Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Racial motifs harder to find now?

CurragraigueCurragraigue Member UncommonPosts: 84

I still haven't had a racial motif drop yet. I'm casual player so only doing around 12-15 hours a week and I'm not purposefully checking every possible nook and cranny but still I would have thought by now I would have found one.

Just had my first treasure map drop for one character at level 23 in the second zone.

How is everyone else finding the regularity of drops for racial motifs and treasure maps both at the start and more recently?

Comments

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I've been playing since early access, and I have one toon at VR10, one at VR4, and another two at VR1.

I've not looted a single racial motif thus far, and only around half a dozen treasure maps.

Personally, I put the seemingly abundant supply I see being sold in zone chat down to duping.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    @35 and looted two

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I play a lot of alts though none is higher than L35, I must have had probably 25 racial motifs drop (none of the rare ones though) and maybe 4 or 5 treasure maps. I do open pretty much everything I can mind.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    I believe two patches ago the rate was nerfed. You can find stuff about it on their forum.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Darwa

I've been playing since early access, and I have one toon at VR10, one at VR4, and another two at VR1.

I've not looted a single racial motif thus far, and only around half a dozen treasure maps.

Personally, I put the seemingly abundant supply I see being sold in zone chat down to duping.

Never forget that there are a few hundred thousand players active in the game.

Not everyone is as obsessive as I am when it comes to sweeping containers in n00b zones, but so far I've equipped 3 alts with full sets of basic racial motifs, sold about 5 or 6 and I still have more than 10 of them in the bank.

That means I've found around 40 racial motif books so far !

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

Make sure that you check all nightstands, dressers, wardrobes, and trunks that you run across.  Urns in dungeons are also a potential supply; and they seem to drop at a high rate in locations triggered by questing (e.g. when you go into a house to talk to someone, and it is opened by the quest, check all of the containers.)

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

I actually found more motifs after the change than before (2 on one character and 3 on another, all 'basic').

The last 2 both in backpacks lost in the middle of nowhere

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Since my post this morning, I've looted two Daedric motifs. 

At this point, I would like to point out that I haven't looted 100k gold from any mob, nor have I ever won the National Lottery.......

*crosses fingers*

• CurragraigueCurragraigue Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Originally posted by Darwa

Since my post this morning, I've looted two Daedric motifs. 

At this point, I would like to point out that I haven't looted 100k gold from any mob, nor have I ever won the National Lottery.......

*crosses fingers*

Nice one. From the comments above seems to be an element of chance but the more you check the greater your odds. So might start trying to be a little more thorough in checking rooms and dungeons.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    I was in a guild where one of the members was giving them away. He was obtaining them by logging in and out at the bank and checking the desks and containers in the bank before rinsing and repeating. No duping necessary, just time consuming and boring,

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Wow that's rough. I'm lvl 19 and looted three. I accidentally used one even though I don't craft and I sold the other two.

• CurragraigueCurragraigue Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Found two on the weekend by just focusing a little more on checking everything. One in a container in the bank and another in a house in a town during a quest for that town
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991
    I think it does rather depend on how much looting you do, some players seem to open everything and get everything worms and all.