Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert: Russian Version Nearing Completion, Publisher Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Localization of the Russian version of Black Desert is already underway according to a release from Gamenet.ru. The UI has been translated and new information has been released including the news that there will be no dungeons and that bosses will freely roam the game world. In addition, Gamenet.ru will feature both pay-to-play and free-to-play servers.

Gamenet.ru is the official publisher that will bring Black Desert to Russia, and localization of Black Desert is currently in process. They already have UI and several quests translated, and working on game items, monster and locations.

• the bosses can be found in different locations in the Open World

• Open PvP with Karma system

• Non IP BLOCK

• Crafting brings best item

• There are plans for naval battles and even more, but not for initial release

Source: 2p.com

)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by SBFord

• Non IP BLOCK

Sounds good to me.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    What's with Korean mmo releasing in Russia before NA/EU?

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Originally posted by SamuraiXIV

Russian publishers seem to not need 2+ years to translate finished games. Maybe they also demand less changes to the game core as western publishers tend to do.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Hmmm.....almost sounds like Western players are spoiled prima donna types , hehe. 
  • SinellaSinella Member UncommonPosts: 343
    According to the report on massively.com, they plan to start PvE only servers too. Great news for me, I really liked what I heard about the game apart of the FFA PvP, so glad to hear non-PvP players can enjoy it too.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403

Gamenet.ru is the official publisher that will bring Black Desert to Russia, and localization of Black Desert is currently in process. They already have UI and several quests translated, and working on game items, monster and locations.

• the bosses can be found in different locations in the Open World
    • Open PvP with Karma system
    • Non IP BLOCK
    • Crafting brings best item
    • There are plans for naval battles and even more, but not for initial release

Sounds good to me!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

NA/EU is full of prejudices about K-MMOs. A Korean game is dismissed here in the west just for the simple reason that it's Korean. There's this  "it's Korean, ergo it must be bad" mentality which is extremely present on MMORPG.com  People tend to forget the debacles of the last Western productions though (SWTOR, ESO, GW2, Vanguard, ...).

Now gimme Blade & Soul already! :'(

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Tenkousei

NA/EU is full of prejudices about K-MMOs. A Korean game is dismissed here in the west just for the simple reason that it's Korean. There's this  "it's Korean, ergo it must be bad" mentality which is extremely present on MMORPG.com  People tend to forget the debacles of the last Western productions though (SWTOR, ESO, GW2, Vanguard, ...).

This! I say this constantly when people say "Oh, it's another 'Asian grinder.'" It seems to me that South Korea has created way more gems lately than the West has... When was the last time that there was huge hype around a MMORPG in the West? GW2 maybe? And look how that game turned out...

The only MMORPG that I would say was alright that has come to the West recently as of late is Final Fantasy XIV (sorry TESO, but your publisher is a sketchy in my eyes) and that wasn't even made in the West.

Smile

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by Tenkousei

This! I say this constantly when people say "Oh, it's another 'Asian grinder.'" It seems to me that South Korea has created way more gems lately than the West has... When was the last time that there was huge hype around a MMORPG in the West? GW2 maybe? And look how that game turned out...

The only MMORPG that I would say was alright that has come to the West recently as of late is Final Fantasy XIV (sorry TESO, but your publisher is a sketchy in my eyes) and that wasn't even made in the West.

GW2 turned out incredibly and continues to do well.  What is your point?

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Ahhh the closed-minded ness of the western market strikes again! That RU list sounds like a descent deal. Open world roaming bosses, crafted BiS and payment model servers! Damn I'm so jelli

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

Just noticed this too the article from 2p.com.

Oculus Rift support is under testing

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Are we really that biased about non-Western games?  It seems to me that we will pretty much play anything, even if the game isn't finished and is a mess.  I bet people would play a non-English language version of a game, provided we could figure out what main buttons to push, and wait for localization as we play.  Just saying that I don't think our expectations are too high to try a new game.  Of course, we tend to crap on anything that doesn't meet expectations, but that's our right, too, and I think most of that comes from core mechanics.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

Originally posted by Razeekster
    Originally posted by Tenkousei Originally posted by SamuraiXIV What's with Korean mmo releasing in Russia before NA/EU?
    NA/EU is full of prejudices about K-MMOs. A Korean game is dismissed here in the west just for the simple reason that it's Korean. There's this  "it's Korean, ergo it must be bad" mentality which is extremely present on MMORPG.com  People tend to forget the debacles of the last Western productions though (SWTOR, ESO, GW2, Vanguard, ...). Now gimme Blade & Soul already! :::'(::  

Or perhaps we dont want half finished MMOs that are being rushed out the door for money because we already have enough local MMOs for that.

Blade and Soul for instance was released way early and the base game was very buggy, very grindy and one of the classes was left broken as hell.

If B&S had released in the state it was in at Korean launch it would have crashed and burned hard.

But, it seems that NCSoft is waiting for B&S to release updates to fix issues and will then localize it to English is too outlandish whereas tin foil hat conspiracies about racism makes sense right?

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

To add a bit of info from the video:

Russian CBT is planned for December 2014 and OBT for January 2015.

Korean Released is planned for October 2014.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by DMKano

If Russia has no IP block, and will support an enlish patch and is releasing first - gonna be tough for Pearl Abyss to find a Western Publisher who is going to be ok with Russia making money off western players.

Most likely the "No IP block !" feature will only be a feature until a western publisher is signed. Or the "english language patch" will mysteriously stop working at that point...

• Orange_ZOrange_Z Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by SomeHuman
    Are we really that biased about non-Western games?  It seems to me that we will pretty much play anything, even if the game isn't finished and is a mess.  I bet people would play a non-English language version of a game, provided we could figure out what main buttons to push, and wait for localization as we play.  Just saying that I don't think our expectations are too high to try a new game.  Of course, we tend to crap on anything that doesn't meet expectations, but that's our right, too, and I think most of that comes from core mechanics.

Oh, Yes ) I still remember playing China version of BnS ... )

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Ahhh the closed-minded ness of the western market strikes again! That RU list sounds like a descent deal. Open world roaming bosses, crafted BiS and payment model servers! Damn I'm so jelli

Not being closed minded.  This game is another in a long line of huge grinders.  That tends to be a big negative here in the west.  This product sells very well in the east so you will continue to see most of the games being made there with the grinder theme.  It is a beautiful game, but most of us who play these games don't have the time or don't want to deveote the time to grind our way through it.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    They say there is p2p servers  ,so those are the PvE or limited PvP server I take it. The f2p will be the unlimited PvP server. Makes sense they can make money off those who want to play on a different rule set and support the more popular f2p model. Interesting to see whether this will catch on in other games in the future. I really have no problems paying for different rule sets if I get to play how I want.

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244
    Really looking forward to this game so quite happy Russian is not going to be ip blocked.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

Its over a week old news ...

Yes they said there will be NO IP block and they will have an english language pack.. But note they also said that there is possibility to ban the IPs later if the NA/EU publisher demands it (TERA/ArcheAge anyone? :P)

This Russian publisher, releases minor chinese f2p games until now, but at least they dont have yet any negative reputation ...

The most worthy of all, is the developer's intention to release content worldwide with the translated versions "lag" for a period of 3-4 weeks. That's an extremely interesting approach from these developers much different from the rest S.Koreans, so far ...

When they ban the IP can you transfer to the other European servers you reckon ?

Originally posted by kitarad They say there is p2p servers  ,so those are the PvE or limited PvP server I take it. The f2p will be the unlimited PvP server. Makes sense they can make money off those who want to play on a different rule set and support the more popular f2p model. Interesting to see whether this will catch on in other games in the future. I really have no problems paying for different rule sets if I get to play how I want.

That is not the way I am reading it.

1. Hard PvP (more loot drops, free PK starting lv 1, hard crafting system, and more)
    2. PvP (Original Korean server)
    3. PvE (no open world PvP, only for Arena, Guild Wars and Sieges)

F2P servers and P2P servers
    A non P2W cash shop, only cosmetic
    Beta Test in December 2014 and then Realeased in January 2015
    Oculus Rift support is under testing
    No lvl cap
    There won’t be any instant dungeons, all the bosses can be found in different locations in the Open World
    Open PvP with Karma system
    Non IP BLOCK
    Crafting brings best item
    There are plans for naval battles and even more, but not for initial release

Looks to me like there will be P2P and f2p servers with each of them having different PVE and PVP subservers available.

So the people who sub and those who don't get to experience the same type of servers. Ahh makes sense otherwise there will be too few people paying and playing then on one type if gated with a sub. Okay not to worry still it will have PvE which is super thanks am really looking forward to this game.

Wait they splitting the servers from p2p and f2p not the same server ? Wouldn't that dilute the population ?

• BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50

Hmm, separate servers for f2p and p2p... why isn't that more common?

Sounds brilliant!

One server for those who like to play for free then fork up money for bag space, mounts and what not and a separate server for those who prefer to pay subscription then earn everything through gameplay...No bickering whichever is the best model - Ingenious!

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by DMKano

If Russia has no IP block, and will support an enlish patch and is releasing first - gonna be tough for Pearl Abyss to find a Western Publisher who is going to be ok with Russia making money off western players.

Most likely the "No IP block !" feature will only be a feature until a western publisher is signed. Or the "english language patch" will mysteriously stop working at that point...

or until a western publisher decides to milk players with alpha/beta access. Just like most of them do nowadays. I hope the No IP block from Russia stays that way.