Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ask Me Anything Thread - Submit Questions Here

Comments

• Doomsaw-GazillionDoomsaw-Gazillion Marvel HeroesMember Posts: 134
    Originally posted by Xionmercury
    Originally posted by Doomsaw-Gazillion
    Originally posted by Shaunn

Thanks for doing this AMA.

I keep hearing Kitty not being a great choice for playable.  What about making her with a Phasing Tree, a Martial Arts Tree and a Lockheed tree?

What are the odds for playable Polaris that is not an Enhanced Costume?

Any hints on what heroes are high priority for 2015?

Yeah, I read that thread, good ideas. I revise my statement to say she might be awesome!

Polaris is someone we want to add as a full hero.

The 2015 short list includes some obvious ones like Ice Man, War Machine, Spider Woman, Ant Man, She Hulk and some big surprises. Obviously a longer list than that.

Obviously a longer list, since you forgot to mention Dr. Doom, Blade, Vision, and Quicksilver! :D

I asked these questions before but you didn't answer them, so I'm gonna post them again.

1) Do you have a more specific ETA on when we will see the Bronx Zoo level? Everyone has been anticipating that for a long time now and more content is always really welcome.

2) Is there any chance you guys will speed up the level 52 reworks a little bit? I only ask because originally you guys were doing 2 at a time and that has slipped to just one and some of the older heroes need love badly. Even ones like Deadpool and Cable who are still powerful, successful characters feel very boring and lack diversity. Others, like Thing, just got the short end of the stick in almost every area. I love the work you guys have been doing on these reviews, I'd just like to see more improvements to launch heroes.

3) Also, what are the odds of getting playable Angel/Archangel in 2015? And will he be a "transformation" hero like Jean Grey/Phoenix? (I think he should be)

Thanks.

1. Bronx Zoo is waiting on the final boss to be finished along with some zoo animals. As soon as they are done, it will be added to Chapter 2, I believe. Probably by end of summer.

2. I think we will move to a couple reworks a month once raids and endless dungeon is complete. That being said, some of the upcoming heroes will take awhile, like Jean.

3. Good question about Angel. We have discussed options, but haven't settled on the final answer yet. I will let you know once we have a solid decision.

• swertoswerto Member Posts: 2
    So a lot of us who buy costumes have a lot of bag space taken up by them, either in our STASH, our team up, or our actual inventory.

Any chance we could see a costume rework in the future that makes them work more like hero tokens and you unlock them permanently once you use them, with the current costume core concept being made into the actual gear slot (core has stats, costume does not.)
    Originally posted by Scourm

Oh, hello there, I didn't see you come in.

Come, sit down, friend. 

Let's talk Punisher. 

Hi bud.

Punisher is awesome and is one of the most popular heroes played by internal staff. 

He got a big upgrade in a mini-review away back and we have a few nice things planned for his level 52.

If you have any good suggestions, definitely put them in the forum posting so the design team can study it when he level 52 review is being designed.

• luispv3luispv3 Member Posts: 1
    Originalmente publicado por Doomsaw-Gazillion
    Originalmente publicado por strawhat0981
     Juggernaut ... todo el mundo lo quiere, hacer que suceda.image

Nadie quiere que más de Ryolnir.

Concepting diseño inicial ya ha comenzado.

hank pym we know q be in the game as a playable hero, my question is also the wasp will be a playable hero? is it will be a team up, but I would see it as a playable hero

• evilhumanevilhuman Member UncommonPosts: 55

don't avoid my question on Morph! he is 10x funnier than DP and that's just as a vendor...

make him playable, make it happen! o/

Originally posted by swerto
    So a lot of us who buy costumes have a lot of bag space taken up by them, either in our STASH, our team up, or our actual inventory. Any chance we could see a costume rework in the future that makes them work more like hero tokens and you unlock them permanently once you use them, with the current costume core concept being made into the actual gear slot (core has stats, costume does not.)

Yes, I love this and have it on the list for the team. It's a big task, but doable.

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

@Doomsaw

Will we see a (slightly) raised Drop Rate for Pyms and Tyr Runes?

Since introduced i saw 1 Tyr Rune dropping and sins Release i have seen not a single Pyms Shrink :(

• ScourmScourm Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Scourm

Oh, hello there, I didn't see you come in.

Come, sit down, friend. 

Let's talk Punisher. 

Hi bud.

Punisher is awesome and is one of the most popular heroes played by internal staff. 

He got a big upgrade in a mini-review away back and we have a few nice things planned for his level 52.

If you have any good suggestions, definitely put them in the forum posting so the design team can study it when he level 52 review is being designed.

We in the P3 community have ENDLESS suggestions as to how to improve Frank. Whether it's him receiving more melee attention, more diversity, better animations for weapons like Flamethrower and a new animation for Show no Mercy, turning Combat lunge into a sprint type of move, a new secondary resource and many other things. We in the P3 community constantly, tirelessly post in the design section of the Punisher sub forum, because we are the most dedicated fan base out there and we want to see Frank done right.  

I'm happy you responded to my silly post, but I'm very serious in my intent.

Doomsaw, please bring glory to Punisher and allow us, his dedicated fan base to live through the grim, cold and ruthless nature that is Punisher. We only want what is best for his fanbase and depiction in this game. We can care less that his review is such a long ways off, we just want our collective voice to be heard.

Thank you for being so amazing, Doomy.

-Godspeed

• CPTNSteveRogersCPTNSteveRogers Member CommonPosts: 5

Doomsaw, I love the game, been around since launch.

When can we expect the Aerial Assault animation for Cap to be changed back to the old one? It is obvious from the forums that the players want the old animation back and the new one should be deleted or changed to Athletic Leap. 

• bludragon201bludragon201 Member Posts: 4

Ok, I lied, I actually have a few more questions-

Whats the deal with black widow? Will she be looked at again?

I really feel she needs a complete rework and not just changing a few skills. Micro-drones especially.

Originally posted by MikeB

My one question:

Playable Angel/Archangel in 2014/2015? :)

EDIT: OK, I lied. One more:

What can you share with us on 'endless dungeons' and the status of group Legendary quests?

1. Playable (Arch)Angel in 2015 is a fairly safe bet, but not 100% yet.

2. (a) Endless Dungeons are 30% done and are a feature that I will really enjoy when it launches in 90-100 days or so. They are highly replayable group or solo "dungeons" with an element of randomness included. There will be 5 "tilesets" at launch, with more planned on a regular basis.

2. (b) Shared Quests are in final testing internally and should be ready within 2 weeks. It's a much more robust system than sharing Legendaries are is available for the whole server and will allow heroes to play together, even if they are in slightly different level ranges. Here is a work in progress image: http://imgur.com/Gk79RBA

Originally posted by evilhuman

don't avoid my question on Morph! he is 10x funnier than DP and that's just as a vendor...

make him playable, make it happen! o/

I'll definitely keep that in mind. I don't have a strong opinion on Morph, since I haven't read many comics with him, but I'll take the temperature on him being playable.

• ThiessThiess Member Posts: 3
    How about some Man-Thing, Howard the Duck love?
  • GustlyHeroesGustlyHeroes Member Posts: 2
    Can we expect to see Jean rework this month? Can you say anything abou her new powers?
  • BaroqueSampsonBaroqueSampson Member Posts: 2
    Will Star Lord's release be the release date of Guardians of the Galaxy?
    Originally posted by CPTNSteveRogers

When can we expect the Aerial Assault animation for Cap to be changed back to the old one? It is obvious from the forums that the players want the old animation back and the new one should be deleted or changed to Athletic Leap. 

We could definitely do this. It was a movie capture animation, but both have their pros and cons.

BTW, there was just a change made that goes with the new animation that doesn't lock out shield powers, which is helpful.

• GlouglouteGlougloute Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Any plans to tighten controls? Especially to make stutter stepping a little bit less awkward (if marvel heroes had d3 tight controls... well, I'd stop going back and forth between d3 and mh :p).

Ps: I've been playing since closed beta and you guys have been doing an amazing job (really beyond what I expected), both quantity and quality wise. Keep up the good work!
  • arcboundsarcbounds Member Posts: 2
    I love your game and I'm trying to convince more of my friends to try it out, but it is hard to level as a group since legendary quests are the easiest way to level and they are best done separately.  Are you going to be doing anything in the future that makes leveling as a group more feasible?
  • aranfusionaranfusion Member Posts: 7
    Is there a surprise hero planned for the Anniversary?
  • udoma85udoma85 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Can't believe it took me so long to post this since I'd been wanting to say something about it for a few days...

Telegraphs.  If you look at newer MMOs, they are telegraphing attacks quite a bit.  Marvel Heroes does this somewhat, but some bosses could use more obvious telegraphs.  Example - Man Ape's spear throw could absolutely use a telegraph as the animation is sometimes impossible to see because of other onscreen effects (I'm thinking a thin, red line, following the intended trajectory of the spear).   At first glance, this may seem like it would make encounters easier, but it would in reality allow you to design encounters with much tighter tuning and difficulty because players would be expected to adapt based on what is telegraphed.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by CommissarSCV
    Omega pics or it didn't happen.

You always get me with these questions and I always fall for it.

One of the 12 Omega Divisions is the Nanotech Division.

It's not as big as some of the divisions, but they do a lot of good work.

http://imgur.com/WcotTfs

• CommissarSCVCommissarSCV Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Ok let me rephrase this...IF there were a hero in June, who would be a possibility :)?
  • mike444mike444 Member Posts: 10

who will be the first sonic based hero to release Songbird banshee blackbolt. The reason I ask is because I like sonic powers and we don't have a hero yet with that power set.

• CPTNSteveRogersCPTNSteveRogers Member CommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by CPTNSteveRogers

We could definitely do this. It was a movie capture animation, but both have their pros and cons.

BTW, there was just a change made that goes with the new animation that doesn't lock out shield powers, which is helpful.

The new animation just seems too "soft". It doesn't feel like an attack and that's why a lot of people feel it would be better as Athletic Leap. The old animation for Aerial Assault made it feel like Cap was really doing some damage with the attack. 

I don't think anyone has an issue with locking out shilled powers, people just don't like the look of the animation. People prefer the old animation and you would make a lot of people happy if it was changed back. 

• TyggsTyggs Member UncommonPosts: 456
    Originally posted by CommissarSCV
    Ok let me rephrase this...IF there were a hero in June, who would be a possibility :)?

Bishop.

SWTOR Referral Link

Free Goodies for new or returning players.

See what it gets you Here

This discussion has been closed.