Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar - Will you purchase it or not and why? (Poll)

Comments

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Bought it because nothing else right now remotely engages my interest.  Unless raiding really hooks me in, will only be playing until The Repopulation or Star Citizen come out.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Tried Beta albeit super briefly and it just did not hook me. The graphics I did not mind and being a settler interested me but the combat was ho-hum for me (can't explain, just didn't hook me as I mentioned).
  • cippalippacippalippa Member UncommonPosts: 108

No ...effectively because of poor optimization.

Also, adding on top of what previously stated above:

- gameplay-wise it doesn't really add anything to the table over  wow/rift aside telegraph combat, which is in gw2 already btw

- graphic style is nice but way too kiddish, and looks exaclty like wow in space

- raids with tons of ppl style end-game, thx bye i'm fed up with that since vanilla wow

- grindy grindy grindy vertical progression

- pay 2 play.... i know this was normal years ago to pay a sub for a well made game, but really these days you can find similarly well made games that have a freemium/f2p business model

- and at last...

... I ACTALLY WOULD HAVE THROWN AT YOU MY MONEY FOR BLADE & SOUL IF YOU HAD IT PUBLISHED  IN THE WEST, BUT YOU PREFERRED WOW IN SAPCE... SHAME ON YOU!

The good:

- it has no in game shop

- it doesn't want kids to gamble with their parent's money like gw2

- a lot of humor

- fascinating ambience, like swotor/wow but better indeed and whithout borrowing from any established IP

- really well made, lots of details, it clearly shows it has received a lot of love from somebody in it's development

- loved the dominions for being forcefully the bad mastermind sided guys

- if you like wow/rift and gw2 you'll like this too, it is a kind of mixed bag, a quite well mixed bag of that gameplay style

• BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Originally posted by Talmien
    I have purchased it, pre-order, and intend on playing for the first month. I like WildStar because to me it seems to be one of the most solid MMOs released in a while. It has a plethora of different gameplay elements, and they're all tight and work together nicely, from a technical standpoint. As a engineer I respect what carbine has created, and the hard work that has gone into architecting a massive game like WildStar. Now I don't know if its going to be mine, or everyone's cup of tea in terms of fun factor, only after the first month will that question be answered. But they have a really strong foundation to start with. But personally, I'm ok with paying $60 to play a game for 20-40 hours only for a month and then putting it down if I don't like it. That amount of time I feel I've gotten my money's worth.

They have a very clean slate to work with. Meaning if they decide to do boxed expansions...well...they could certainly bring this game places.

Time will tell. If they keep up with the month and a half content schedule, I think it will be around for a while.

Originally posted by Distopia
    Too many aspects I don't enjoy in MMO gaming anymore. Raid/Dungeon focus, quest hub design, over the top cartoon stylized artwork, over the top humor. A definite pass for me.

Understandable. More of the same.

I would recommend EVE or something along those lines if you haven't already played it.

Originally posted by Whiskey_Sam
    Bought it because nothing else right now remotely engages my interest.  Unless raiding really hooks me in, will only be playing until The Repopulation or Star Citizen come out.

I'm somewhat exited for The Repopulation also. Hopefully they are able to implement all of the features they say they will. It will certainly be my side game or maybe even my main game if they do that.

• blazehammerblazehammer Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Originally posted by Bruhza
    Originally posted by blazehammer
    No, i don't liked the game in various aspects.

elaborate? (only if you care to)

Not much more to say, basicaly it's more of the same. Its a real (in all it's meaning) WoW clone. just that; for those who want a WoW with different story and skills it can be an average game; for all others, well, everyone have their opinions. I simple didn't liked it.

In truth i still think that WoW is far better...

• cranthugcranthug Member UncommonPosts: 102

Game is actually up right now.  Downloaded a patch and off I went.  New UI elements for housing, PvP scoreboard, skills & AMPs, adds up to nice improvements all around. 

Already bought it, cannot wait for release.  Loving the PvP and housing, and I am actually intrigued about seeing 40 man raiding in a game again.  Will be sticking around to try things out.  GMG offered it for $45 dollars, might still be going on who knows.  But easily worth the money.  It does combat extremely well, and I look forward to customizing and gearing out my character (armor starts to look great even at lvl 23 IMO, the crafted PvP set).

I wasn't totally convinced during the closed beta weekends, but spending this past open beta week putting serious time into the game changed my mind.  The PvP is quite fun, and that's a big factor for me. 

• SammuelSKSammuelSK Member Posts: 24

No, I will not. Spent two beta events and the open beta weekend trying to get into the game.

The combat was dreadfully boring, maybe the classes I picked (warrior and spellslinger) were a bad choice, though they both synch up nicely with my usual preferences... but by the sixth hour in running circles around large packs of mobs and holding down the 1 key overshadowed any fun I was having with the game. Supposedly the game gets better level 20 plus, but if thats the case then lets be blunt... its a piss poor design to bore your customers to tears getting there.

The quests... 1998 called, they want their text boxes back. TSW, ESO, Swtor have all spoiled me, theres no way in hell a game should be giving out information in blocks of text anymore. Five minutes in I had reverted to my Warcraft, hit accept till its done, days. Two zones in I had no idea what was going on, though it really didn't matter because the quests were all of the go here, kill or collect shit and come back variety.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Bruhza
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Too many aspects I don't enjoy in MMO gaming anymore. Raid/Dungeon focus, quest hub design, over the top cartoon stylized artwork, over the top humor. A definite pass for me.

Understandable. More of the same.

I would recommend EVE or something along those lines if you haven't already played it.

EVE never had much of a hook for me, right now I'm just waiting on The Repopulation and quite possibly Archeage.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

My "why not" list:

- It's published by NCSoft. A gamebreaker by itself, imo

- Graphics/artstyle is among the ugliest I've seen in a long time. WoW gets a lot of criticism for cartoonish graphics, but for this game, that's a positive. appearently...

- When watching Angry Joe's playsession (check youtube), it just looked sooo incredibly boring.

I don't understand the hype around this game. I see nothing special about it.

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

I voted no.

I love the overall aesthetic of the game and the wealth of features hits the right marks.  However, after playing the open beta, I simply cannot see myself sticking with this game for the long term.  There are a few nagging issues such as performance, boring questing, and not-as-great-as-it-sounded path system, but most of it comes down to the fact it simply isn't my kind of MMO.

• MozarddMozardd Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by cippalippa

... I ACTALLY WOULD HAVE THROWN AT YOU MY MONEY FOR BLADE & SOUL IF YOU HAD IT PUBLISHED  IN THE WEST, BUT YOU PREFERRED WOW IN SAPCE... SHAME ON YOU!

BLADE & SOUL is not that good for mmorpg imho, even compare it with Archage, I prefer Archage > Blade & Soul

Blade & Soul is become outdated right now while it's already publish in many asia countries for years. And it'll be overshadowed by upcoming Black Desert.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    The open beta was a great chance for me to confirm my assumption that the game simply wasn't going to be fun.  I don't like the graphics style, animations, or even the type of humor.  It's just not fun.  My daughter even asked me if I was playing Jump Start, which probably should have been an indication of things to come...

You make me like charity

• AnskierAnskier Member UncommonPosts: 59
    No - Simply because it ran poorly on my machine
  • sbantingsbanting Member Posts: 238

I have preordered, the game is fun, which MMOs miss on straight away. Crafting is one of the best systems I've seen, each craft has a different crafting style just like the classes have very different play styles something else I enjoy. The combat is intuative and the best action combat system I've played. It has done what WoW did in the beginning, take a lot of things from a lot of different games and make them a little better. Only got up to Adventures in the Open Beta, and they are fun, different and the choices mean lots of replayability which is awesome. Healing is intense and great fun, which is what i usually end up doing in MMOs, so yeah all around awesome.

Cons for me, well its a little slow to level, and stats could do with explainations of what they really do.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359

Boring classes

Overdo ability graphical effects. I cant see crap in a group fight during pvp.

Combat feels spammy.

Dont like those pop-up dialogues and its ugly fonts.

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I bought it. I had fun in the beta. Going to give it a couple months and see how it goes. We will see from there.
  • xevier77xevier77 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I just didnt like the beta.  Its not a bad game by its self, but to much going on thats the same of other mmos.  I did like the combat system, but thats not enough to buy a game or to pay for preorder. I would play it if it was free to play thought.  Its sad really.  Its a good game and they have made a good game, but I just cant keep paying and playing the same game just a few years apart.  I am not calling it a wow clone, but I am calling it a mainstream MMO clone with old ideas.  The genera just needs to reboot itself and find something new and innovative. Its not wildstars fault. its just what the investors are willing to invest in.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I won't ever buy or play Wildstar, it's simply not my kind of MMORPG.

I prefer games that have a "believeable virtual world" and have a more realistic art style. Wildstar is not a game that I could ever become seriously invested in. All I see when I look at the world is a "Looney Tunes" world, amusing in short bursts but irritating after more than 30mins.

Wildstar is like an arcade game, it feels like it's designed to provide the maximum stimulation in the shortest time possible. I just find it exhausting.

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

No, I will not buy it. I wont play it even if it were to go F2P.

These are my opinions why;

I hate the graphics. With all the bright neon looking colors it looks even more cartoonish then WoW.

The multitude of bright flashing colors makes my eyes hurt.

The "Humor" tries to be funny, but just comes off as forced.

I'm not even going to start on the UI and controls.

It seriously reminds me of watching my son play ToonTown when he was a child.

If any game deserves to be called WoW clone, this is it.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Nothing about it makes me want to play. The open beta weekend I forgot to download it till monday.....

Maybe it's the look or to me it seems like it's just more of the same but I've never been excited about it once I actually had a look at how the game played. This one was a pass for me.

• wazaapwazaap Member UncommonPosts: 19

I've been following Wildstar for some time and tried the beta too. Overall i did actually like the game, even though the graphics and animations are very cartoonish. (Im not sure if i like it or not, havent really decided). It seems like this has a lot of potential with housing and so on. But i think im gonna do with this one, as i should have done with a LOT of other mmo's. I'll wait a couple of months, enjoy the summer and maybe play some Watch Dogs on the rainy days. This will give the Wildstar crew time to work out the bumps that all mmo's have in the beginning...

So for now i voted no. But that does not mean im not going to change my mind at some point. I still have high hopes for this game.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

First game i would buy in years, like it alot.

Won't buy because of the hurruble engine. Game runs like crap for alot of players across all sorts of hardware.

I would even upgrade my PC, but at this time there is nothing to upgrade to that would guarantee a performance gain.

Wildstar will bleed players left and right once people reach endgame and experience slideshows in raids and PvP because Carbine repeated a bad rookie mistake of which many other games never recovered from.

• barrackerbarracker Member Posts: 5

I enjoyed the game so I have already bought it. Even if it goes f2p I intend to get my gaming in before that point. At least then I wont have to join random pugs of idiots and will be running wit my guild. Why not just enjoy the game while its good rather than worry so largely about where its going to be in a years time?

I don't know about everyone else but I am flipping between different mmo's every 3-4 months anyway so why would I give a shit what happens in a year?