Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Fantasy version of PlanetSide 2?

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

So how about a gamecompany trying to do a planetside2 type of game but within the fantasy genre?

This type of game has a clear objective and smaller objective's within it's main objective, how you get there is totally up to you. You don't have to run from quest to quest since that seems to be a common complain among almost any MMORPG. The gameworld is still persistant.

I really believe there is a hugh market for that type of game but it has to be in a fantasy setting. And I think FURY failed because I don't believe that PVP players in MMO's seek lobby based games. Still think they want to play in a "world" yet they don't need too much story/quest or guidens to get there what they love most which often ends in endgame PVP.

Or could I be wrong?

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    and a nice Third Person perspective option as well.

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290
    the world pvp areas in GW2 and ESO already do this (and i'm sure many mmos with any mass pvp/sieges). Do you mean like this but without the pve?
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by emikochan
    the world pvp areas in GW2 and ESO already do this (and i'm sure many mmos with any mass pvp/sieges). Do you mean like this but without the pve?

In a way yes.

I think there arn't many fantasy based multiplayer games like we have with fps games so I asume many who do like the multiplayer aspect of PVP but want it fantasy based will seek that in MMORPG.

• YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    It would have to be the combat system of Chivalry in a persistent world with keeps to battle for...
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    What was so special about PS2? All I remember was being put in a playfield that coul;d have been any shooter and jsut shooitng everyone...I really didnt see anything great at all with that MMO.
  • BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554
    Yes I often dream about a game like this.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    What was so special about PS2? All I remember was being put in a playfield that coul;d have been any shooter and jsut shooitng everyone...I really didnt see anything great at all with that MMO.

This isn't about PS2 being special, this is about having planetside2 type of game in a fantasy settings, since as said I don't know many fantasy based games that do it like that.

It's also slightly based on reading the complaints about people that don't want quest "grinds", get to cap lvl to PVP and ignore most other things in a MMORPG. So thought this could be somewhat a solution for those type of gamers to have their PVP game.

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    FPS fantasy games have been dead pretty much since Hexen.  Swords and Sorcery like PlanetSide 2 would be fun.  
  • DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Camelot Unchained. Apparently, it doesn't have PVE zones, so it's basically a 3 faction RVR mmorpg all the way.