Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Nether: Downright Enjoyable for Survival Fans

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Nether is a first-person shooter survival game set in a claustrophobic city with multiple levels of buildings, rooftops and subways, littered with detailed scenes of horror which tell a bit of the terrifying story of the world. Stumbling through the dark to come across a pile of bloody skeletons, or a skeleton sprawled at a desk, its fingers still gripping a book, the little details help put your mindset in the same place as the creators’ and really manages to deliver the uneasy feeling that the nether brings. 

Read more of Alexander Brown's Nether: Downright Enjoyable for Survival Fans.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Of the available survival games, Nether is by far the worst of the bunch.

There is a reason it got streamed for a week and then was never seen on Twitch again, and that reason isn't because it is a good game.

DayZ or Rust are both far superior alternatives.

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    except dayz can't get AI sorted properly nor the controls, and rust well is being redone from top to bottom it's that shit in the current state so 'by far' they are all equal in my eyes. (yes i have all 3 and will continue to play all 3.)

• MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Sorry, any game where it is considering 'Part of the game' to find people and virtually rape them at gunpoint doesn't get a 'good game' vote in my book. Sure I can hear the people "OH just say no and die" yeah, my problem is that there seems to be people running around the game doing this with no dev types going "Ummm, that's a little over the top".

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Tried it and found it wanting.  Rust trumps this game in just about every way.  Just cannot recommend this game to anyone.
  • nirvanetnirvanet Member UncommonPosts: 95

Waa so many haters :). Like many people I have the survival games collection and Nether is one of the best.

Why ?

The world is VERY immersiv. I feel like in the past with first 3D SF mmos where "immersiv" was a real point for a game (now it's fuck*ng rare!). You could play with many different styles and you could have many different goals. DayZ  SA goal atm as exemple ? run, find stuff then kill other players... It is a very good survival game but need more work (soon it will kick many other games !).

The dev team seems VERY serious. The game client is one of the most optimised (tested on various computers and it was a perfect, smooth as hell with maxed settings).

This is a good game. I'll love when many angry players will come again for the bigger map, vehicules and more :)

And one of the best : they listen the community.

You see the difference with each update and you no need to buy golden key with real money (cool for newcomers).

I bought it at the first day, still playing it (more than other games) and I love it !

Close the light in your room, turn the volume UP and smell the destroyed town :P