

Not what I signed up for.......  

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I was one of those you speak of.  I joined with the thought that I'd get to 50 and start PVPing with my friends in Cyrodill, once I realized the quest grind they had laid out I quit immediately. (still had about a week left on my initial sub.

Not what I signed up for.......  

What is this grind? You fight a war and profit. Cyrodiil XP is in a really good spot right now. In fact, it's about time I level an alt. It will be entirely through Cyrodiil play. My main was about 85% cyrodiil 15% questing.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

My two biggest issues were:

a) Vet Ranks are nothing special and just disguise for levels 50-60 (or whatever the highest vet level is now) and leveling though the vet ranks was just a pure grind, not to mention the entire flow of the game was disrupted by a wide margin when you hit VR.

b) Leveling through the vet ranks was really only efficient through a horrid loophole in the story where you went back and quested other starter zones but never interacted with any of those newer players.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    JDis25, I see you are already thinking about AA, nothing wrong with that but its a long way off. There has never been a solution to approaching end game issues. TESO struggles like the rest of them. What about Craglorn, I hear the VR levels go much quicker in there?
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by Scot
    JDis25, I see you are already thinking about AA, nothing wrong with that but its a long way off. There has never been a solution to approaching end game issues. TESO struggles like the rest of them. What about Craglorn, I hear the VR levels go much quicker in there?

They do.

I'm about VR9. I will get to max one of these days. Then I will go back and do Cadwell's Almanac and AvA. I can always go back into the world and fill out quests I miss when I feel like questing. Craglorn was a great improvement on leveling. You can probably group up and farm whatever you want with that group and go through a VR level in a couple of hours.

It can be boring, but it can also feel like you are accomplishing something. It depends on the player, of course. But leveling through questing feels slow and lonely. I don't see so many people out questing in the VR6-10 zones when I play, so doing the dolmens and world bosses is a lot harder now unless you do a guild run or get on at a really busy time.

Go to Craglorn if you want to level faster.