Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its a pitty... the game feels so underveloped

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

The game has like 6 classes, from which only 1 can be a healer and another can be a tank (yet they can also function in DPS roles)

The game should have had at least 10 to 15 classes by now,  i think people would even play real time money to play additinonal classes...  with the 3rd chapter released, it really gerts to me, what are these devs thinking?  DOnt they want to make money with this game?

This fact alone kills the replayabillity of this game for me.... while there is lots and lots of content (mostly player created) there is no reason to return with only the 6 classes so far....

On top of that, the main feature of the game keeps underdeveloped after release... to my knowledge still no updated loot tables for player created content... and no bosses or bosscripting... and no option to add PvP enabled to player created content... or  create content for groups or raids ...

Most of all, i hate it that this game ruined the Forgotten realms for me....  I have been looking so much forward to a game in the 3.5 D&D setting with all the great heroes and the great game systems.... sadly it ended up like this..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

2 classes can tank, although tanks aren't really needed.  They don't follow the holy trinity in this game so there's absolutely no need for more tanks and healers.

I find the classes unique and would rather them add more unique and fully fleshed out classes rather than a bunch of unnecessary ones.

In any case, Mod4 is coming out in August and there will probably be a new class in that one.  

D&D has like what, 40 classes or something?  Some things just don't translate well to MMO.

• DelondialDelondial Member UncommonPosts: 124

While this game has its issues, a lack of class diversity/ numbers is not one of them. Every class feels indigenous from one another, and forces the player to make quick delicious in dungeon/ pvp scenarios. Decisions that feel satisfying to execute. And while it's true that the developer tools do not have an incredibly robust system for scripting and the like, players still come up with very creative solutions to get around those inherent limitations. 

As I said, there are some real problems with this game that made me finally drop it after nearly a year of play. But I just don't agree with your assessment. 

Clever things.