Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Column] WildStar: 5 Reasons You Should Play WildStar

Comments

• BruhzaBruhza Omaha, NEPosts: 279Member
    Originally posted by jesteralways

5 reasons why we should not play Wildstar are given below :-

1. We can play WoW which is far superior in quality

2. We can play WoW which is far superior in quality

3. We can play WoW which is far superior in quality

4. We can play WoW which is far superior in quality

5. We can play WoW which is far superior in quality

There. End of discussion. 

and over here we can see the troll in their natural environment. Be careful not to startle them as they may become defensive and attack using mean words giving themselves the impression that they "won".

(But we all know they don't win anything)

• VembumeesVembumees WildStarPosts: 79Member
    When opening the article I expected a real list, not a list that can be applied to pretty much every game. I thought we played mmorpg's for gameplay. I am going to play WildStar and have waited for it a long time, but this article sounds like someone got paid to advertise the game and made a halfassed article without even really knowing the game in depth.
  • ElandrialElandrial atlanta, GAPosts: 162Member
    Originally posted by Noshiz

"The partially cartoon-style visuals offer enough individuality to stand out from the Guild Wars 2’s and Elder Scrolls’ of the world, while the aesthetics are different enough to not be labeled a WoW-clone, at least not out of the gate."

First of all, Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls Online have completely different graphics from each other, if you have played them, you would know.

Second, the graphics in Wildstar are so similar to WoW that makes somebody wonder if they stole them from Blizzard. This is definitely a WoW-clone (in many more ways that just the graphics), like it or not.

And don't tell me that  "housing", something that WoW doesn't have, makes the game not a WoW-clone, yes it does have 3 different things from WoW, but that's it, it  has just 3 different things.

its an mmorpg,its a wow clone,you play it on a pc its a wow clone.wow was not even the close to the first mmorpg,nor is it even that great.yes it has the same graphics that is about as wow clone as it gets.wow story  line sucked,the combat sucked,i doubt really that people try to copy wow.god i hate that term ,just a wow clone.get over it.

• ElandrialElandrial atlanta, GAPosts: 162Member

i played everquest for 3 years before wow. i played wow for 3 months when it first came out..it sucked.why people play the crap is beyond me.why people push the crap is really beyond me.guess they don't want to be the only sucker playing the game.

i played the beta and it is far better than wow.

• HoochlerHoochler Minneapolis, MNPosts: 12Member Uncommon

Nine reasons to never touch another NCSoft again...

1. City of Heroes killed by NCSoft 30NOV12.

2. Tabula Rasa killed by NCSoft 28FEB09.

3. Auto Assault killed by NCSoft 31AUG07.

4. Dungeon Runners killed by NCSoft 1JAN10.

5. Dragonica killed by NCSoft 13JUL11.

6. Exteel killed by NCSoft 1SEP10.

7. Point Blank killed by NCSoft 13JUL11.

8. Lineage (NA) killed by NCSoft 29JUN11.

9. Trickster killed by NCSoft 27FEB13.

If you like to play a game, invest your time, money and energy into it and really start to like it only to have a company that does NOT have your best interests in mind pull the plug when they feel like it, by all means get sucked into any NCSoft game and enjoy their brand of "fun".

• jshrmstrngjshrmstrng MelbournePosts: 10Member

1. We can play ArcheAge which is far superior in quality and a lot more fun.

2. We can play ArcheAge which is far superior in quality and a lot more fun.

3. We can play ArcheAge which is far superior in quality and a lot more fun.

4. We can play ArcheAge which is far superior in quality and a lot more fun.

5. We can play ArcheAge which is far superior in quality and a lot more fun.

**FTFY

• kairel182kairel182 SMD, RIPosts: 241Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Elandrial

i played everquest for 3 years before wow. i played wow for 3 months when it first came out..it sucked.why people play the crap is beyond me.why people push the crap is really beyond me.guess they don't want to be the only sucker playing the game.

i played the beta and it is far better than wow.

Normally I'd fully endorse the "WoW is trash" train but unfortunately Wildstar is even worse...

It's mediocrity surpasses even WoW's tired/crappy systems of sheep addiction.

• HexamusHexamus Fresno, CAPosts: 32Member Uncommon
    Some will hate it. Some will love it. Generally, I see no more reason to play WoW, ESO was a letdown. Wildstar seems to be the only interesting MMORPG coming though I still have my eye on Archage. 
  • MasterDCTMasterDCT Portland, ORPosts: 16Member Uncommon
    Everything is cool but the combat system is mehhh so I'm passing it
  • JeminaiJeminai MelbournePosts: 145Member
    not a wow clone visually... well... the closest thing out there in my opinion.
    I've heard this argument about a cartoon style not ageing and remaining fresh. tell that to any one with a looney tunes character tattoo.
    I guess I'm not buying into the hype, so far nothing sounds all that groundbreaking... if this thing pummels wow it's BECAUSE of the similarities. fresh content for a bit... only thing about humor in a game is it's funny once.
    everything else in MMOs denotes repetitivity.
    nice to have a glossy different race being entertained by the same humor over and over.
    so that's MY personal take on wildstar which has failed to gain my interest.

my issue is with the hype of any game. there's no place for opinions really.. it's all a matter of taste. I don't buy music because the radio told me to either. ( I wonder if "official reviews" are steered financially)..
    remember what other launches are like and read between the lines of the "critics".
    every game that boasts "new", "groundbreaking", "original" etc. cops just as much flak for being different as a clone or reskin. limited attention spans abound and if you don't snare them quick players carve a games epiatath on launch day. no game will ever be perfect. no game appeals to all.
    again, it's a matter of taste and reviews and comparisons are wholly individual perspectives. and can't decide for you what you may or may not consider entertaining.
  • loulakiloulaki PatrasPosts: 918Member
    well i agree but the unique style and personality, although they are enjoying, but for little time. I  wouldnt be able to spend lot of time in a cartoon.

• daltaniousdaltanious waPosts: 2,142Member Uncommon

Khm.

A the end will put my short compilation of cons and pros for WS, but before would like to answer to 1-5.

For sure however I can say in 3 days of gameplay in BETA of WS I have rarely played any game so bug free but AFTER  1 year or so. In this 3 days no single bug, no single crash (ok, 1, but I can blame that on another program running in background). As said with many other games one can hope to have such experience after year or so.

“5) Unique Style and Personality

It’s no secret that most MMO’s nowadays are the same exact game, remade over and over with “

Saying this is like to say all cars in the world are exactly the same, remade over and over ... all have 4 wheels, .... etc.

Playing for long, most intensely however MMO’s last aprox. 9 years. Have not encountered a single game that would fit 5).

With few minor details WS is no different from ANY other, being Aoc, Wildhammer, TSW, ...

“4) Housing”

Ok, WS have housing since day 1. However housing is for me nor game making nor game breaking feature.

“3) Player Customization”

Again, nothing special.

“2) Action Combat Mechanics”

Well, best so far for me action combat and fast paced is of Gw2. Otherwise Wow is still much more fun and complex. You can put all 20 spells on toolbars and all have use at this or another time or encounter.

About WS ... all that teletargeting ads a  lot of confusion. And besides at least up to lv. 10 game  is so silly easy that one fast discover there is no reason to dodge at all. Just stay in place and mash buttons. No risk to die at all, not even with 4 mobs pulled to much with insane aoe spells. Spellslinger excel in this.

“1) Smart Subscription Model”

WS really does not gives expression here to be something “special”. Most from money I think players still get from Gw2. With this rare exception, I never play “free” games. If there is mixed system, I will 100% sub or not play at all. If game is good is worth subbing, if it is not, I will spent better my free time.

And now my cons and pros list:

PRO

• no forced use for WASD, using mouse

• fun, humor

• very fluid movement

• controls responding as expected, very well

• client loading very fast

• no single bug or crash in 3 last beta days

• only game so far where i.e. river is driving you in direction of water flow ... amazing! Must constantly battle water flow. :-)

CONS

• only 1 (ONE!) toolbar with 8 active keys; if I will stop to play I’m already sure this will be for this problem because problem it is; usually this spells button mashing, especially as abilities starts to pile up; always hated when game enforces me to “select” only some spells out of zillion; leave that to PLAYER!, if somebody likes can play game with single spell and any game but if i wish to have 2 or 3 toolbars full of abilities that is MY problem

even on that single toolbar keys are unlocked with leveling so up to i.e. lv. 8 you will have 5 unlocked, at lv. 1 only single; I always in any game have “spam” spell on button 5 and hate being forced move that to key 1 or 2; want to have healing spells on other toolbar and usually main 2 linked to F4 and F5, ... etc .... whole toolbar(s) should be unlocked since level 1 even if single spell available at start; fortunately is possible to move spells to any already unlocked button, lessening somewhat this problem

• all in all only 2 starting areas (ok, guess nothing to do, 2 space ships - one for each faction - just closed on planet), but more landing zones;

• logout should be immediate if in safe area (or is not just in beta as advertisement is displayed while logging out)

• strange selection of body types (i.e. muscular get’s also pretty tick waist)

• really hope 6 alts limit is for beta only! In Wow they are getting a lot of sub money from me being able to play 22 alts, 11 for alliance and 11 for horde on which I’m working now to have full maxed out set; I’m altholic and want to play all possible combinations

JUST NOTE

• graphics and style somehow reminds me CO (just noted, is not for bad or for good)

• onemanwolfonemanwolf Spring Lake, NCPosts: 20Member
    Lol you can wait 13 months for new content and pay 15 dollar a month to pay for server maintenance  I have fun in LFR with all of the other loser. 
    Lol you can wait 13 months for new content and pay 15 dollar a month to pay for server maintenance  I have fun in LFR with all of the other loser. 

5 reasons to play WIldstar :

1. Its fun

2. Hoverboard

3. Movement

5. Hardcore awesomeness with alittle awesome sauces to spice things up.

Bilzzard is the WOW killer not Carbine!

• BuddyDudeBuddyDude Seattle, WAPosts: 47Member

5 reasons why we write advertisements disguised as articles. 

• XenophilosXenophilos Hanover, ONPosts: 3Member
    "...refrains from feeling too over the top with it's humour"?  Really>  Ignoring the bad syntax, what cereal have you been snorting?  The game has exactly the feel of a bad game show crossed with a bad talk show.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Ehrenfeld, PAPosts: 2,977Member

I am starting to feel that Wildstar is a retreat for disgruntled World of Warcraft players that want to start all over again in a new mmo. However as much as I played WoW in the past, I did like when WoW would put SciFi in their game. I was always hoping for a Starcraft Online.

• Amir.EnkoAmir.Enko ZaporozhyePosts: 4Member
    I'm going to tell you 1 reason not to play wildstar - it's god damn boring piece of crap 
  • JeminaiJeminai MelbournePosts: 145Member
    con .1
    will have the WORST in-game community to date.
  • ArthasmArthasm LoznicaPosts: 754Member Uncommon
    Wildstar took perfect Wow receipe for success and, maybe, offers more than Wow at start. Remind me, what game released in past year offered full content with end-game testing before release? All socalled Wow clones was unfinished, lacking some features, getting those features long time after people already abandoned ship. There are some games which offered things very, very different than Wow, with new features, new generation of MMORPG and we know how they ended.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Niagara Falls, NYPosts: 3,437Member Uncommon
    The more I play Wildstar the more I realize it doesn't look anything like WoW. It's actually far more animated than WoW. WoW is pretty colorful but it's actually very dark and brutal in a lot of ways.

• sLY4JsLY4J Manteca, CAPosts: 47Member Uncommon

THE MMORPG community is so fickle.. A traditional MMORPG comes out and I hear "It's a tab target game... I'll pass" and now i'm hearing "The combat in Wildstar is what turns me away" which is funny because the action combat is pretty good.

I played Beta and loved it.. I think it's gonna be a great MMORPG. People might compare it to WoW, but the fact that the combat is so different, it will be different in the important aspects.

I doubt any MMORPG in the future will be groundbreaking anymore.. It's all a matter on delivering these old concepts.

• TraceOfDustMitesTraceOfDustMites Schaumburg, ILPosts: 28Member
    You know it's close to launch, the "I'm never gonna play but I know it sucks" haters are out in full force.
  • BladestromBladestrom edinburghPosts: 4,941Member Uncommon
    I feel sorry for them tbh, the vast majority are people who miss the genre but are also jaded and tired of the genre - and blame the genre for the latter. No themepark will satisfy these players, they need to face facts and accept their mmorg themepark days are over.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D