Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unfortunately, we all know the truth about this game...

Comments

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

Wow so someone wants something new and now they are put in the "you are old, so it does not matter what you say". I guess kids will be kidsimage

I don't think that age has any thing to do with maturity.

I mean we have good examples of that in this thread.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I wanted to like this game, got my character level up and gave it a chance, but its nothing special and got boring very fast.   The game never got me excited story wise and I never had the encapsulated feeling I get when I get into a game and like it.  This is juts another game, not good, not bad but really just average.
    Originally posted by kairel182

I disagree.  The game ran terribly and the combat was gimmicky and very clunky. 

This is when everyone stopped reading, you see, they optimized the game, and you clearly didn't give it a go, or have bothered to be in the know enough to realize why the game is still being optimized, and yet it already HAS been quite a bit, even from open beta.

So sir, here is where everyone stopped reading.

Originally posted by sumdumguy1
    I wanted to like this game, got my character level up and gave it a chance, but its nothing special and got boring very fast.   The game never got me excited story wise and I never had the encapsulated feeling I get when I get into a game and like it.  This is juts another game, not good, not bad but really just average.

I remember some reviews of WoW when it came out that sounded much like this.

No really, a lot of people were playing EQ, and DAoC and they heard about this game called 'World of Warcraft' when they picked up a PC gamer mag, and they were like, man this looks pretty average, not good not bad, just average.

And look where it got them.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

No really, a lot of people were playing EQ, and DAoC and they heard about this game called 'World of Warcraft' when they picked up a PC gamer mag, and they were like, man this looks pretty average, not good not bad, just average.

OK laughing-man we get it you love wildstar. Do you really have to defend it teeth and nails?

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Nevulus

Wildstar is an exceptional artistic game. Combat feels smooth, dungeons & raids are fun. 

Stop saying "we" u dont speak for the masses. I have yet to see anyone in the industry share your opinion. You & 2 of your buddies don't speak for the MMO community  :)

Edit: My bad, I thought you were being serious. The comparison to WoW is a red flag for a troll post.

No, OP doesn't speak for the masses.

Neither do you, so stop pretending your opinions are facts.

Originally posted by Netspook

so stop pretending your opinions are facts.

I thought all mmo people had all the facts. They sure act like they do.

"if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

Wildstar is an exceptional artistic game. Combat feels smooth, dungeons & raids are fun. 

Stop saying "we" u dont speak for the masses. I have yet to see anyone in the industry share your opinion. You & 2 of your buddies don't speak for the MMO community  :)

Edit: My bad, I thought you were being serious. The comparison to WoW is a red flag for a troll post.

That's just your opinion though. . . .

• VicDynamoVicDynamo Member Posts: 234
    Originally posted by Bootez

We've seen this so often. Even I almost bought into the hype. And, at this point, who knows, I may fall into the insanity that is buying this game.

It is insanity for a reason: We keep buying these half-finished MMOs, hoping for that old feeling of adventure. I don't see how this game could possibly be any different. The MMO industry is repeating itself. But this game isn't smooth. It isn't a piece of art.

Art here is important. It is obvious this game isn't a piece of art. If you think I'm wrong, go look how all of the grass on the ground flows at the EXACT same time. It shouldn't. It should flow in waves. This game lacks the fine details that make a game a piece of art. I have yet to find an environment in this game that shows an artist's touch. They are talented, yes, but they aren't putting their souls into this game and it becomes painfully obvious when you take a close look at the textures and animations.

Just like all of the recently mmo releases (Apart from maybe Guild Wars 2?), this game fails in the art department. And unfortunately, that is what makes an MMO a living, breathing thing. It needs the fine details in combat as well as art to make it work, which is why WoW has dominated the scene for so long (Apart from Panda-land, which, regardless of how silly some of the expansion is, the environment is still a work of art). 

Deep down, I feel like we all know this. Even my most-excited gamer friends have realized the failure train that this game is on. 

For someone who supposedly understands art, you show a clear lack of understanding of the particular art style that WildStar employs. The criteria you are using to judge art style quality is absurd.

Cory Loftis was the lead designer (who has since been hired by Disney and helped make Wreck if Ralph and Frozen). His template is what the entire game is built around. His art and the artists that have followed are immensely talented and WildStar is more true to its own style than any game out there.

Plus, to call WildStar "unfinished" is the most ludicrous thing I've seen on these boards yet. Bash the art style, progression mechanics or what have you - but it's the single most feature complete game at release hands down. The game has been finished for some time and they're simply in polish mode. The first content patch at 28 days in will include a new zone and a new battleground. They already have an expansions worth of content in development over the next 12 months and the next 16 months of content is already in pre-production. "Unfinished" is not only uninformed, but it's also completely wrong.

Originally posted by sayuu

Is the way you highlighted that, some way to prove me wrong? Just saying because i did it the same way like one post above you, i am not talking trash, just curious.

*edit...im dumb

your 12/12/12 is so cool, just saying!  image

Just saw you were from the desert sayuu, peace brother.

OK laughing-man we get it you love wildstar. Do you really have to defend it teeth and nails?

Did I hit a nerve?  I'm sorry I upset you?

Why are you so mad to the point where you are spam posting about how much you hate this game?  I'm really kinda at a loss at this point.

Oh well I suppose.

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204

Wow so someone wants something new and now they are put in the "you are old, so it does not matter what you say". I guess kids will be kidsimage

Huh?

The idea was that he would be waiting for his "ideal" MMO for so long that he'd grow old, did you actually read the response or just "skim" those loooong 2 sentences? image

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by kairel182

I disagree.  The game ran terribly and the combat was gimmicky and very clunky. 

This is when everyone stopped reading, you see, they optimized the game, and you clearly didn't give it a go, or have bothered to be in the know enough to realize why the game is still being optimized, and yet it already HAS been quite a bit, even from open beta.

So sir, here is where everyone stopped reading.

I played until the very last day of open beta and it still ran like garbage on my good PC along with many other peoples. So no, you're incorrect.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• fearufearu Member UncommonPosts: 288

It's exactly the same as any other themepark MMO with the usual tweaks in various places, such as raiding and combat in this game, to attempt to distinguish itself in a sea of clones.

Although I agree that Wildstar is nothing special, I didn't figure that out by the way the grass flowed. I just played it, tried out the new stuff and decided it was meh and not for me.

Did I hit a nerve?  I'm sorry I upset you?

Why are you so mad to the point where you are spam posting about how much you hate this game?  I'm really kinda at a loss at this point.

Oh well I suppose.

Spam posting, really? I am pretty sure I have not talked trash about WS. Do you feel the need to talk down to people who do not agree with you?

If I was spam posting, I think I would have more than 5 posts today.

• NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Delerious1

While the op doesn't speak for the masses, I think alot of you glossing over his main points, which is about quality of design.  To some of you, realistically flowing grass may not be important.  Some of you may not care how your character looks when it strafes side to side.  Some of you may not care about realistic day/night cycles.  Some of you may not care about what the npc's generally do and say as the idle about, but some of us do.

A huge part of what makes an mmo great, is all the details that contribute to a game world feeling alive.

You took the words out of my mouth. THANK YOU.

I am one of those that like the details in a game. I am not talking about photo-realistic graphics. I am talking about details like in GW2 where many of the npcs throughout the world had random voice acted chit chat and in ESO where you have random encounters in the world like beggars and people upset because they are cold and you light a fire to warm them. I like grass to flow nicely and not look like someone stuck pieces of straw in the ground around me. I like it when it rains in the game and the ground and items reflect the wetness. Those things matter to me because they help immerse me in my game play.

The problem I have with Wildstar is it takes very little like that into consideration. It bearly takes anything serious and with that it does nothing to make me feel connected and immersed in the world and game play.

Originally posted by NobleNerd
    Originally posted by Delerious1

While the op doesn't speak for the masses, I think alot of you glossing over his main points, which is about quality of design.  To some of you, realistically flowing grass may not be important.  Some of you may not care how your character looks when it strafes side to side.  Some of you may not care about realistic day/night cycles.  Some of you may not care about what the npc's generally do and say as the idle about, but some of us do.

It bearly takes anything serious and with that it does nothing to make me feel connected and immersed in the world and game play.

image I feel the same way, disconnection. WS is awesome and wish it the best, but I feel disconnected from the world.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Chrisbox
    Originally posted by Laughing-man Originally posted by kairel182 I disagree.  The game ran terribly and the combat was gimmicky and very clunky. 
    This is when everyone stopped reading, you see, they optimized the game, and you clearly didn't give it a go, or have bothered to be in the know enough to realize why the game is still being optimized, and yet it already HAS been quite a bit, even from open beta.   So sir, here is where everyone stopped reading.
    I played until the very last day of open beta and it still ran like garbage on my good PC along with many other peoples. So no, you're incorrect.

I cant understand time after time why people believe that "it will be fixed before launch" will actually happen. Its almost like they know how realistic it is but still choose denial and game loyalty instead.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Never did i say it was fact. Reading is fundamental. Ya mad brah?

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I'm just glad the game is so poorly optimized that I have 21 - 39 fps running around solo.  While other current game are running 50+ fps.  If they can't figure out a way to optimize the game there is no point in talking about the other aspects.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Bootez

We've seen this so often. Even I almost bought into the hype. And, at this point, who knows, I may fall into the insanity that is buying this game.

It is insanity for a reason: We keep buying these half-finished MMOs, hoping for that old feeling of adventure. I don't see how this game could possibly be any different. The MMO industry is repeating itself. But this game isn't smooth. It isn't a piece of art.

Art here is important. It is obvious this game isn't a piece of art. If you think I'm wrong, go look how all of the grass on the ground flows at the EXACT same time. It shouldn't. It should flow in waves. This game lacks the fine details that make a game a piece of art. I have yet to find an environment in this game that shows an artist's touch. They are talented, yes, but they aren't putting their souls into this game and it becomes painfully obvious when you take a close look at the textures and animations.

Just like all of the recently mmo releases (Apart from maybe Guild Wars 2?), this game fails in the art department. And unfortunately, that is what makes an MMO a living, breathing thing. It needs the fine details in combat as well as art to make it work, which is why WoW has dominated the scene for so long (Apart from Panda-land, which, regardless of how silly some of the expansion is, the environment is still a work of art). 

Deep down, I feel like we all know this. Even my most-excited gamer friends have realized the failure train that this game is on. 

You know how stupid this sounds?

You dont give a single game related reason why this specific game would fail?

So you are telling me this game will fail because all others have failed too?

So you are telling me MMO´s allways fail?

Well... only for people that dont like MMO´s... thats the kind of people who call these games a fail

Move on to another genre, or go enjoy real life

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

Silly OP.  you spend the first 2 paragraphs talking about the importance of graphics then go on to imply that wow graphics is why wow is a success.  Wow graphics is 10 years older the Wildstar, Wildstar deliberately applying the same approach to graphic style but with more updateed tech and textures (something to do with the fact wildstar has wow developers on board)  And finally (oh this is critical) the grass in WOW is inferior to Wildstar and most mmo.

Half finished with 9 years of dev? Wow player scared to move on/protected perceived patch perchance? edit oh lol, GW2.

It's not about textures, It's about aesthetics, and though i no longer play either, WoW's aesthetics sure where a hell of a lot better then wildstars.