Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar - Will you purchase it or not and why? (Poll)

Comments

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    No, because it's not interesting enough to me to pay that much or put that much time into it.  I'm just not impressed by this year's MMO's.
  • AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    No, I happy in my present MMO and it doesn't offer anything new.
      OMG I am Ancient!
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Re skill in raids, blizzard Imply content should be easier over time, because everyone is entitled to see everything.

In wildstar the simple assumption is that people (including casuals) get better over Time both in terms of skill and gear do no need to dumb down - leave it tough and let people have the utter satisfaction of progressing at their own level. Finally, just because you can't see all the bosses in the first few months does not mean that the raid is not fun.

As soon as you break away from the 'need' to upgrade stat points every week you realise how pointless and dull a treadmill is when getting to the end is guaranteed.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• 43%burnt43%burnt Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by 43%burnt
    Originally posted by Voiidiin

I played the open beta till i hit 25. 

Wait, let me rephrase that, i forced myself to play until i hit 25. 

For me the game was dull, boring, with nothing to really look forward to.

Exactly my reasons for not to buy it. Which sucks, since as I said before, I love the world and the design.

OT but...Dillinger song?:) If so it's their best IMO.

Yupp =)

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Quesa
    Originally posted by Xarko
    No, because Ive already bought it, played it and quit it several times over the last decade.

Hahaha, I got this.

Kudos to you sir.

That put a big smile on my face.image

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Will purchase it, but I got a feeling it will go to f2p when the hype dies down.
  • quixadhalquixadhal Member UncommonPosts: 215

Already bought it.  It looks like a sci-fi setting Guild Wars 2, but maybe without the disasterous endgame that happened when they removed the trinity but didn't put any OTHER kind of structure in place.  IE: everyone in GW2 just does DPS and heals themselves with almost no cooperation happening.

It also looks like it may launch with most of the major gameplay features in place, actual content for all levels, and enough secondary systems (crafting, housing, etc) to make it interesting for a couple months at least.  That alone is worth the $45 I paid for it.  If it stays interesting beyond a few months, so much the better.

• AzucArSaladAzucArSalad Member UncommonPosts: 63

I do not now about end game raids, but for leveling is the most enjoyable themepark nowadays because its dynamic combat system: you need to move all the time, you do not click + pewpew, instead you aim at target -even healing is not clicking targets-.

Besides, you have BG, mounts (not pets unless you become engineer class) and housing (instanced, not in the game world). Also, I like the crafting because it is not a grinding fest.

Downsides: some fps problems (they were working on improving this), visual cartoonish mess, quest not very history driven (upside: most NPC's are humorous).

Maybe FF XIV is a better themepark (and has the cheapest subscription plan: 8 euro/month) but the boss fights there are totally repetitive. I quitted FFF XIV when they transformed end game into a repetitive grinding game.

^.^'

• AzucArSaladAzucArSalad Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Originally posted by TK-422
    Will purchase it, but I got a feeling it will go to f2p when the hype dies down.

You can buy you monthly subscription with in game currency. So, it is already f2p for hardcore players.

^.^'

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247

Wildstar was my quickest uninstall in the past decade. The movement didn't feel intuitive or smooth to me. I really can't stand the art style or sound. I'm not accustomed to hating such superficial things so much that it kills any chance of enjoyment, this is the first game I've played to reach that territory.

I'm not headed back to ESO any time soon. Everquest has been awful for a decade. The original Guild Wars feels so outdated and clunky now. I guess I'm just waiting for The Repopulation beta, EQ Next, or perhaps going back to TSW until ESO gets fixed - if that ever happens. But all that is besides the point, just stream of thought.

- Nellus

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029

no average game nothing new here.

sad to say but elders scrolls also is not what I was hoping for but mush better than wild star-I played a view beta weekends.

dark souls and dark souls 2 are great why not make all role playing games like these,like single player but you cansummon people for the rpg games and for the mmos with lots of people playing together make a huge world and let us loose in it not a theme park ride that is boring and predictable.

they should have taken all the little worlds of eso and blended them together.

they don't make what we want they first see how mush money and how quickly they can get their investment back then think of what gamers want,I will vote with my wallet no thanks wildstar you will not see a sent from me.

• kurosenshukurosenshu Member UncommonPosts: 49

I won't be purchasing WS.

Reasons:

1 - holy trinity.

2 - archaic fetch style quest system.

3 - vertical progression system based on raids and all that annoying POS.

4 - cannot play a chua stalker or warrior.

5 - the game is not worth the sub fee.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910

Not sure if I answered this poll or another but will be buying it.

As to why the dungeon mechanic and the holy trinity with the hard content.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Lol An mmorg that plays lIke a single player game, that's up not an mmorpg that's a....single player game. 9 years investment is more than any other game developed practically, do rushing to get their investment back - I dont think so. Advise you play single player games and not mmorpg themeparks as you have clearly grown tired of them, many haven't and are looking forward to this game.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Sadly no I will not be purchasing this one. I know a few of my close friends and I were excited to play the game. For whatever reason, my pc can handle other games just fine and cannot run WS even on lower settings without FPS issues and stutters. I had hoped that by open beta the issue would have been resolved but not only has it not been, but my best friend tried it and found it choppy as well and I know his PC can more than handle it. Due to performance issues and performance issues alone, I will have to give it a pass. From what I have experienced, there is no reason the game should be performance hogging like it has been. Best of luck to the rest of you.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Not purchasing it.  Just not interested in playing another MMO.  Likely the one I'm playing now will be my last one as it is.  The genre just doesn't do much for me anymore.
  • CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    I had a really great time in beta and have already pre-purchased it.  I was more surprised then anyone about how much I like this game.  I expected this to be just another beta that comes and goes, but the game really sucked me in.
  • cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

I said no .

I would love to give my honest opinion why this is the case but last time I did that I got a warning from the moderators  who don't  like honest opinions. 

So I'll just say .. It's not my kind of game.

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• Jagwar_FangJagwar_Fang Member UncommonPosts: 264
    I will not be buying this game.  There just isn't anything in it that appeals to me or grabs me and makes me want to play it.  In other words, it's just not for me. 
  • HexamusHexamus Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Pfft no question. Hell yeah. It's a great game. Doing great things. I played ESO didn't like it. WoW is got boring. Wildstar I tried and it caught my attention in a very good way. I'm excited. 
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Yeah I've pre-ordered it and can't wait to start.

It's a very very fun game with lots of different content.

It also helps that the devs are quite awesome :)

..Cake..

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

No, i already play more than enough MMO's (FFXIV;ARR, SW;TOR, Eve Online) if i had any inclination to play Wildstar i'd probably just reactivate my old WoW account image

It does look like a reasonably good game though, and i suspect it will probably do well, its just not for me.image

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by Phry

No, i already play more than enough MMO's (FFXIV;ARR, SW;TOR, Eve Online) if i had any inclination to play Wildstar i'd probably just reactivate my old WoW account image

It does look like a reasonably good game though, and i suspect it will probably do well, its just not for me.image

You see, many MMO players like to have one single MMO that they can commit to. Having a bunch of characters in a bunch of different MMO's is pretty much like a jack of all trades, master of none.

MMO's are about longevity in a persistent world where you create a character and build on it, creating your own impact in that world.

Playing a bunch of MMO's in my opinion is just pointless, a time filler with no real goal behind it.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

I can get that you think that the palette  is similar and the art style but I simply cannot agree the game plays like WoW though. I suppose I must be missing something but I find the game quite unique or may be I'm just blinded by my fondness for the game.

I enjoy doing the funny quests and reading the books and lore and listening to the quests and the NPC's speech and I love the western art style and the little humour that with a blink of an eye you can miss sometimes. It is both subtle and in the face at the same time. The obvious caricatures of characters in both fantasy and alien stories and books that are reflected in so many aspects of the game. You come across an NPC and then you realise wow he actually reminds me of a character from a book  I read. I simply adore the fact that the world has been lovingly (and I mean this seriously) crafted and that the tiny details that have been put in it is from the imagination of someone who has read Charles Stross or  Jack L. Chalker or Terry Pratchett. I see it and it makes me smile.

Yes  may be I am blinded by the fact that I do enjoy doing the quests and am looking forward although with much trepidation to the group content I am going to suck at since I do not do twitch well. I will play an esper or medic as someone suggested though. I do want this game to do well because I sincerely think it is quite good.

The day I lose my ability to still enjoy a new game will be a sad day for me. I still get excited so sue me to play a new game. Well may be not like when I was playing Everquest in 1999 but I can still scrounge up a smidgen of excitement for this game.

Chamber of Chains
  • CleverjackCleverjack Member UncommonPosts: 72

I preordered the game.

-Pros-

Love that there is so much to do. Right out the gate there is so much content. The game opens up at lvl20+ but thats atleast better than ESo which opened up at lvl 13 when you could do your first dungeon, but then that was it you practically had already experienced all of the game. WS if you don't wanna quest que up for pvp, if you get tired of that Q up for a dungeon. If that gets stale go farm your garden at your house. I like the hectic combat and the way the action set up is. Love the lore and the Exiles reminds me of the browncoats from firefly.

-Cons-

I think the game will have an issue with PVE and PVP being to seggregated at end game. It was a Problem in SWTOR. At end game you either grinded pvp for commendations to get ya pvp set or your grinded dungeons to build ya pve gear, but if you got bored with that your gear wasn't good enough to do the other. That is a worry for me.  The devs talk so much about endgame 40 man raids, but I hope they don't neglect the 5man dundeons end game. I loove doing dungeons, but i'm not a fan of 40man raids that takes forever to do and don't feel rewarding for all the trouble.