Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stabillity

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

After last fridays patch the game has become much more instable, i am getting disconnects like every hour and crashes to desktop every three hours... even in low populated zones..

It was rockstable before the patch?   

Is it my system, or is anyone else experiencing the same

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503

Had my first infinite load screen in a long time tonight while logging in.  Just closed out and opened back up and worked fine then. But as far as anything else no problems at all on my end.  What graphics card are you using?  What spec's are you computer?  I know a lot of NVidia cards don't do good on this game.  Hopefully it starts working it's self out.

Could be a memory leak to causing the game to crash out.  I know they did have problems with that at one point.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

What i noticed the most from my 5 hour login !

Cyrodiil infinite loading screen - i had it 4 times in a row
    Cyrodiil extreme lag spikes
    Cyrodiil ability delay 1 to 3 seconds
    Cyrodiil freezes
    Cyrodiil disconnection
    Cyrodiil group crash one after another
    Cyrodiil enemy collors gone....coulnt see who was what lol :P

So i went to Craglorn !!!
    Joined the exp farm train between the 3 bosses ! for max exp per hour !

freeze / freeze / crash / crash / freeze

had enough and loged out.

Was hoping my Nightblade would be finaly fixed.....but it seems it might still need a few months worth of subscription to fix my main class.
    Sub is running out but wont touch this mmo again.
    It was the final straw that brokes the camels back ( so to speak ) ! :P

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Must be your pc build...never have freezes.
    For me is eso the best mmo at this moment, even upgrade to imperial version.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• GadarethGadareth Member UncommonPosts: 310

One bit of advice for people who suddenly get a connection issues. Try powercycling (turn it off wait 5 minutes then power it back up) your modem/router this will reset your routing tables and can help your connection at least if the issue is a routing issue.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Gadareth

One bit of advice for people who suddenly get a connection issues. Try powercycling (turn it off wait 5 minutes then power it back up) your modem/router this will reset your routing tables and can help your connection at least if the issue is a routing issue.

Good advice... allready did this... but in general this works for those who cant get any connection at all... In general i am connecting just fine... its just dropping sometimes..  i could trace these drops to being server side and not client side..(did some testing since posting)

My biggest worry is the game crashes, they dont happen frequently but they do happen... not much in the game logs to go on... looks like they changed something in their graphical engine... that somehow does not go well with my AMD driver.. currently testing another driver.. for graphics, lets see how that one behaves.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

Nothing wrong with updating your drivers but don't try too much on your pc side.

Since the latest pactch me and all my friends get the occasional crash or infinite loading screen. Game got more instable. Not that bad, that it isn't playable anymore but it is quite annoying.

Anyway, Zenimax has to fix it.

Originally posted by Anthur

Nothing wrong with updating your drivers but don't try too much on your pc side.

Since the latest pactch me and all my friends get the occasional crash or infinite loading screen. Game got more instable. Not that bad, that it isn't playable anymore but it is quite annoying.

Anyway, Zenimax has to fix it.

Thank you... thats what i was wanting to hear...  i think i will keep my hands off then till everything gets evened out..

• GatlanGatlan Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I had to do a manual repair. Not right after the patch but a day later. The game wouldn't even play. I went to options on the launcher and unselected auto-update then relaunched the launcher and used repair. Don't know if this will help at all. It fixed my problem.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Not had an issue at all, but a Manual repair is a good idea if you have issues.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I haven't tried Cyrodiil since the last patch (too busy in Craglorn), but I haven't had any problems except the rollbacks, but those got fixed a couple of days ago.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    There was a confirmed memory leak reported by Zenimax after the last patch that affected many. It has been hot fixed though.

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

After last fridays patch the game has become much more instable, i am getting disconnects like every hour and crashes to desktop every three hours... even in low populated zones..

Judging from official forums you are not alone with this. To me one thing changed tho. I am not crashing anymore! Now due to changes in client I have to restart it from time to time in order to restore graphics, lights and so on. Therefore I can't crash!

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Originally posted by immodium
    There was a confirmed memory leak reported by Zenimax after the last patch that affected many. It has been hot fixed though.

There are still other issues that prevent some or make it harder to play. I.e. issue with logging in on Mac computers - now players must change all language settings to english (that includes also ui language) in order to be able to login without crashing. Not certain if rollbacks were resolved really, Cyrodiil next to unplayable atleast today (resulting with i.e. 20+ ppl crashing at the same time and others having to relog), in general lag when playing in the group, graphics issues like visual effects (lights, shadows, water effects) being disabled out of nowhere or textures suddenly being replaced by their low quality versions used to draw objects from the distance. All of those still waiting to be resolved.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Well, up until the past 2 weeks or so ESO was the most unstable mmorpg I had ever played. I crashed a crazy amount of times in Cyrodiil. Recently it's gotten much better. Still a long way to go to be Wushu stable (crashed maybe 3 times in a year) but better.

I felt that the recent patch helped stability, atleast in Cyrodiil. I've only crashed a couple times there and none in Craglorn.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • CurragraigueCurragraigue Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Since patch I have had an infinite loop and a few drops and load screens when out in the open. I was killed while in the loop so I had to close the application and hit R before it reloaded me into the loop to get out of it. Hopefully they fix it soon.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    well, I just played for several hours and nothing "bad" happened.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Seems less stable .. had an infinite loading screen to zone. Went n washed, shaved, made a coffee .. still loading.

On the upside I needed that shave lol

I had another days play yesterday, third since the patch, did not have a single issue.
    Originally posted by Scot
    I had another days play yesterday, third since the patch, did not have a single issue.

i played a few hours early this morning 6 am till 10 am... no other players, and no issues..

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    No stability issues since the last hotfix but load times have increased significantly. No idea why but it is very annoying. image

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

no stability issues here - only at V1 content though. perhaps this is only Crag related?

Only really annoying issue I've run into to-date was falling through the world once. But that has happened on WOW as well despite years of development. Spit happens. 

Most times something odd occurs in the environment I exit and re-enter the game and its working again. Could be memory leak issue. But the workaround is simple enough.

I don't think the vast majority of players comprehend just how complex these systems are. I am a professional software guy - been in the business 31 years. A system this complex is going to encounter defects and is going to encounter weird issues due to the # of sessions. You can use all the sim tools you like to crank up thousands of phantom sessions and push the game to its breaking point (black box fail testing) but there are always going to be things you only discover after release and after real players jump on and run the system through its paces.

If people would chill a bit we'd all get through this pretty easily. I have confidence the dev team will correct the issues as they occur.

Even the poster child for fanbois - GW2 - has had its share of bugs. SOME of which the devs could not figure out (such as preventing the flying hack in PVP) which led to removal of functionality (the orbs in PVP). Every game runs into this.

"Only really annoying issue I've run into to-date was falling through the world once. But that has happened on WOW as well despite years of development. Spit happens."

Hang on! That's almost like saying all MMOs have bugs sometimes! You do know bugs only occur in TESO right? They don't exist anywhere else in gaming? Even though I have not seen one bug since after the first week of launch, but we all know the game is full of them!

Hang on, I am getting a picture in showing one of our posters who keeps seeing bugs in game:

Err there you have it, proof positive, those bugs do exist.

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437
    I had those problems after the patch. After updating my addons and disabling some that had no updates i've been stable. Knock on wood
  • TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 839

My gripe is the slow response time during combat. It's not as quick, instant, or smooth-flowing as most other games out there. I'm willing to wait until this gets ironed out, but they need to pick up the pace on the combat system and make sure the code is solid so that commands go off instantly without the half-second delay upon attacks and abilities.

I would say Zenimax's goal should be combat as smooth-flowing and responsive as GW2's combat. Other than that, nothing else worth petitioning for me.

Isaiah 41:10
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I'll say it again, most unstable mmorpg since mortal online.

Damn though, when it works it's oh so sweet. Today has been one of those days where you see "ESO epicness" typed in cyrodiil chat. I just finished a 3 hour, 3 way battle. Pure win. No mmorpg to day can do it like ESO does it. 

When it works... 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"