Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] State of Decay: First Look at Lifeline

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Lifeline is the second DLC for Undead Lab’s State of Decay. At the beginning of Lifeline you find yourself dropped into the middle of a new city that has been overrun by zombies. Apparently the military in this game calls them zed. You are immediately thrust into the middle of the action and will have to make your way to base. There is no slow burn here.

Read more of Rob Lashley's State of Decay: A First Look at Lifeline.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Amazing zombie game, can't wait for this DLC to drop.

The first one was great, literally such a rare gem to have a hard core single player zombie game like this, very good play controls on an indi game is almost un heard of as well, yet this game manages it.

Can't wait to kill more zombies!

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I cant wait! State of Decay is probably my favorite zombie game of all time.
  • logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    I am still sad no MP is coming. I think it would be amazing in this game.
    I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Darth-Batman
    I cant wait! State of Decay is probably my favorite zombie game of all time.

Right there with ya!

I can't wait for the 2nd one, they said multiplayer would be in any sequel to the first game as a foundation for the game.  Which I feel this game is lacking only one thing, and that is multiplayer.

I'm psyched about the sack patch too, being able to put them in the back of your truck will be amazing! 

I didn't realize they updated the building interface and functionality with this DLC until I was just reading up on it, that's exciting too.  More building management in this game is fantastic.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

hows the game? can one play offline?

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by orbitxo

hows the game? can one play offline?

Yes.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604

Probably my most favorite game and biggest surprise last year. For nearly 2 months countless hours were spent in SoD, I hope the DLC is comparable!!

Jeff Strain and his crew are game design geniuses. :) 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by logicbomb82
    I am still sad no MP is coming. I think it would be amazing in this game.

my exact feelings. So much potential unused there. A good coop would be more than enough for me to play with 4-8 friends in that zombie apocalypse.

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Coop in this game would be awesome.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Grakulen

It's what I've been waiting for.  I have a friend I want to play with so I haven't picked it up yet, not wanting to spoil it :)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Grakulen

It's what I've been waiting for.  I have a friend I want to play with so I haven't picked it up yet, not wanting to spoil it :)

From what I hear they've abandoned that plan and will revisit it on the Xbone, with their next title. I can't think of what they're calling that project right now, I forgot.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• nirvanetnirvanet Member UncommonPosts: 95

Played many hours until I have a BIG problem :

game too easy and you visit all the map too fast.

Not immersiv at all. They only have to add 2 or 3 little things and it could be a monster.

I would like to have a 1st view option for change the experience. This camera suxx !