Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

they added another pvp campaign????

SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189

they added another pvp campaign?

did they really need to do this ?  in NA there is only one populated campaign and the rest are low pop or almost dead. Attacking empty keeps for AP like warhammer online is the most boring form of pvp. I dont think they know what they are doing here because they should have shut some of them down, not add more.

Alliance War Changes

• Celarus, a new two week Campaign, has been introduced in this patch.
    • You may reassign your home campaign to Celarus. However, doing so will forfeit all progress in your current home campaign.
    • Celarus has reduced end of campaign rewards compared to the normal 90 day campaigns.

Comments

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    It's an interesting idea, but I'm with you.  Less campaigns, get them packed.
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Campaigns are empty because the PvP in this game is garbage and pointless. Removing or adding campaigns wont change that fact. Kind of remind me of that PvP zone in SW:TOR. Ghost zone after just a few months. It will be the same in this game.
  • SQTOSQTO Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Campaigns are empty because the PvP in this game is garbage and pointless. Removing or adding campaigns wont change that fact. Kind of remind me of that PvP zone in SW:TOR. Ghost zone after just a few months. It will be the same in this game.

well at least with less campaigns there would be some pvp, instead of factions avoiding each other.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

They probably added to test how a shorter time frame works out.

My guess it will be more popular than the 90day campaigns. Nowadays MMO players have a very short attenion span. They are more used to instant gratification. Prsonally I don't know why campaigns need a fixed end date at all....

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Anthur

I'm thinking that they are testing the shorter one too.  Not sure if players would be willing to leave their current campaigns, no matter how lopsided they were unless they at least offered the players more incentive to test it. 

However, like the others said I think they need to lessen the amount of campaigns they already have.  In fact they should have started off with a lot fewer, then have them dynamically open up more as the previous ones filled up with players.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Originally posted by rodingo

I'm thinking that they are testing the shorter one too.  Not sure if players would be willing to leave their current campaigns, no matter how lopsided they were unless they at least offered the players more incentive to test it. 

However, like the others said I think they need to lessen the amount of campaigns they already have.  In fact they should have started off with a lot fewer, then have them dynamically open up more as the previous ones filled up with players.

I'm on board with fewer and shorter campaigns.

90 days is too long for the MMO ADD most of us have developed.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Yamota

I thought everyone blamed the failed SWTOR PvP zone on the Hero Engine exploding when more than a few characters were on the screen at once.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    Originally posted by rodingo

No it's easier to remove than to add. They're doing it right having a lot of them at the start.

I agree tho that they are probably testing shorter campaigns. I foresee a decrease in campaigns and more Cyrodiil improvements when these PvP campaigns end.

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198

That is why most games are below average for us. We just do not care for most games!!!!!!image

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Yes this is a test of a shorter campaign. Our guild had a meeting with ZoS and the length of campaigns came up. They told us that they were going to experiment with a shorter campaign with this new update.

I think 2 weeks is too short, I would go with 4 weeks, but it is better than 90 days.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• Moar61Moar61 Member UncommonPosts: 260
    It's clear why they added this one but they should definitely cut back on the amount there is now
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Thornrage

Yes this is a test of a shorter campaign. Our guild had a meeting with ZoS and the length of campaigns came up. They told us that they were going to experiment with a shorter campaign with this new update.

I think 2 weeks is too short, I would go with 4 weeks, but it is better than 90 days.

90 days, please come one, that is one sinking ship.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    90 days too long, but 2 weeks too short.  I'd say 3 is a minimum, and 5 or 6 a maximum to keep people interested.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    The 60 day mark seems about right to me,
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by strawhat0981

That is why most games are below average for us. We just do not care for most games!!!!!!image

I suspect that the majority of players that PVP in MMO's also have a lot of experience in other multiplayer PVP games (i.e. shooters). The majority of these are short "matches", high intensity but short duration, with a clear winner and scoreboard to gloat/whine over.

When I saw the duration of ESO's Cyrodiil campaigns, I laughed. Three months ? Half the players that start that campaign will have forgotten about ESO by the time it finishes, or else they'll resub in the last 2 weeks to make a "final push" if their faction has a hope of winning and their guild launches an email campaign...

Tbh, given the attention span of the average MMO player nowadays, the ideal "campaign" length is probably closer to 90 minutes than 90 days...

• BetaBlockaBetaBlocka Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Thornrage

Do all guilds get this kind of priviliged access directly to the dev team? Or just yours?

This seems a dangerous precedent if this type of exposure is not available to all guilds. Why should your guild get to have meetings with the dev team giving you the opportunity to push your own agenda and not all guilds?

I guess exploiting your way to the top did pay off after all :)

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    That's the problem. Most MMO players nowadays are transplants from loving other genres. Zenimax (primarily their DAoC devs) probably want to bring back some of the old school feeling. SOME... they still gotta make money. So seeing how there is no auctionhouse and no battlegrounds, this game is already going to be a no-go for most transplants from other genres.