Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zenimax needs to add DUELING and ARENAS!

Comments

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437
    You know another place you can optimize your team dynamics for pvp?

pvp.
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

They already have been doing a great job of killing Cryodiil / RVR without adding battlegrounds or other forms of pvp. The combination of not gaining levels/VR in Cryodiil along with having too many campaigns has really hurt the pvp in this game, as well as the whole guest feature.

However the worst thing is that they are really dragging their feet on these issues and not fixing these problems. 

I think they should work on cryodiil instead of adding other pvp because it does have potential.

• KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Timzilla
    You know another place you can optimize your team dynamics for pvp?

pvp.

How long is a PvP fight in Cryodiil?

Mere seconds

You cannot optimize team dynamics effectively enough without the proper feedback from players as there is a limited number of developers,. there is a limited amount of time developers can actually address pvp issues, there is so much to do in this game alongside of releasing timely content updates as TESO is a subscription based game.

Best way to get the proper feedback from players is to watch videos from players as proof is in the pudding and its hard to deny what your seeing. Players won't be able to capture undeniable imbalances concerning class/template skill issues in large scale battles as well as they could in DUELING and ARENAS!

Mark my words (and I have said this in the development as well as during the release of many a MMORPG and they always rang true as far as the eventual outcome; as some of us possess an uncanny sense of discerning trends and possible future of how certain events unfold based on current events and the state of things in a game as it is also part of everything transpiring in that genre at a given time); Zenimax needs to keep players interested enough to keep playing their game and if they don't address certain game breaking problems in a timely manner they could really lose alot of players in a relatively short period of time. Timing is everything and if you don't address the right issues at the right time your going to feel out of sync, and time is going to keep on going without your product in a place where you want it to be. Needless to say once a good portion of the players reach endgame content they are going to really start raising concerns on a great many facets of the game, primarily PvP as Cryodiil is one of the biggest endgame features in TESO.

I wish Zenimax the best as I have really wanted their product to succeed, yet it is no real loss as every MMORPG that releases is a success in this genre, one way or another, as it eventually brings about something each and all of us enjoy at one time or another, as we come closer and closer to the realizing the dream.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

I got fed up with jackwads in other mmo's jumping around challenging duels after I turned on auto reject in those games. All that happened is they then jumped about demanding duels, screaming and trying to get attention.

No thanks to duels

• JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

No battlegrounds (cyrodil has all the pvp you can ask for, BGs get boring fast anyway)

Arena: absolutely needed and definitely goes with the ES universe/lore.

Duels: IDC either way lol

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    No arenas no dueling.  This will drive down the RVR population and for what? people can make this a fps?  no, you can go do arenas in wow or duke nuke em.  you can also duel in other games for fun, this game is about RVR.  close thread.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • aaradunaaradun Member Posts: 91
    They could add arenas, but only and only if it's in Cyrodill and it would need to be a capturable objective so that you gotta work to get it.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I can't see the negative effect of 1 on 1 duelling in faction, so that gets a thumbs up. Arenas a thumbs down, as has been said it will badly effect 'realm' PvP.
  • NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

To be honest I dont see how they would ever add dueling, it doesnt seem enough interest in it. I made such a thread on their official forums with pros and cons with ways to maintan the different playertypes, though only to be met by negaitivty. I bumped it for about 3 weeks but there was no interest and it died. Another part is that people would probably qq even more about imbalance 1v1.

I could see them adding arena in the future though as it would fit the lore. But given the fact that they stated there arnt any plans for any other types of PvP says a lot of the future. They plan to release content every 4 to 6 weeks, clearly they already started making some of this content (at least made plans) for the next 6 to 12 months. On top of this they have huge bugs to fix, even Craglorn the first patch has been delayed. This tells me that you wont see any new PvP in about a years time to be honest. The sole reason I quit and will be focusing on a different upcomming MMO with such basic features.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    I concur. With arenas and dueling, I would have a reason to interact with other people. Right now I really dont.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Not putting in dueling and arenas was a great decision by zen.

Please choose another game for epeen PvP.  ESO requires you to follow a rp story as reason for PvP and that is great and one thuing done right in regards to mmoRPg. 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• pmcubedpmcubed Member Posts: 289

The same argument killed WoW open world PvP did it not?  

Sure add duels and BGs - it might be fun.  But, at least let the game age a bit so people on the 2nd month aren't sitting around capital towns queuing for BG's all day long.  Cyrodiil would die as well as any PVE questing.  

IMO Cyrodiil will be really fun and rewarding once the dungeon in the center is done.  As it stands there simply isn't that much reward for inner keep control.  (For those who don't know, they are adding a dungeon only available to the faction with inner keep control)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    There needs to be world PVP
  • KuanshuKuanshu Member Posts: 272

In light of how many issues currently plague ESO and the current patch issues its time to take notice and add somethings which encourage players to actually want to login and play ESO

People are not wanting to login and some are cancelling their subscriptions due to many issues currently making gameplay not so fun...so what can Zenimax do about this?

I was amazed and impressed that LEAGUE OF LEGENDS is those most played PC game on the market! 

What is it primarily comprised of? PVP BATTLE ARENAS!

There it is basically in a nutshell folks!

People don't want a buggy timesink where they are constantly dealing with issues like latency, bots, spammers, etc...People want to login and get right to the action and instead of dealing with BOTs and players they want to fight them!

ARENAS!

If I was Zenimax I would want to redeem ESO in the eyes of many who have experienced it and moved on; One dissatisfied customer equates to losing alot of potential customers! I know this because I have worked in retail and I have played MMORPGs since The Realm Online.

People complain ESO is a PVE multiplayer game with PvP MMORPG aspects yet the megaserver ruins alot of the experience. There are countless threads on these topics and this is a recipe for disaster if Zenimax doesn't do some sort of damage control asap!

The PC version of this game isn't really lookin good at this rate, especially considering the new big bold titles releasing in the coming year. Zenimax needs to do something big asap to bring back interest to the game or Wildstar is going to take alot of their subscribers in less then a week. Archeage is coming out after that and its definitely bigger and better then both of em.

At this rate I forsee the console version being the last bastion of hope for Zenimax if they don't do something monumental in the coming days...I would say months, but at this rate and the fact timing is everything in this genre; I would say its more like weeks and maybe days at best.

Whislt some of ya'll keep replying that ESO doesn't need DUELING nor ARENAS realize this isn't your game and its not going to be much fun once a great majority of the player base jumps ship.

I'm actually interested in seeing ESO become something much more fun and entertaining for everyone involved.

The bottomline for subscriber based game is subscribers! Preach on!

• Dragoncline00Dragoncline00 Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by BetaBlocka
    An pvp centric mmorpg with no ability to "duel"...either in an instance or the open world? So weak.

And stating the reason "it will kill pvp"? Even worse.

If a duel command would kill off pvp then the game is clearly dying already...such a waste :(

What? PVP centric? I thought ESO was designed more for the PVE content..... maybe i am wrong??

• FoobarxFoobarx Member Posts: 451

If TESO was to succeed, it would have done so with what it launched with.  They could add whatever you dreamed up at this point and it still wouldn't change the fact that the boat has already sailed.  Once people move on, they move on... with the exception of WoW in which they return and are reminded why they left and leave again.

Arenas and dueling won't save TESO.  Might kill it faster, but it won't save it.

• MiklosanMiklosan Member Posts: 176

It is this "IhateWoW"-syndrom showing up again....

"Just because a feature is implemented in WoW it must be something bad so therefor it should not be implemented in this game!"

Just plain stupid, ofcourse a feature like duelling should be available in a game like Elder Scrolls Online.

It's similar to that other discussion that was a while ago about chatbubbles. Hey, make it optional so that those who wants it can have it turned on and those who don't like it can disable it, okey? -"Nooooooo, go back to WoW you moron bla bla..."

Big PvP battles are fun but sometimes it's just as fun with those smaller fights, sometimes even more fun.

Duels, arenas and being able to fight players from other factions in the World and not only in Cyrodill should have been in the game from start. (They should have atleast two server options)

This game is beyond help anyway so...

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    As much as I love this game I will have to agree. Dueling would be simply awesome indeed as well as chat bubbles!
  • WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    Originally posted by Foobarx

If TESO was to succeed, it would have done so with what it launched with.  They could add whatever you dreamed up at this point and it still wouldn't change the fact that the boat has already sailed.  Once people move on, they move on... with the exception of WoW in which they return and are reminded why they left and leave again.

Arenas and dueling won't save TESO.  Might kill it faster, but it won't save it.

the only people that are "moving on" or the undesirables that ruin the experience such as Mwah!

• Geebus80Geebus80 Member Posts: 92

PVP in fantasy games is for 8yo kids, pew pew i got you with my fireball! oh noes that fireball is hella leveled man you gots me!

Seriously kids, want pvp go join the army or play some battlefield, wizards and such pvp is just adolescent at best, do you need power over other so badly you ignore how lame you are for feeling 1337 about your fireballs and dragons?

I say leave pvp to the head to head games, fantasy games are about story and adventure, not pew pew I throw fireball at you.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

Dueling would be useful, but battlegrounds/arenas is a bad idea. I can't see how players don't understand this. If the game had WoW's subscription numbers it MIGHT be doable, but separating PvP will make Cyrodiil utterly useless. They may get more subs, honestly because most mmo players came from FPS/equal sided "e-sports" games and are casual players - but the whole point of the game would be ruined.

Dueling for fun without any rewards.. probably very useful.

Battlegrounds only useful if you want to change the entire pvp game design/render the current mode useless.

Granted if they're hurting for cash, they'll probably add both eventually.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Originally posted by Geebus80

PVP in fantasy games is for 8yo kids, pew pew i got you with my fireball! oh noes that fireball is hella leveled man you gots me!

Seriously kids, want pvp go join the army or play some battlefield, wizards and such pvp is just adolescent at best, do you need power over other so badly you ignore how lame you are for feeling 1337 about your fireballs and dragons?

I say leave pvp to the head to head games, fantasy games are about story and adventure, not pew pew I throw fireball at you.

Fireballs and dragons are no different than rocket launcher and tanks.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    This game could have felt really good to me, but clans just mean nothing in pvp in this game.  Enemies don't even know what clan you are in when you kill them...it's to much about factions and not enough about clans.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by BurntCabbage

people need to stop trying to force other games hand in try to change things..its what makes game diff from each other and unique

dueling..just what this game needs everyone outside of town dueling all day instead of the pvp battle area being full or busy..kinda reminds me of another game?

Putting in arenas wouldnt be forcing other games hand, since elder scrolls series has arenas.  Hell, one of the elder scrolls games is called Arena.