Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This update added more bugs than the ones fixed

Comments

• LagKingBongLagKingBong Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by Scot

I really wish I was omnipresent like the OP. That way I would have experienced all the post patch bugs on the same day the patch came out.

That's right, we are expected to believe that on the same day the patch came out he experienced every one of the bugs on his list.

Or has he just looked at some forums and cut and pasted what some posters have been saying? I have been playing since the patch too and not seen one of the bugs he mentioned. Would the OP care to tell us which of those bugs he has actually bumped I into himself?

The net sum of every bug every player has ever experienced in a MMO is Not equal to the number bugs an individual player sees. Some posters on here need to get their head round that Rocket Science concept.

I don't think you are expected to believe anything..speculating on a motive rather than solely the content of the post is rather unbecoming no? Lets comment on the facts please.

On a related note: I personally have experienced some weird death lag errors which lead to 4 instances of the same loading screen bug (all in Deshaan where it would refresh the loading screen message 3x a second until you closed the application and spammed ESC/'E' & hoped it would respawn you to a shrine before bugging the client out again), old quests not working, VR mobs were fucked up til a few hrs ago (they hot fixed just a bit ago), rollbacks while I was still in game (granted it was only a 30 sec rollback & I was at the bank so no biggie there but still definitely weird), a memory leak, Drunken PvP in my guild got cut short after the first hour in Wabba due to EXTREME server-side lag and group bugs (idk about the other campaigns), and some pretty bad weapon swap lag after they announced it was fixed.

And this is off the top of my head, there were more. Some of these game-breaking issues affected ALL players. I wouldn't go as far as post in an MMO forum "I'm unsubbing!" like a little girl but I definitely have had better ESO days. Most being prior to April 4th where the most annoying bug was the horse dismount thing.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Originally posted by LagKingBong

I really wish I was omnipresent like the OP. That way I would have experienced all the post patch bugs on the same day the patch came out.

That's right, we are expected to believe that on the same day the patch came out he experienced every one of the bugs on his list.

Or has he just looked at some forums and cut and pasted what some posters have been saying? I have been playing since the patch too and not seen one of the bugs he mentioned. Would the OP care to tell us which of those bugs he has actually bumped I into himself?

The net sum of every bug every player has ever experienced in a MMO is Not equal to the number bugs an individual player sees. Some posters on here need to get their head round that Rocket Science concept.

I don't think you are expected to believe anything..speculating on a motive rather than solely the content of the post is rather unbecoming no? Lets comment on the facts please.

On a related note: I personally have experienced some weird death lag errors which lead to 4 instances of the same loading screen bug (all in Deshaan where it would refresh the loading screen message 3x a second until you closed the application and spammed ESC/'E' & hoped it would respawn you to a shrine before bugging the client out again), old quests not working, VR mobs were fucked up til a few hrs ago (they hot fixed just a bit ago), rollbacks while I was still in game (granted it was only a 30 sec rollback & I was at the bank so no biggie there but still definitely weird), a memory leak, Drunken PvP in my guild got cut short after the first hour in Wabba due to EXTREME server-side lag and group bugs (idk about the other campaigns), and some pretty bad weapon swap lag after they announced it was fixed.

And this is off the top of my head, there were more. Some of these game-breaking issues affected ALL players. I wouldn't go as far as post in an MMO forum "I'm unsubbing!" like a little girl but I definitely have had better ESO days. Most being prior to April 4th where the most annoying bug was the horse dismount thing.

I think speculating on motive as well as content is always relevant in life, but I am happy to discuss content. I have been on TESO again today and not seen one bug you or the other guy mentioned. Not one.

Can you tell us how you are certain you had a memory leak as opposed to lag?

Now maybe this is because I am on the EU server or I have no add-ons which might effect performance, or a campaign which is not capped on players. Any of these are possible but do not seem likely to me.

So it comes down to this, if I am seeing nothing bug wise and posters say they are seeing everything and kitchen sinks flying through the sky you can understand why I am a tad sceptical about such posts. Not saying no bugs exist, just the impact on a average player is nil. I am leaving Keep play out here, not had a chance to see if there have been any effects on really large  group PvP as yet.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

not surprised,I will not be re subbing zenimax is starting to irritate me now.

please todd howard make the next elders scrolls game with an option to play together in small groups so we all can call ESO a bad memory from money hungry wankers.

• OlivexOlivex Member Posts: 7

Scot, perhaps a perusal of the actual Elder Scrolls forum, particularly those under the Customer Support topic, will allay some of your concerns, if you haven't been there already.

Regardless of the OP's "motive," the sheer number of posts on ESO's official message boards, not to mention the thousands of players and interested parties who have taken the time to visit those ESO threads, would indicate there are a large number of issues associated with the latest update. 

ESO sent an email to every new subscriber with an invitation code to register for their forum. I imagine there are thousands of players, like me, who deleted that email and now can't register for the forums without contacting ESO customer support directly. I wonder how many more posts would exist if registration were a simpler process. 

• RegomarRegomar Member Posts: 122

It's really rather unbelievable that people are claiming that their entire guild of 40+ people have seen none of these bugs.  I'm sorry, but that's bologna.  All three of my fairly large guilds (all of whom are usually quite positive about the game, myself included) have experienced at least a few of these bugs.

Since patching I have been hit with an infinite loading screen, the memory leak crashing the game, and quests randomly disappearing from my log.  Even when I can log in at all, the initial loading screen before I get to the character select has gone from taking mere seconds before the patch to almost 3 minutes every time.  Something is WRONG.

I've defended this game staunchly since launch.  I LOVE the quests, the lore, the exploration, the combat, the PvP...  but these bugs are simply out of control.  You'd really have to be outright delusional at this point to pretend that people experiencing bugs in this game are a minority.  

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I will say something that i said even back in the Vanguard days.

If you want a REAL good product you had better expect some problems.The games that do VERY little,have weak systems,basically a lazy effort in game design are of course going to suffer from less problems.

I am not a fan of TESO but i can say that imo it is one of the top 7 or 8 MMORPG's of all time.I stuck by EQ2 for many years and still play sometimes and it STILL has bugs.I know it is an excuse but it really is reality,bugs and glitches are never going to disappear from MMO's,these are businesses,they RUSH products ALL the time.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I really don't see the reason in putting out a major patch before a holiday weekend.  It's something programmers used to do so they don't have to hear about problems right after an update.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534
    Originally posted by Regomar

It's really rather unbelievable that people are claiming that their entire guild of 40+ people have seen none of these bugs.  I'm sorry, but that's bologna.  All three of my fairly large guilds (all of whom are usually quite positive about the game, myself included) have experienced at least a few of these bugs.

Since patching I have been hit with an infinite loading screen, the memory leak crashing the game, and quests randomly disappearing from my log.  Even when I can log in at all, the initial loading screen before I get to the character select has gone from taking mere seconds before the patch to almost 3 minutes every time.  Something is WRONG.

I've defended this game staunchly since launch.  I LOVE the quests, the lore, the exploration, the combat, the PvP...  but these bugs are simply out of control.  You'd really have to be outright delusional at this point to pretend that people experiencing bugs in this game are a minority.  

I do have to ask: have you disabled addons?  Because a lot of them break with patches.

No one in any of my 4 large trading guilds have reported any problems with quests, etc.  A few did complain about the tough vet level monsters (now fixed). The way that memory leaks work is machine-specific and I'm totally willing to believe that some people are experiencing it.  But with so many PC configurations and Internet providers, it's not universal.

The OP is a surreal distortion of what's actually happening in the game.  It's not enough to dislike a game, apparently; it's necessary to exaggerate, chain everything together, and in general dump on it.

For example, in this patch they fixed problems with shared chests in dungeons; patched a number of mild glitches up (questing is now extremely smooth; anyone claiming the contrary is not basing their experience on the current game.) Armor repair costs are way down.  My nightblade is doing very well, with a lot of fixes (contrary to the typical forum moaners claiming "my class is broken in PvP.  Sound familiar to anyone who's every played any game)?

I like it a lot; and I haven't even gotten to Craglorn.

Originally posted by Olivex

Scot, perhaps a perusal of the actual Elder Scrolls forum, particularly those under the Customer Support topic, will allay some of your concerns, if you haven't been there already.

Regardless of the OP's "motive," the sheer number of posts on ESO's official message boards, not to mention the thousands of players and interested parties who have taken the time to visit those ESO threads, would indicate there are a large number of issues associated with the latest update. 

ESO sent an email to every new subscriber with an invitation code to register for their forum. I imagine there are thousands of players, like me, who deleted that email and now can't register for the forums without contacting ESO customer support directly. I wonder how many more posts would exist if registration were a simpler process. 

The people who want to post will find a way.  Yes, the forums light up with a patch, which is 100% predicatable.  The people who like the exploits that were closed complain; the people whose abiities were reduced complain; the people who wanted changes that didn't make it live complain.  There was a big uproar about an unntended buff to high-end mobs, and a lot of whining from my fellow nightblades (which I find utterly bizarre, especially in the face of a forum post indicating that the class will be the focus of the next patch.)  There are even funny things - people complaining about a reduction in drop rates for motifs used for crafting, and it turned out that the actual effective rate was significantly raised.  This should tell you something about the reliability of forum complaints...

This pattern would happen whether the patch was bug-free or bug-ridden.

• ProblemProblem Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

After the update:

- VR mobs have 50%-100% more HP/Damage, all except the ones added by Craglorn, those are actually weaker compared to the old lower VR mobs....

- game is freezing up and crashing for a lot of people

- character appearance was changed for some

- a new loading screen bug prevents many from playing

- some get no experience for completed quests

- many things should have been fixed but are not

- templar is getting delays on its most used/one of the most used abilities

- memory leaks

- achievements are gone for 2 of the 3 factions

- new mount bugs

- an entire PvP campaign was deleted

- new UI bug makes it unresponsive

- skill points missing 

So yea... they should really hire testers....

- VR mobs have 50%-100% more HP/Damage, all except the ones added by Craglorn, those are actually weaker compared to the old lower VR mobs.... (It was fixed couple of hours after the patch)

- game is freezing up and crashing for a lot of people (not for me)

- character appearance was changed for some (what type of drugs are you using?)

- a new loading screen bug prevents many from playing (not for me)

- some get no experience for completed quests (not for me)

- many things should have been fixed but are not (true)

- templar is getting delays on its most used/one of the most used abilities (same as NB)

- memory leaks (nope)

- achievements are gone for 2 of the 3 factions (dunno about that)

- new mount bugs (nope)

- an entire PvP campaign was deleted (duh and more will be)

- new UI bug makes it unresponsive (nope)

- skill points missing (nope)

Are you a hater by any chance?

Citizen: Preach your filth elsewhere!

Some interesting things they did.  They fix some of the problems voiced during testing but they don't test the updated build after.  I noticed they gave console players a deal which allows transfers of characters to consoles later.  This keeps their number of players up as many console players are now added.  

I really hope they learn from their mistakes cause this is really a great game.  And to the people who say they are doing a great job, if that's true for the majority of players then the game won't be a ghost town after three months which is a good thing.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217

its a horible game now....

the place i cold make a bit a gold , no loot no more

and the mobs went form level 50 to vet 5

pvp no one can kill hte mercs or what you do now is wait ill the causlties for that mount and hten flood out wiht a small force to gank them....

the client is leaking memory so bad now if you dont stop and restart the game every 30 minutes it will crash

people already have vet 12......ya right i can barely reach vet 2 and your what?

i just cancled the sub so on 15th or so of next month im done....

and this is the last MMO i spend money on ....PERIOD

all the addons are mucked.....

people are so nice in thegame now... forget it , this wont last till console comes.

• chronoss2015chronoss2015 Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by ohioastro
    Originally posted by Olivex

The people who want to post will find a way.  Yes, the forums light up with a patch, which is 100% predicatable.  The people who like the exploits that were closed complain; the people whose abiities were reduced complain; the people who wanted changes that didn't make it live complain.  There was a big uproar about an unntended buff to high-end mobs, and a lot of whining from my fellow nightblades (which I find utterly bizarre, especially in the face of a forum post indicating that the class will be the focus of the next patch.)  There are even funny things - people complaining about a reduction in drop rates for motifs used for crafting, and it turned out that the actual effective rate was significantly raised.  This should tell you something about the reliability of forum complaints...

This pattern would happen whether the patch was bug-free or bug-ridden.

bots still farming ...yes

bots making it impossible to gte gold ..nearly

pvp lag and client memory leaks make impossible ot get

where i used ot go as a vet one and farm where bots could not go....saw one get killed and that was it for bots. well the loot rate is so low that i cant afford hte repair rates....game over.

molag bal....YOU NEED TO HAVE ONE KINDA OF SETUP TO DEFEAT HIM

ask yourself is that the fraking way ot make a game design force me for thelast boss to respec and then back so i can do anything?

NO thats actually game over. patch meant loot rates are even lower ..look at xozne chat for mitiffs that dont give you any abilities ......

ask yourself what the hell anyone needs 100+ k gold in this game for?

NO REALLY

why to sell back to you for real cash....

NOW take another look at those zone chats

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    I haven't had any issues on the list... except I mean the unlimited spawning of NPCs in cyrodiil is kind of lame. The people I play with haven't either. Maybe it's only a small percentage? Granted...all my quests worked in beta and on the launch day except one mage guild quest in the 20s...so maybe I just have the perfect set-up :P.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    what did you expect? They are more busy swindling money from oculus rift. no time to fix bugs, why should they? fixing bugs won't get them as much money.  

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    what did you expect? They are more busy swindling money from oculus rift. no time to fix bugs, why should they? fixing bugs won't get them as much money.  

Zenimax Online is part of Zenimax studios. Zenimax Online management has nothing to do with oculus. 

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Zenimax is bunch of amateurs. That's your problem ^^

Absolutely no gold spam in general chat either...looks like another big bot sweep.  And lots of resource nodes free too.

Edit: and repair rates, and costs , are much lower.

Edit2: if you can reach vet 1, the other alliance starter zones are stuffed full of resource nodes and you have little competition for them.  Gather away!

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Yes i agree it added a lot of good things too...  well it added the much needed fixes, cleared some bots and so on....

But their support forums are also full of people asking for help and unable to play... i don`t think they can survive like that.

I`m still in, i have 165 days left and they won`t refund anything so i`ll play until i finish the story at least... i just don`t like that they keep adding exploits and don`t do anything about it. I won`t make them known here but there are a bunch right now being used by a lot of people and no new player will ever catch up.

Originally posted by Bannuk

After the update:

- VR mobs have 50%-100% more HP/Damage, all except the ones added by Craglorn, those are actually weaker compared to the old lower VR mobs....

- memory leaks

- new mount bugs

- skill points missing 

What really kills me is that I have yet to experience a single bug listed above excluding the PvP campaign and Templar issues.  I have yet to create a Templar so there's why for that one and yes the lower VR mobs are hitting crazy hard now.

Now I'm not saying these bugs are BS.  It just makes me shake my head because the only issues I've had were bugged quests (just experienced my 3rd bugged quest tonight), and before this patch I would have to toggle the mail button in combat because I would become unresponsive, but that hasn't happened at all since the patch for me.

Hiring testers wouldn't be such a bad idea especially since more and more people that are involved with testing aren't truly testing anything.  They just want to get an early start or figure out where they need to go or what needs to be done so they can rush through the content once it goes live.

Impossible. The Memory Leak is there for everyone... play, look at RAM usage then check back in one hour... see how it goes up and up and away.

The skill points missing are only for people who did a respec so if you did one and are a templar you will get it.

CPU freeze in cities... all the people in my guild got them once every 1-2 hours.... it used to happen in beta, it was fixed now its back again.

They deleted an entire PvP campaign by mistake... you can clearly see that... 

As a player who got most of the bugs + others i had before like PvP bonuses not applying, the UI not showing and so on... i was not happy. I have a good PC, i run it on max with no problems except the bugs listed here + many others. 

Experience may vary... but you experienced some of the bugs if you logged in, you just did not notice them. Same as people who say they see no bots... while i report 50 daily and there were no harvesting nodes anywhere...

Have fun!

Originally posted by LagKingBong

Can you tell us how you are certain you had a memory leak as opposed to lag?

Now maybe this is because I am on the EU server or I have no add-ons which might effect performance, or a campaign which is not capped on players. Any of these are possible but do not seem likely to me.

Let me explain how you know: You look at how much memory the game uses... then in 1 hour you look again and if it went up significantly... then yea its a memory leak. Say the first time its at 4GB, if its at 6GB 1h later then its a memory leak.

If you don`t close the game and reopen it you will eventually run out of memory. 

Now you know. :p They confirmed it anyway....

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

After the update:

- memory leaks

- new mount bugs

- skill points missing 

Taken from Official Site

"As of 9PM EDT on 5/23, we have completed a hotfix on both megaservers that reverted the difficulty of Veteran Rank content (50+ and 50++) to what it was prior to patch 1.1.2. Thank you for your patience as we fixed the issue."

You can scratch one off the list. On the same note, quick response from devs, I give them that. Expect more hotfixes on the way.

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Bannuk

After the update:

- memory leaks

- new mount bugs

- skill points missing 

What really kills me is that I have yet to experience a single bug listed above excluding the PvP campaign and Templar issues.  I have yet to create a Templar so there's why for that one and yes the lower VR mobs are hitting crazy hard now.

Now I'm not saying these bugs are BS.  It just makes me shake my head because the only issues I've had were bugged quests (just experienced my 3rd bugged quest tonight), and before this patch I would have to toggle the mail button in combat because I would become unresponsive, but that hasn't happened at all since the patch for me.

Hiring testers wouldn't be such a bad idea especially since more and more people that are involved with testing aren't truly testing anything.  They just want to get an early start or figure out where they need to go or what needs to be done so they can rush through the content once it goes live.

Impossible. The Memory Leak is there for everyone... play, look at RAM usage then check back in one hour... see how it goes up and up and away.

The skill points missing are only for people who did a respec so if you did one and are a templar you will get it.

CPU freeze in cities... all the people in my guild got them once every 1-2 hours.... it used to happen in beta, it was fixed now its back again.

They deleted an entire PvP campaign by mistake... you can clearly see that... 

As a player who got most of the bugs + others i had before like PvP bonuses not applying, the UI not showing and so on... i was not happy. I have a good PC, i run it on max with no problems except the bugs listed here + many others. 

Experience may vary... but you experienced some of the bugs if you logged in, you just did not notice them. Same as people who say they see no bots... while i report 50 daily and there were no harvesting nodes anywhere...

Have fun!

I will admit that I have not checked my ram usage so you might be correct about that, but I haven't seen the need to monitor my RAM usage.  The game is and has ran great on my laptop.  If it is there, and it may be, it hasn't been as bad as say Vanguard's was where you could almost set your watch by the regular crashes it's memory leaks caused.

Now, as far as bugs go.  I know what bugs are, probably have way more experience identifying, categorizing, and prioritizing the burn down of said bugs than the vast majority here.  I report them as I find them but I have not experienced half of what you listed.  Still not saying you aren't having them, all I can speak for is myself and I haven't seen them is all.

You said it yourself, experience may vary and it appears ours are completely different and that is a real problem in my book.  There shouldn't be this much of a variation in people's experiences.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

Very interesting.....

I have come back to test out the patch and have had NO ISSUES what-so-ever! Most of the people in my guilds and in chat have had nothing but excitement and positive experiences from the patch. In most cases everyone has seen an increase to their game performance and fps, along with increase to graphic display quality.

There have been a few tool tip glitches and UI bugs but nothing that makes it unplayable. 

I was going to unsubscribe before the patch, but now with the game engine tweaks and performance boosts I will be coming back.

Originally posted by NobleNerd

Very interesting.....

I have come back to test out the patch and have had NO ISSUES what-so-ever! Most of the people in my guilds and in chat have had nothing but excitement and positive experiences from the patch. In most cases everyone has seen an increase to their game performance and fps, along with increase to graphic display quality.

There have been a few tool tip glitches and UI bugs but nothing that makes it unplayable. 

I was going to unsubscribe before the patch, but now with the game engine tweaks and performance boosts I will be coming back.

No issues, then you say tool tip glitches and UI bugs.  Why were you going to unsubscribe when you and your guild had no issues?  I'm confused by this post.

As to the many problems I ran into I believe a lot could be avoided if they just opened the test server to everyone and retested the fixes (all of them) for at least 24 hours before putting them out in live.  Clearly final fixes without testing isn't working out to great.