Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a 100% soloable SANDBOX RPG? (that is not in space)

EVE I can solo 100% of the time. I live in nullsec in an area that sees only 1-2 people a day...make lots of money. Even have a station. I go to hi-sec to trade and stock up and what not. But, what I want is something on land. Be it sci-fi or fantasy.

You see, I only solo in MMOs. And you can see my username, I hate singleplayer RPGs...they are a scam. Pay 50 dollars, get maybe a few content updates...pay big bucks for DLC and then dead and company moves on. Like bethesda is shit, but at least makes decent singleplayer RPGs...but then completely abandons them. Singleplayer RPGs have horrible economy, horrible updates (win the game, pay 50 bucks for a new one) and horrible everything. Skyrim is better, but it never updates so no new content ever. And if there was, I'd pay tons of money on lame DLCs over and over.

Thats why I play MMOs. Vibrant economy, amazing updates for only 15 a month (instead of 50 dollars every few days buying a new game)...and they don't tend to get abandoned like lame singleplayer RPGs. Singleplayer RPGs are a complete scam and they know it.

But I can't find any MMO that is a sandbox that is 100% soloable. And themeparks are even worse for soloing. Themeparks are forced grouping 100% of the time.

In WoW...solo all the way to max level...then freakin forced to group with people I either like or not! BUT I"M FORCED TO DO IT! if I want to see story...FORCED GROUP...do anything...FORCED GROUP...FORCED GROUP FORCED! I HATE ITT IT IT HATE HATE!'

Every themepark is a lame forced group MMO in disguise of a solo game.

What I'm looking for is SWG but more modern graphics. SWG I could solo 100% of the time. I setup a house in a big player city, did tons of trading and socializing and roleplaying...and then I could go out and hunt or go to my factories to get supplies to craft.

Sandbox games are by far the best genre to 100% solo in. Sadly EVE and SWG are only two that do it. And SWG is dead, and it is rather outdated anyway. Ryzom has an amazing world but is 100% group.

But why do they make sandbox games clones of call of duty death match? Darkfall, Mortal Online, Everquest Next...all deathmatch clones of each other. EVE may have PVP everywhere, but in hi-sec it happens rarely (still careful) and it isn't a deathmatch clone. And SWG was just more advanced than any MMO out to day.

So, any MMOs like EVE or SWG out there? Without a lame deathmatch clone added to it in disguise of content?

Also I'm pissed right now cause I got to max level in WoW, only to find out I'm forced to group if I want to progress. WTF? I don't have to in EVE or SWG or most other sandbox games. Thats why I hate themeparks, they are so bad. And singleplayer games are worse.

well, I'll look back tomorrow, gonna smoke more :D

Comments

• IHateSingleplayerRPGIHateSingleplayerRPG Member Posts: 3

btw, I paid so much money for a max level 90 WoW character. That is why I'm so pissed right now. Find out, I buy just to be forced to group. Wasted so much money I could have used to smoke with!!!!!! SUCH BS!

And everyone said WoW and themeparks were best solo mmos. but they aren't! sandbox are! at least SWG and EVE (oh and the granddaddy of them all is ultima online, oh boy is that a hot game I could look at at night)

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311
    I don't even.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    Didn't read any of your post cause I don't really care, but if you can deal with shit graphics Ultima Online is pretty much completely soloable and is a sandbox.
  • HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by fodell54
    Didn't read any of your post cause I don't really care, but if you can deal with shit graphics Ultima Online is pretty much completely soloable and is a sandbox.

I'd second this. Depending on your desired level of sandbox, there are..... ways to play the oldschool version of the game.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by IHateSingleplayerRPG

EVE I can solo 100% of the time. I live in nullsec in an area that sees only 1-2 people a day...make lots of money. Even have a station. I go to hi-sec to trade and stock up and what not. But, what I want is something on land. Be it sci-fi or fantasy.

You see, I only solo in MMOs. And you can see my username, I hate singleplayer RPGs...they are a scam. Pay 50 dollars, get maybe a few content updates...pay big bucks for DLC and then dead and company moves on. Like bethesda is shit, but at least makes decent singleplayer RPGs...but then completely abandons them. Singleplayer RPGs have horrible economy, horrible updates (win the game, pay 50 bucks for a new one) and horrible everything. Skyrim is better, but it never updates so no new content ever. And if there was, I'd pay tons of money on lame DLCs over and over.

Thats why I play MMOs. Vibrant economy, amazing updates for only 15 a month (instead of 50 dollars every few days buying a new game)...and they don't tend to get abandoned like lame singleplayer RPGs. Singleplayer RPGs are a complete scam and they know it.

But I can't find any MMO that is a sandbox that is 100% soloable. And themeparks are even worse for soloing. Themeparks are forced grouping 100% of the time.

In WoW...solo all the way to max level...then freakin forced to group with people I either like or not! BUT I"M FORCED TO DO IT! if I want to see story...FORCED GROUP...do anything...FORCED GROUP...FORCED GROUP FORCED! I HATE ITT IT IT HATE HATE!'

Every themepark is a lame forced group MMO in disguise of a solo game.

What I'm looking for is SWG but more modern graphics. SWG I could solo 100% of the time. I setup a house in a big player city, did tons of trading and socializing and roleplaying...and then I could go out and hunt or go to my factories to get supplies to craft.

Sandbox games are by far the best genre to 100% solo in. Sadly EVE and SWG are only two that do it. And SWG is dead, and it is rather outdated anyway. Ryzom has an amazing world but is 100% group.

But why do they make sandbox games clones of call of duty death match? Darkfall, Mortal Online, Everquest Next...all deathmatch clones of each other. EVE may have PVP everywhere, but in hi-sec it happens rarely (still careful) and it isn't a deathmatch clone. And SWG was just more advanced than any MMO out to day.

So, any MMOs like EVE or SWG out there? Without a lame deathmatch clone added to it in disguise of content?

Also I'm pissed right now cause I got to max level in WoW, only to find out I'm forced to group if I want to progress. WTF? I don't have to in EVE or SWG or most other sandbox games. Thats why I hate themeparks, they are so bad. And singleplayer games are worse.

well, I'll look back tomorrow, gonna smoke more :D

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Skyrim

You make me like charity

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Why do people make dumb troll accounts to post troll threads on ?
  • IHateSingleplayerRPGIHateSingleplayerRPG Member Posts: 3

I just got archeage early access. :D Got it for only 100 dollars. Hopefully it turns out better than WoW did, that was a ripoff...paid so much for it and then paid to have a level 90 character only to force to group.

Archeage looks awesome though. And looks really solable.

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023

u can play the secret world...well its not a sandbox, but its a great solo experience with awesome quests and characters...

ps: you hate being forced to group but call yourself ihatesingleplay...???

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Why do people play MMOs if they want to play alone? 

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Istaria you can solo everything pretty much. Probably have to considering the size of the player base.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Asheron's Call is completely 100% soloable, but like any MMO you'll have more enjoyment while grouped.  Not to mention you would have the ability to tackle tougher quests earlier.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Tyggs
    Why do people play MMOs if they want to play alone? 

Why do people want others to play a certain way?  Forced grouping is horrible.  But then again I bet you routinely have a group of guild mates or friends to play with so you never have to go through the hassle of trying to find groups.  Same reason why not having a dungeon finder or group finder in an MMO is a horrible decision.

As an avid lover of old school design I can't help feeling that certain modern MMO functions have made the genre much better.  Dungeon Finders, Auction Houses and solo ability are the 2 main ones.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Wurm online... you cant handle that sandbox.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256

I don't know if we have any sandbox RPG , minecraft are RPG ?

But if there are , then it 100% soloable , since it RPG.

This discussion has been closed.