Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Azeroth Choppers #7 - Let the Voting Begin

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Voting on which of the two choppers, Horde or Alliance, that will be presented into World of Warcraft has officially kicked off with the release of Azeroth Choppers #7. Check out the video, pick which one you think best for the game and head to the Azeroth Choppers site to vote!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Even without my inherent bias for Horde, its chopper is MUCH cooler. Ally's is too shiny and...those "wheels". :|

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    I was beset by a fit of giggles upon seeing both bikes. What a travesty of metal.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I think they dropped the ball on those "tusks", Needed to be much bigger..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    I always preferred the Alliance but I have to give it to the Horde bike. They really nailed it with that one. If they had made the Alliance front end, especially those wheels(?), sleeker it would be a bit closer for me.
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    I was beset by a fit of giggles upon seeing both bikes. What a travesty of metal.

You HAVE seen the choppahs in game, right? LOL...I mean, it's not like any of them are "real world" compatible. ;)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• TiiKiiTiiKii Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Can't help myself.. Horde it IS for me! ;)

"Huntress"

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Well Alliance bike is very very nice. It shines and everything like a bike should be.

Horde it look a bit less real but still i have to give it to them it is a horde bike. Those tusk on the side and the seat with the leather stiched look makes it very in-game bike item kinda.

I vote Horde on this one!!!!

Edit : Dont get me wrong the Ally bike is very cool also and represent them very good. Pretty sure it is going to be a close call on this one.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    the alliance one could've been nice if they had'nt turned it into a snowmobile... would probably look sick with proper wheels.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by SBFord

You HAVE seen the choppahs in game, right? LOL...I mean, it's not like any of them are "real world" compatible. ;)

The in game choppers are going to be great. It's the real life ones that make me giggle :) I think I'd like to see the Horde one personally, but I'm a little biased. It's the tusks, it really is.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Don't like horde at all.. But the alliance bike doesn't stand a chance, it just doesn't look good.

Voted horde bike.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    They going to end up both ingame anyway.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    If i had the money I would proudly ride a custom Horde Chopper (with 2 seats) from these guys. Amazing work they did here with both bikes. I love them both even if i prefer the horde one.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    I vote no. If you're going to spend that kind of of money to fabricate a motorcycle it should at least be possible to ride it. Otherwise just stick to animations.

Ehh.... did you watch the last episode?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    I vote no. If you're going to spend that kind of of money to fabricate a motorcycle it should at least be possible to ride it. Otherwise just stick to animations.

that last episode showed them both riding. Fully working bikes.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Nice bikes. Lousy presentation of the bikes. 

Entire bike. .5 seconds. 

Piece of bike 3 seconds

Piece of bike 3 seconds

Entire bike .5 second

Let me actually see the damn things!

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

Blizzard should be spending their money on improving gameplay, not on expensive PR stunts.

If Blizzard wants to raise money they should charge money for players to play genuine alpha and beta test versions. In this way, they get free publicity through people making YouTube videos and don't waste any money on PR.

They would also get fantastic feedback.

This is the approach that Frontier Developments are taking with Elite: Dangerous and it works because they are getting good results.

Mors: Blizzard doesn't need to raise money. :P

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212

Stupid distracting to make players forget there has been no new content in 1 year.

Horde looks ok, but the Alliance one  looks dumb.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• BlasphimBlasphim Member UncommonPosts: 354

As one who has been riding since the tender age of 13, I am having trouble with the whole thing.  I think they both look interesting, but damned if you could actually ride the alliance bike in anything but a straight line, or near straight, at any sort of speed.  The horde bike is do-able, as in, you could actually ride that thing in the semi pacted earth.

I know, it's a video game, and the current chopper in game doesn't even have handlebars, it's got a set of old school tank dual sticks for controls, so I should try and suspend my disbelief....but damn if I can't seem to get over it.  Despite being mostly an alliance player, I think I'm going to have to vote horde on this one.

Locked-air Or gare?

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Horde bike looks like some geriatric retiree is going to go on a road trip across Florida to visit his kid who's in jail for eating someone's face while on bath salts.

Alliance treads are fail, but the body looks hella sweet (ah yeah, I'm bringing hella back). The question isn't which works IRL, the question is which would look better in a video game. The answer is Alliance.

• TavokTavok Member Posts: 1

I told myself that if the Horde bike ended up looking like an Orc bike, I'd vote Alliance, and it did. There are, contrary to popular opinion, other races that make up the Horde besides Orcs. So, that being the case, I voted...

FOR THE ALLIANCE!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Could not agree more.  Of course you have to take into consideration who they have making them too.   Used to laugh at the original show as the dad was constantly berating the son for lack of mental capacity.....

• GotDrumsGotDrums Member Posts: 1
    Guys think about it:
    Would a Tauren or any other race besides an Orc look good on the horde bike?
    I voted for the alliance 1