Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

class comparisons

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Here we go, this is my opinion, but...

warrior  plays like a warrior

stalker plays like a rogue

engineer plays like a hunter with heavy armor and so they are way less mobile

medic plays like a paladin, but withouth the heavy armor and defense, which they traded for the mobillity of the hunter

esper plays like a necromancer

spellslinger plays like the good old wizzard/mage/sorcerer.

basically thats it.... True, there is a lot of diversity, but based on playstyles this should tell people which class to choose..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• CleverjackCleverjack Member UncommonPosts: 72
    I don't remember espers having DoT's? I like your thread idea though. Not gonna lie I would've liked to see a class that could both heal and tank

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Cleverjack
    I don't remember espers having DoT's? I like your thread idea though. Not gonna lie I would've liked to see a class that could both heal and tank

i think they have some... but not disease like things...

I was more referring to the pets and the lifedrains they can do..  but you might be right, the dots seem more to be part of the Spellslinger, tough those dots (and their spells) are more kind of elemental based..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Esper feels more like an Enchanter/illusionist to me.