Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good guy devs

HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

Just saw this post while browsing my Facebook, thought i would share.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=679634798776964

Comments

• CopypasterinoCopypasterino Member Posts: 66

I dont care if some retards or haters are calling this marketing.

As long as this women feels better and is happy it's all that really matter. It's the little things.

I have donated to help his husband.

• NorewonNorewon Member UncommonPosts: 100

LOL you beat me to it I was just about to post this as well.

The guys at carbine really do care about the community and it was very touching thing to do. Everyone can moan about things in the game but the community matters and you understand that....I cant wait to play the game and hope with a studio like yours that you deserve everything.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by Norewon

LOL you beat me to it I was just about to post this as well.

The guys at carbine really do care about the community and it was very touching thing to do. Everyone can moan about things in the game but the community matters and you understand that....I cant wait to play the game and hope with a studio like yours that you deserve everything.

Haha. True, they went above and beyond with this. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Herase

Heh, I'd be cautious throwing that label around, remember the good guy devs article about ESO? not to mention what happened a week later? It's like a curse.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Copypasterino

I dont care if some retards or haters are calling this marketing.

As long as this women feels better and is happy it's all that really matter. It's the little things.

I have donated to help his husband.

The sentiment is great, I just don't see the point in presenting it in such a way that makes it marketing. I'm sure the lady was stoked. WHo wouldn't be stoked to receive those types of gifts "out of the blue"...

it's a mixed bag really, as what they did is great, but the way they're using it, is mostly to pursue this type of reaction "the good guy devs".

• CopypasterinoCopypasterino Member Posts: 66
    Idc some companies are marketing their game throwing money to build ridiculous chopper while other are juste being nice with fans. I made my choice.
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by Distopia

Heh, I'd be cautious throwing that label around, remember the good guy devs article about ESO? not to mention what happened a week later? It's like a curse.

I was thinking about that when posting haha,  i've just jinxed it. get a video next week of them mugging kids lol

Originally posted by Copypasterino
    Idc some companies is marketing their game throwing money to build ridiculous chopper while other are juste being nice with fans. I made my choice.

That same company also gave all proceeds from a sparkling pony to an important charity. I'm not saying what they did was bad, or using it as marketing is some great evil, it's a business this is how they operate everything has an agenda behind it.

I just hope for the communities sake they keep this up and don't just put on their smiles when the camera is on them.

Originally posted by Distopia

I was thinking about that when posting haha,  i've just jinxed it. get a video next week of them mugging kids lol

LOL

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367
    It took WoW until BC to give that cancer kid with a year to live a visit to Blizzard/get a free phoenix mount/design his own NPC and quest. Wildstar isn't even launched yet! #shotsfired
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

Bravo Carbine! You showed us from the beginning that you really care about the community.

This is just another proof to the haters that .. The Devs are listening !

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    If they weren't trying to milk this for marketing, I'd be more impressed.  You should never have to advertise when you do good things.  Just do them.

You make me like charity

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    If they weren't trying to milk this for marketing, I'd be more impressed.  You should never have to advertise when you do good things.  Just do them.

So your saying that no company should advertise for anything that is for good. So red cross or any organization accepting donations should never advertise their good deeds and just let people find out about it. Great way to have nothing get done.

And then people will bash a company for not .. supporting the community , or because they are greedy , or because they are not donating to X charity organization or because they are not helping in general. 

Why don't you shut up. I so don't like those with this kind of "conspiracy theories". 

I am sure you are one of the many who's bashing a billionaire for not helping, yet he might donate/help in silence , just as you said.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Originally posted by Tsuru

So your saying that no company should advertise for anything that is for good. So red cross or any organization accepting donations should never advertise their good deeds and just let people find out about it. Great way to have nothing get done.

Comparing red cross to carbine. lol

And no, red cross doesnt advertise like this, not where i come from at least. Its considered tacky and disgusting.

Originally posted by IceAge

And then people will bash a company for not .. supporting the community , or because they are greedy , or because they are not donating to X charity organization or because they are not helping in general. 

Why don't you shut up. I so don't like those with this kind of "conspiracy theories". 

I am sure you are one of the many who's bashing a billionaire for not helping, yet he might donate/help in silence , just as you said.

If that hypotethical billionaire is helping he doesnt really care some forum goer bashes him. Hes helping because he WANTS to, not to advertise his product. Theres a whole world between those 2.

If you want to donate and help donate and help, bragging and yelling how you donated and helped so everyone knows you did....advertising your product the whole time....yeah right.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

If Red Cross suddenly became a for-profit organization looking to sell video games to consumers, sure.  Conversely, if Carbine decides to make make WildStar a charity product, that's funded directly by voluntary donations, then I'd have no issue with them taking the easy route with advertising disguised as some random act of kindness.

You make me like charity

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Originally posted by asmkm22 If they weren't trying to milk this for marketing, I'd be more impressed.  You should never have to advertise when you do good things.  Just do them.

No, he's saying that people should recognise it wasn't just Carbine caring, it had a marketing angle to it as well. Which is perfectly fine and as has been said they were helping rather than the various other ways companies try to raise awareness/profile

As for the Red Cross etc marketing, everyone expects that from them as they are basically an aid agency rather than say .. A games company. Though the advertising by various cancer ads etc does get a bit much.

Originally posted by Malabooga

If that hypotethical billionaire is helping he doesnt really care some forum goer bashes him. Hes helping because he WANTS to, not to advertise his product. Theres a whole world between those 2.

If you want to donate and help donate and help, bragging and yelling how you donated and helped so everyone knows you did....advertising your product the whole time....yeah right.

Wow! Such attitude. You and .. the other guy who just commented. 

As for the billionaire exemple, stop reading between lines or gtfo. It's not about him caring about guys like you, who bash those who helps. I was saying that you and your type of haters, are the ones who bash a guy like that, for the simple fact that he's not helping, because hey, he got billions so why he's not donating? Then I said that maybe he helps, in silence , like your type of haters want, but then guess what? You wouldn't knew and you'ld still bash him. 

But in the end, if the said billionaire start to donate to X charity but through one of his company ( because you know, donating large amount of cash through a company helps you and that charity ) , you will keep hating, because hey, his marketing his company. Never mind he might donate to X charity who happens to donate all the money to an hospital which in this case will help lots and lots of people. No no , hating is way more cool then caring about some ... people with their problems right?

Let me ask you something, what do you think about Bill Gates, who has a very strong charity organization which helps lots of people? Before you answer to my question, remember, Bill Gates = Microsoft. So whenever you or someone from this planet see Bill Gates and know who it is, your first think will be : Microsoft ( hence, market publicity for your kind ) .

As for the billionaire exemple, stop reading between lines or gtfo. It's not about him caring about guys like you, who bash those who helps. I was saying that you and your type of haters, are the ones who bash a guy like that, for the simple fact that he's not helping, because hey, he got billions so why he's not donating? Then I said that maybe he helps, in silence , like your type of haters want, but then guess what? You wouldn't knew and you'ld still bash him. 

But in the end, if the said billionaire start to donate to X charity but through one of his company ( because you know, donating large amount of cash through a company helps you and that charity ) , you will keep hating, because hey, his marketing his company. Never mind he might donate to X charity who happens to donate all the money to an hospital which in this case will help lots and lots of people. No no , hating is way more cool then caring about some ... people with their problems right?

Let me ask you something, what do you think about Bill Gates, who has a very strong charity organization which helps lots of people? Before you answer to my question, remember, Bill Gates = Microsoft. So whenever you or someone from this planet see Bill Gates and know who it is, your first think will be : Microsoft ( hence, market publicity for your kind ) .

I never saw an advert for bill gates charity organisation. Ever.

Did he advertise windows through his charity organisation? Or office maybe?

Can you post a link where his charity organization advertises microsoft products?

Such attitude...dude, youre not even aware what youre saying rofl

Originally posted by Deddmeat

Originally posted by asmkm22 If they weren't trying to milk this for marketing, I'd be more impressed.  You should never have to advertise when you do good things.  Just do them.

No, he's saying that people should recognise it wasn't just Carbine caring, it had a marketing angle to it as well. Which is perfectly fine and as has been said they were helping rather than the various other ways companies try to raise awareness/profile

As for the Red Cross etc marketing, everyone expects that from them as they are basically an aid agency rather than say .. A games company. Though the advertising by various cancer ads etc does get a bit much.

No, you missed the point here. While you are right, that this indeed will help Carbine in the long run too, asmkm22 , idea of silence donating is .... very stupid.

I would rather see news everywhere with companies/people who donate AND promote their services then not seeing any , or to listen to those bashers.

In the end, I agree that there are also many companies who just help only to have a profit , but you know what? Things are different. I am different then you, so do companies are . Not everyone donate just for profit.

A very good exemple is this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEIvi2MuEk

I don't care why they did it. However I am glad they did it and also glad for the people who received the gifts. They made their day a lot better.

I never saw an advert for bill gates charity organisation. Ever.

Did he advertise windows through his charity organisation? Or office maybe?

Can you post a link where his charity organization advertises microsoft products?

Such attitude...dude, youre not even aware what youre saying rofl

Man, WTF? Did you actually read what I was saying? Bill Gates = Microsoft. He does not need a banner to say that. He alone can be taken as a "banner" in the eyes of people like you.  

Way to read between lines.

Also, stop quoting me please. 

Attitude ??

I was polite and didn't bash anyone, as for Bill Gates, nothing against the guy. I know he donates money to charity and nothing against Microsoft since their OS works fine for me. I have their consoles too which I've also never had a problem with.

AND I never bashed the billionaire or Carbine or anyone. It's great they help but just generosity of heart is not the only thing thought of. Guess who worked in Marketing for the UK's most hated gas supplier in the 90's ? I know bashing companies gets 0 and basically the employee is the one who gets shafted.

Ok so there was more than one agenda, that doesn't matter. They did something good and that's the thing that matters most. The only thing I have against them is the damn region lock.

Originally posted by Deddmeat

Attitude ??

I was polite and didn't bash anyone, as for Bill Gates, nothing against the guy. I know he donates money to charity and nothing against Microsoft since their OS works fine for me. I have their consoles too which I've also never had a problem with.

AND I never bashed the billionaire or Carbine or anyone. It's great they help but just generosity of heart is not the only thing thought of. Guess who worked in Marketing for the UK's most hated gas supplier in the 90's ? I know bashing companies gets 0 and basically the employee is the one who gets shafted.

Ok so there was more than one agenda, that doesn't matter. They did something good and that's the thing that matters most. The only thing I have against them is the damn region lock.

Why are you referring to me? I think you miss-understand my quote. I was talking about asm22 or something and the guy I was quoting Malaboga or kind of.  You have a separated quote from me, for your comment.

Exactly , for me at least, it matters the things they do. I don't really care why they do it. Unless if by donating , they will nuke the world, but that's another story :)

Originally posted by Deddmeat Attitude ?? I was polite and didn't bash anyone, as for Bill Gates, nothing against the guy. I know he donates money to charity and nothing against Microsoft since their OS works fine for me. I have their consoles too which I've also never had a problem with. AND I never bashed the billionaire or Carbine or anyone. It's great they help but just generosity of heart is not the only thing thought of. Guess who worked in Marketing for the UK's most hated gas supplier in the 90's ? I know bashing companies gets 0 and basically the employee is the one who gets shafted. Ok so there was more than one agenda, that doesn't matter. They did something good and that's the thing that matters most. The only thing I have against them is the damn region lock.
    Why are you referring to me? I think you miss-understand my quote. I was talking about asm22 or something and the guy I was quoting Malaboga or kind of.  You have a separated quote from me, for your comment.

Exactly , for me at least, it matters the things they do. I don't really care why they do it. Unless if by donating , they will nuke the world, but that's another story :)

Sorry about that .. Your 'the other guy who just commented' caught me when you posted

Nuke the world .. That made me chuckle, though thinking about it I'm sure there are a few who'd manage it