Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This update added more bugs than the ones fixed

alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

After the update:

- VR mobs have 50%-100% more HP/Damage, all except the ones added by Craglorn, those are actually weaker compared to the old lower VR mobs....

- game is freezing up and crashing for a lot of people

- character appearance was changed for some

- a new loading screen bug prevents many from playing

- some get no experience for completed quests

- many things should have been fixed but are not

- templar is getting delays on its most used/one of the most used abilities

- memory leaks

- achievements are gone for 2 of the 3 factions

- new mount bugs

- an entire PvP campaign was deleted

- new UI bug makes it unresponsive

- skill points missing 

So yea... they should really hire testers....

Comments

• NellusNellus Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

From what I hear the patch was one of the worst my friends have experienced in their gaming lives. It kinda figures, given how many issues went unresolved prior to release. However, not fixing everything that was screwed up in one patch isn't really an issue. It's going to take them several months to get the game in the kind of shape it should have been in for release. The rest of the criticisms are more than fair, and actually leave out a couple things I've heard about like rollbacks and container proximity problems.

- Nellus

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I needed a fresh download of 22 gigabyte and a 4 gigabyte patch before i could even start the game.
    4 hours later.....
    Loged in and was met with a infinite loading screen
    4 times in a row
    30 minutes later

Finaly in Cyrodiil ! freeze - freeze - freeze - freeze - crash - uninstalled totaly done with this failure of a mmo.
    Forums are on fire !
    Hope people unsub and let this mmo die with the rest of the mmo failures that dint made it.

Only people still playing after this month are the fanboys / the ignorant / and a few people that still might have a little hope the next patch will fix it.

What a mess this mmo is :)

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

We are not ignorants... i just used GTC`s but i`m trying to get a refund as this is... beyond bad.

I had no clue it will be so bad at launch AND only get worse after the first major patch....

Took a look at the site, and I find something really funny. The patch was a disaster, leaving the game in a worse state than it was pre-patch. NA patched yesterday, they had a day to realize how horrible it was. BUT THEY STILL PATCHED EU!! Wow. I'd be really pissed if I was an EU customer and Zenimax knowingly patched in gamebreaking issues. I can see arguing they should have rolled NA back to pre-patch if possible, but I don't think there's any debate that applying it to the EU server is a horrible decision.

If I go to Home Depot and buy paint, then discover after painting a room that it dries to a color that isn't what I anticipated - and looks like crap - I don't go and paint another room with that same color.

- Nellus

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    It is beyond my understanding why after all your complaints Mothanos looking at you ,you're still playing and subbing to this game. Leave no teach them not to roll out crap like this in the future. Hurt them where it matters.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

We are not ignorants... i just used GTC`s but i`m trying to get a refund as this is... beyond bad.

I had no clue it will be so bad at launch AND only get worse after the first major patch....

Oh the irony........

Good Luck with the refund. 

I didn't expect that there could be so many bug fixes in a single patch and be bug free. What did they fix? 200 bugs or something? That's like 3 a day if they started right at launch, meaning any sort of testing wouldn't be deep integration testing. Probably just testing the symptoms to ensure they're gone. I guess I'll see what others have to say before I cast my final decision on whether it is as bad as it's made out to be or not. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

[mod edit]

Are you really saying i`m making it up?

Have a look here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-customer-support - Its their Official Customer Support forum.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-general-discussion - this is their General Discussion forum.

You will see all the problems listed + many more on the first pages with a lot of people saying the same thing.

So there you go... you have proof. What next?

[mod edit]

Just wanted to point out that I'm generally an ESO defender, and I still read/post because I do plan on resubbing at some point in the future, if things ever get fixed. Actually, I'd say I'm an ESO realist. A fan of the game freely willing to point out the many flaws, but also voicing my opinion if I think people are treating it unfairly - like the "they didn't fix everything!" point above.

- Nellus

Just so you know i found another bug... tried to research my healing staff... it won`t let me, its greyed out. I did that a dozen times on many characters so i`m doing it all right, it just doesn`t work... 

I`m not sure if its just me, if its server wide and so on... i can`t know so i won`t say "everyone has this bug" as that would be be a lie. But it is a new bug introduced by this patch.... yey.

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    Originally posted by Slackker
    Originally posted by coorsguys

It's funny how it's always the same few screaming the sky is falling about eso.  It's nice that 99% of the other haters have moved on and we are left with the dedicated few .

Just wanted to point out that I'm generally an ESO defender, and I still read/post because I do plan on resubbing at some point in the future, if things ever get fixed. Actually, I'd say I'm an ESO realist. A fan of the game freely willing to point out the many flaws, but also voicing my opinion if I think people are treating it unfairly - like the "they didn't fix everything!" point above.

That is fair. And I am not an ESO hater. I was going to buy until all of the problems popped up because I actually liked the beta.. Maybe it is getting some unfair hate but you have to admit this is one of the worse releases and launches out there. The game is not doing well right now. Who is going to keep subbing with issues like this. Even the hardcore fans leave after a while if things keep up at this pace....

I hope they do well, but right now the game is definitely not in the best place.

Its not unfair hate... i bought 6 months worth of GTC`s... i liked the game... but first i was stuck in the main quests, then my bank inventory vanished and i did not even get a reply to my ticket...  then the bots invaded and i had to compete with them on my alt, then various other bugs like PvP buffs not applying, UI was showing i had 30% hp all the time with NO addon enabled,  DW skills were making the game unresponsive and making you unable to do anything...

I could go on, there are many other bugs i personally experienced... but i think i`ve made my point. The game will be nice WHEN IT WILL ACTUALLY WORK... but right now any fun will be destroyed by bugs.

With polish it will be a decent game so i think you should wait for them to fix things(at this rate it will take 6-9 months, i`m guessing about the same time it releases on consoles) and get it... but wait unless you want to be a paying Game Tester....

• TimzillaTimzilla Member UncommonPosts: 437
    The only bug I moticed was vr mob exp is nearly tripple what it used to be.
    Originally posted by Timzilla
    The only bug I moticed was vr mob exp is nearly tripple what it used to be.

That's not a bug. It's 2.5x increased - more than necessary, but it did need to increase some. I think it's overkill personally.

- Nellus

• alterfenixalterfenix Member UncommonPosts: 370

After the update:

- VR mobs have 50%-100% more HP/Damage, all except the ones added by Craglorn, those are actually weaker compared to the old lower VR mobs....

- game is freezing up and crashing for a lot of people

- character appearance was changed for some

- a new loading screen bug prevents many from playing

- some get no experience for completed quests

- templar is getting delays on its most used/one of the most used abilities

- memory leaks

- achievements are gone for 2 of the 3 factions

- new mount bugs

- an entire PvP campaign was deleted

- new UI bug makes it unresponsive

- skill points missing 

So yea... they should really hire testers....

Quote from official notes:

• Known Issue: The teleport pads in Aetherian Archive will sometimes fail to work, preventing your group from completing the Trial.

So yeah... What could one expect from this. Quality product?^^ /sarcasm
  • Father_JackFather_Jack Member Posts: 81

It's funny how it's always the same few screaming the sky is falling about eso.  It's nice that 99% of the other haters have moved on and we are left with the dedicated few .  I love your list btw!  

Every single ones has a few key phrases.  "Some people" "many people" "most people". Any chance you have some evidence of this?  And also what is your definition or difference of "some" "many " and "most".  Well enjoy your continued doom and gloom.  

I'm experiencing "most" of the things on that list plus a few more that aren't and so is almost everyone I know in game. Its unplayable to a large section of people.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

Honestly, this is the first MMO that I actually pre-ordered and felt ripped off after reaching a certain level.

The vast majority of these bugs, the beta testers weren't able to experience.  The betas were usually level capped to some extent and, at least for me, I didn't have many of my gaming friends playing with me.  Also, I don't think Cryo was open when I was testing.

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594

After the update:

Is that a lot? Sounds like a lot.

Reminds me a bit of GW2 and their updates. When ever they added new content you should try to get through it in the first day or two, before ANet realized it was too easy and tightened the screws. Usually it meant fixing some exploits. So, if you are not VR10 yet it'll take just a smidge longer now to get there.

• ZeymereZeymere Member UncommonPosts: 210

This is absolutely just sad.  So many people at Zenimax working so hard I am sure.  But I am certain this was pushed out, like the game too early.  For a subscription based game they really need to work more on the content launch , test test test!   This really came across to me as a knee jerk reaction to get things out there.  Which in turn really turned all that hard work into crap.  Which in turn seems par for the course for your new AAA game.  Sigh I have flamed I know but i really hoped for the best in my heart.  I will have to quote most people and say this game will be better 6 months down the road but at what cost then, very few subscribers?  

But hey for a single player'esque MMO that may be just fine ;)

Zeymere

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    The only bug I got was loss of quests which I picked right back up, so no tears here. I really hope those who say they will quit do.

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619

Ok so Im not a fanboi or anything, as Im not going to defend the game, but I havent had a single issue with the patch. Before you all go nuts, yes I do know the bugs are real. I have read the forums, and many, many people are being effected by the problems listed. They are very real, and will give you a very bad gaming experience if you encounter them.

All Im saying is that not everyons is effected by these issues. Sure it seems like a lot. Because there are hundreds of posts, but thats just because only the people having problems are the ones posting. For every post of one person having an issue, theres 100 people not having a single bug at all. Even the one quest I still had bugged from launch was now working, and I have completed Deshaan now. 

The new campaign works fine for me, never had a load screen issue. My guild even ran the Archives raid last night. We wiped alot lol. Reset about 12 times (because you only have 36 lives, or 3 wipes per go). Never had the teleporters not work, even though its a known issue that sometimes they dont. 

I dont know what to say. Maybe im touched by the MMO gods, but myself, my GF and the 42 other people in my guild have not encountered a single bug since the patch. Maybe you guys should app to my guild, as it seems we cant be effected by the plague rofl. 

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Anyone who complains about the VR mob changes obviously is a solo player.  I've been playing with friends and I've had no problems at all killing groups of 10-15.  We pull the entire camp and aoe em down XD  I don't understand why people go solo in an MMO, when the whole purpose of an MMO is to be social.

The only other thing I've had happen, is in the zone The Rift.  I got disconnected twice in a span of like 2 hours, which rolled me back like 4-5 minutes total.  And it's nice to see my NB actually have the correct Critical Strike chance,  makes our dps match that of sorc :)

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Its not unfair hate... i bought 6 months worth of GTC`s... i liked the game... but first i was stuck in the main quests, then my bank inventory vanished and i did not even get a reply to my ticket...  then the bots invaded and i had to compete with them on my alt, then various other bugs like PvP buffs not applying, UI was showing i had 30% hp all the time with NO addon enabled,  DW skills were making the game unresponsive and making you unable to do anything...I could go on, there are many other bugs i personally experienced... but i think i`ve made my point. The game will be nice WHEN IT WILL ACTUALLY WORK... but right now any fun will be destroyed by bugs.With polish it will be a decent game so i think you should wait for them to fix things(at this rate it will take 6-9 months, i`m guessing about the same time it releases on consoles) and get it... but wait unless you want to be a paying Game Tester....

I've only ever seen 1 One Uno ichi und bug since 5 day head start. Guess I'm just that lucky and awesome (=

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607

99 little bugs in the code

99 little bugs in the code

Take one down, patch it around

127 bugs in the code

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    I have had one issue since the patch. My horse is way to loud when sprinting. My loading screen time is normal, graphic changes ...better...better detail and godrays look better. No issues on my Templar either. I guess I'm still one of the lucky ones...or people like to exaggerate.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

It's funny how it's always the same few screaming the sky is falling about eso.  It's nice that 99% of the other haters have moved on and we are left with the dedicated few .  I love your list btw!  

Every single ones has a few key phrases.  "Some people" "many people" "most people". Any chance you have some evidence of this?  And also what is your definition or difference of "some" "many " and "most".  Well enjoy your continued doom and gloom.  

Are you really saying i`m making it up?

Have a look here:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-customer-support - Its their Official Customer Support forum.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-general-discussion - this is their General Discussion forum.

You will see all the problems listed + many more on the first pages with a lot of people saying the same thing.

So there you go... you have proof. What next?

Never reason with a fanboy.  You can have all the proof in the world and they'll never budge an inch on their love for the game.  Even in the face of reason and sense.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!