Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar's PvP = Brainless Aimless PvP. Proof inside.

Comments

• LissylLissyl Member UncommonPosts: 271

The warplot was really hectic, and so much going on I couldn't hardly keep up with it, but it looked marginally fun even for a non-pvp'er like myself.

But that other junk?  Autofollowing targets?  -REALLY-?!  That was some sleep-inducing footage.  Just my opinion of course, but that looked toooooo slow.  A happy medium between the two would be about right imo.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Brainless?

40vs40 and people communicating tactics over VoIP.

Aimless?

Both teams are trying to win to gain rating which gives them better warplots and gear only attainable through warplot success.

Only thing I see brainless and aimless is this thread.

• shantibashantiba Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Originally posted by MeridiasBeacon
    that WS video showing the "can't use the ability yet" every 2 seconds is epic

Yeah... if I were to play this game, I would definitely need an addon that removed the console error messages. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Lissyl

The warplot was really hectic, and so much going on I couldn't hardly keep up with it, but it looked marginally fun even for a non-pvp'er like myself.

But that other junk?  Autofollowing targets?  -REALLY-?!  That was some sleep-inducing footage.  Just my opinion of course, but that looked toooooo slow.  A happy medium between the two would be about right imo.

Show me any MMO that doesn't look "slow" that's from around 2002.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Saio3Saio3 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Originally posted by Denambren

HAHA

Thanks for the link to the Wildstar video - made me laugh.

I tried Wildstar closed beta after every patch hoping the game performance would improve, but it never changed one frame from start of closed beta until the end.

I always wanted to see what kind of comedy performance we'd get in a mega pvp environment, and now I've seen it. Thanks.

On the topic of PvP, it's generally always garbage when you have that many players, imo. The part that makes Wildstar extra bad is the fact it can't even perform properly with 1 player in PvE, let alone 40v40.

I beg to differ, I got the shittiest of computers evar, No game would run above 30 fps for me, and that was the case with wildstar, But now I get 40 fps normally and even 50 in a few zones. Which is why i think they are working on it.

Wonder what would be the weapon of choice once the optimization excuse is gone.

• SuperchieftianSuperchieftian Member Posts: 88

Didn't you get the message? Brainless, AoE spamming zergs = skillful combat.

The video obviously shows how poor PvP really is. 80 players spamming their 1-8 buttons, which you can see by all the "can't use" messages, trying to get a kill while fighting the ground instead of fighting actual players. There is no tactic behind this. Having a leader call out shots and focus does not require any effort at all. For this to be even meaningful in the slightest would require actual teamwork and strategy. There is none of this in the video.

It is by far one of the worst things ever to come into MMORPGs. 

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

you see a video of bad pvp players and your response is ' It is by far one of the worst things ever to come into MMORPGs.'

Brainless, AoE spamming zergs in any game is poor pvp.

Worst, all mmorpg, mmm strange.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by kikosforever
    Until now i m having great time in WS and i love almost every aspect of the game.The biggest bet for me, will be the promise about the monthly content addition. If they will be able to deliver content like new zones & events, bg's, dungeons, arenas, adventures, raids, world bosses etc every month, then i m going to stay for a very long time in this game. Time will tell :)

keep in mind u will not get all of that every month. one month u might get a dungeon. the next u might get an event. then maybe a new zone. ive read where people think they promised all of this every month and im no programmer but i guarantee they will b disappointed. no game can do that and if they tried, it would b buggy and half-assed and then people would still bitch.

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731

Originally posted by Saio3
    Originally posted by Denambren HAHA   Thanks for the link to the Wildstar video - made me laugh.   I tried Wildstar closed beta after every patch hoping the game performance would improve, but it never changed one frame from start of closed beta until the end.   I always wanted to see what kind of comedy performance we'd get in a mega pvp environment, and now I've seen it. Thanks.   On the topic of PvP, it's generally always garbage when you have that many players, imo. The part that makes Wildstar extra bad is the fact it can't even perform properly with 1 player in PvE, let alone 40v40.
    I beg to differ, I got the shittiest of computers evar, No game would run above 30 fps for me, and that was the case with wildstar, But now I get 40 fps normally and even 50 in a few zones. Which is why i think they are working on it.

Wonder what would be the weapon of choice once the optimization excuse is gone.

i played some closed beta and a few days of open. always had anywhere from 45-80 fps. no problem here.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Lissyl

Show me any MMO that doesn't look "slow" that's from around 2002.

World of...?

Or was its release date later than what you meant by around 2002.

2004 is not 2002...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    what a shame.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by Hefaistos

Who is who and what is he doing ??? This is the definition of the pvp in 2014 ?

This is my idea of pvp.

5 guys fighting another 5 guys, then other 5 guys are joining...then other guys are joining...and it doesnt matter that 5 are attacking 1 as you can see in the movie...thats not enough. 

It's precisely because the PvP in Wildstar is so brainless that it's popular. Polish and accessibility are what sell games. Not interesting mechanics, innovation, or challenging gameplay.

I loved DAoC back in the day, but I just don't see another game like it being popular anytime soon. People just don't seem to have the patience or comprehension to appreciate an RvR game anymore, and prefer more tactless combat that is fun enough without being too difficult.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by aesperus
    Originally posted by Hefaistos

Who is who and what is he doing ??? This is the definition of the pvp in 2014 ?

This is my idea of pvp.

5 guys fighting another 5 guys, then other 5 guys are joining...then other guys are joining...and it doesnt matter that 5 are attacking 1 as you can see in the movie...thats not enough. 

It's precisely because the PvP in Wildstar is so brainless that it's popular. Polish and accessibility are what sell games. Not interesting mechanics, innovation, or challenging gameplay.

I loved DAoC back in the day, but I just don't see another game like it being popular anytime soon. People just don't seem to have the patience or comprehension to appreciate an RvR game anymore, and prefer more tactless combat that is fun enough without being too difficult.

Who said that garbage is popular?

Let me calm down. Saying what you said sounded like fighting words. Enjoy you fun guys See ya.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154

Didn't play DAoC, but I have heard many people complain that excessive CC drove people away from it.

There is no such thing as perfect PvP. It's all subjective. If you don't like it, why complain, just move on. If people don't play a game it eventually dies.

If you feel a need to complain, it's probably because many people don't share your point of view.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Originally posted by Edli
    Too much lag in there and way too much visual clutter. One can barely tell what's going on. 

And that is the only difference between the two PvP videos.  The modern PvP was cluttered by Telegraphs and Particle Effects.  But it was still the same old AoEs, DoTs, and DDs that we saw back in the DAoC days.  To me there is little difference.  I don’t need the clutter, so I would like to turn it down in the game options.  But I saw no significant change in combat mechanics.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Actually want to thank the OP for this post and thread.  Never had a chance to try PVP in WS as I couldn't get past my PVE experience.  I really tried to like it and when I got to 18, I realized I wasn't going to like it.  When I hit 21, I was sure this game wasn't for me.  Never tried PVP due to some friends telling me it was fairly bad and worse than the PVE.  Hadn't really thought about it until reading this post.
  • VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Satsunoryu
    LOOOOVE that WildStar PVP.  It makes perfect sense, is highly skill-based and a ton of fun.  It's definitely not hard to understand, once you've played it and practiced a bit.  Been PVPing over a decade and this is the most fun I've had in quite some time.  Comparing it to PVP systems like DAoC though, apples and oranges.  There's no point.

Do you mean this seriously? I love to pvp already for yeeeeeaars, and tried so many diffrent pvp games. But I must admit wildstar got a super bad pvp, theres totally no tactic or heavy gameplay feature behind.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Edli
    Too much lag in there and way too much visual clutter. One can barely tell what's going on. 

I agree with you about the visual clutter too.  Looks like a lot of aoe button smashing.  However, out of the two videos the OP gave as examples I think the Wildstar one looks overall more fun.  I really do like the idea of warplots though.  Kind of looks to capture what made Alterac Valley fun when it first came out (before it turned into a  PVE race).  I nice mix of PVE bosses with plenty of actual players to kill as well.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    I prefer Black Desert for a 2014 example. Still rather imbalanced, in small scale pvp, but in siege pvp everything comes together.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by PeZzy

Didn't play DAoC, but I have heard many people complain that excessive CC drove people away from it.

There is no such thing as perfect PvP. It's all subjective. If you don't like it, why complain, just move on. If people don't play a game it eventually dies.

If you feel a need to complain, it's probably because many people don't share your point of view.

Well, at least you admit you're clueless. The reason people stopped playing DAoC had almost nothing to do with CC abilities and more to the expansion that destroyed the game by introducing PvE as a necessary requirement for advancement. Well planned and executed CC is what makes PvP in MMORPG's amazing. To have the skills and know-how for small teams to take out larger groups by knowing how to exploit and utilize CC mechanics.

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388

Torcan vs Wrath vs Dizzy - DAoC Mordred 2004 - YouTube
    Wrath - DAoC Mordred 2004ish - YouTube
    Torc PUG - DAoC Mordred 2005ish - YouTube
    Validus vs Torcan vs Random PUG - DAoC Mordred 2004 - YouTube
    Blood and Wine - Daoc Percival - 2004ish - YouTube

This movies shows pretty well that 10y ago pvp tactics were different. CC, assist, kill order, etc. 

Eso has some decent pvp but the problem here is you need to be VR10 and with some gear in order to succed in pvp. I mean, you can join a lvl 10 the zerg...but this doesnt mean its the best pvp ever.

GW2 was fun until the EB was so full the zerg was following you anywhere.

Probably Darkfall is now the only game with pvp tactics that are above this games.

• BulldozeBulldoze Member UncommonPosts: 115

Doesn't matter how long you've played MMO's, how much of a veteran you are, or how many OG DAoC videos you post..

OP, act your age. This post is a straight up flame because you watched a video and didn't understand what was going on. Go eat your sour DAoC grapes in privacy because these type of posts suck and make you look pretty lame

I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall.

• sinni800sinni800 Member Posts: 26

While I didn't catch the magic of DaoC PvP that video of it had some serious lagging on some of those guys, jumping around like hell... 

That Wildstar PvP really seems like a mess of people on top of each other spamming skills... I thought with the telegraphs people would be very tactical about it :P

• SatsunoryuSatsunoryu Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Originally posted by Bulldoze

Doesn't matter how long you've played MMO's, how much of a veteran you are, or how many OG DAoC videos you post..

OP, act your age. This post is a straight up flame because you watched a video and didn't understand what was going on. Go eat your sour DAoC grapes in privacy because these type of posts suck and make you look pretty lame

^ Yup.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    There's visual clutter in massive PvP battles? I'm shocked. Cancelling my pre-order as I type this.