Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Gold Online: Preorder Details Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Snail Games has announced the preorder details for a special edition of Black Gold Online. The special edition will feature an in-game mount and clothing items as well as crafting boosts. The special BGO edition sells for $19.99.

Black Gold Online: Conqueror's Edition includes custom exclusive garments (Officer's Overcoat and Ceremonial Garment); special crystals for high-end exchange and crafting (Soul Crystal and Stone of Blessings); and over $20 of in-game currency. All told, the retail version includes digital content worth more than $50. 

"Black Gold Online is building massive momentum and anticipation leading into its release this summer," said Jim Tsai, Vice President, Snail Games. "By pre-ordering the retail version of the unique MMO, players not only get exclusive content for their pre-order, but also content exclusive to the Conqueror's Edition, which is already a tremendous value in itself."

Black Gold Online: Conqueror's Edition is now available for pre-order at Gamestop.com, BestBuy.com and Amazon.com for $19.99. Pre-ordered copies will be received during the game's release this summer.

Find out more on the Black Gold Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by SBFord

Snail Games has announced the preorder details for a special edition of Black Gold Online. The special edition will feature an in-game mount and clothing items as well as crafting boosts. The special BGO edition sells for $19.99.

Black Gold Online: Conqueror's Edition includes custom exclusive garments (Officer's Overcoat and Ceremonial Garment); special crystals for high-end exchange and crafting (Soul Crystal and Stone of Blessings); and over $20 of in-game currency. All told, the retail version includes digital content worth more than $50. 

"Black Gold Online is building massive momentum and anticipation leading into its release this summer," said Jim Tsai, Vice President, Snail Games. "By pre-ordering the retail version of the unique MMO, players not only get exclusive content for their pre-order, but also content exclusive to the Conqueror's Edition, which is already a tremendous value in itself."

Black Gold Online: Conqueror's Edition is now available for pre-order at Gamestop.com, BestBuy.com and Amazon.com for $19.99. Pre-ordered copies will be received during the game's release this summer.

This is very worrisome.......I can already see those items being sold in the cash shop at launch, completely rendering the game a total pay to win waste of time. Just like PWE games and TERA which sell gear upgrades/enchants for real cash.

Also with the game being F2P, if i decide to purchase a retail version, how does that help me avoid the paying for loot cash grab? If i at least purchase the game i expect some respect as a customer.

EDIT: some typos

EDIT2: more typos :(

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    90% of development effort in designing the cash shop, 10% writing the game.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by SBFord

This is very worryisome.......I can already see those items being sold in the cash shop at launch, completely rendering the game a total pay to win waste of time, just like PWE games and TERA which sell gear upgrades/enchants for real cash.

Also with the game being F2P, if i decide to purchase a retail version, how does that help me avoid the paying for loot cash grab? If i at least purchase the game i expect some respect as a customer.

EDIT: some typos

Buying the "retail box" gives you no protection from the Cash Shop arms race. It simply gives you some of that Cash Shop goodness right at launch, supposedly at a discount.

• LeiHngWeiLeiHngWei Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by rojo6934

This is very worrisome.......I can already see those items being sold in the cash shop at launch, completely rendering the game a total pay to win waste of time. Just like PWE games and TERA which sell gear upgrades/enchants for real cash.

Being an open PvP game, it already has a foot in the P2W side.

Whoever has the largest wallet, affords the 1337 gear to gank those that can't afford it.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Snail Games aren't fooling me twice.
  • KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Aewful game. I lasted 30mins in beta.
  • steelfrenzysteelfrenzy Member Posts: 147
    Originally posted by Kanester

Haven't really played MMOs in a few years and decided I wanted to see what was out there nowadays. Felt like it was made in 2006. With literally 0 redeeming qualities, I was very disappointed to have wasted time and bandwidth. 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Originally posted by Kanester

It played okay, I played for a couple of hours, I just know how Snail Games is, and based on how they treated Wushu, I feel like this will be entirely Pay to Win. Or have a lot of emphasis on the cash shop. In Wushu you could buy premium for a character to get offline perks, but it only worked on that one character. So if you ever wanted to transfer servers (which they are starting the chinese server rolling already) you have to buy premium again, or anything you bought before again, it just kind of sucks.

• TheutusTheutus Member UncommonPosts: 636
    Horrible clunky game.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Clunky combat, terrible translation, bland world design, mediocre graphics... managed to get about 3 hours in before logging out and deleting it. Even the promise of a steampunk world in a genre with a distinct lack of that particular setting wasn't enough to push it past mediocre, and that's being quite magnanimous on my part.

When a game like City of Steam is a better offering when it comes to steampunk MMORPGs, you've screwed up pretty badly.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• mrbowser81mrbowser81 Member Posts: 27
    wow well i played the beta it has pretty nice graphics looks great combat was fine but i played in cross hair mode now there were some bugs but thats what the beta was for to get them out now im not a big fan of the battlefield but its prob. because i did not play that aspect much. dungeons were pretty cool, but i have been a consistent player of wow raids, dungeons, heroics, world pvp, ect. now world pvp in Black gold, haha i got ganked by a rouge while questing but it made since 20+ trolling noob areas killing 1-15 players and before you say it thats the samething that goes on in wow.... all games should auto drop your lvl and stats when you go into lower lvl areas and the gankfest will auto stop... so other than that please pay them the 20 for the time they have put in if you have a job then surely you go everyday to get that pay check friday 20 dollars wont hurt most of you like myself have kicked out hundreds to wow just to get irritated by the immaturity and lack of social interacttion. we the players can change that but dont pi.. on a game because its just something to do
  • ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

I love this game :) its nice! and i would love to dump 20$ but no digital copy available?!

I need digital! gogo

• NequanNequan Member Posts: 2
    I also enjoyed the game. The dynamic events was a good change of pace and I made a few friends while doing them. The music is also really good. When they add in the voice overs, I will enjoy it even more. $20 is actually really cheap for a founders pack. I doubt I will be buying one though just because I never play MMOs on release day. 
  • akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123

I feel they need a lot more polish before considering releasing the game. Honestly it has the stink of a free to play game. 

It has some great ideas, but is not nearly polished enough, and unvoiced npcs, no thank you.

I am hardly keeping it together with Wildstar.

• sLY4JsLY4J Member UncommonPosts: 84
    The alpha absolutely ruined it for me.. When I jumped back into Beta, it DEFINITELY improved but it was sadly too late for me.. Especially after playing Wildstar Beta and seeing Archeage in action.. I feel this game will be left in the dust.