Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Class roles and my confusion

kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

As I have not really played this game much even in beta I thought you could play either as a  DPS or a healer . I now understand you have to choose to either heal in dungeons or DPS as you will not have enough amps to put in both roles. Is this correct that if you want to be healer you need to invest in it and will not be able to solo as a dps  because you need to devote points to the healing build. I thought there was dual classing where you could chose your roles and put the points accordingly .

To ask my question more clearly I am asking if you can have two different builds that places the amps in different roles. It would get prohibitive to constantly swap out the amps to change roles. I was under the impression you could play a healer with one set and DPS solo with another. Could anyone please clarify this for me.

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    It's alright I found the answer . 

• HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98

You can save at least two builds and switch between them.  (I believe you can open up more build save spots as you level, but don't quote me on that).  Use the "B" keep to bring up this window.

So most people will have different builds tailored for different game modes etc.

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Does a hybrid build work at all? If I want one build can I devote some to healing and some to dps and still manage to heal in groups or is it all or nothing?

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623

for pve its pretty much all or nothing

for pvp you can get away with hybriding at the expense of some of the other utilities

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    Yes there are hybrid builds for PvP and they are quite popular on the official forums. Since you can use the dual class limited action set and you can switch out fast and the game is a throwback to the Holy Trinity you would in dungeons be better served playing a role.

• CleverjackCleverjack Member UncommonPosts: 72
    The Medic does have skills that allow them to heal while doing damage. There is a popular build for it. "Healing Hurts" i the anme of the build if I remember correctly, but yeah only the medic have abilities like this.