Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And the troll...i mean Liadri is back!

MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

Comments

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Malabooga

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/prepare-for-the-festival-of-the-four-winds/?utm_source=client

I did it last time but i recommend Liadri to everyone ;)

Cmon Liadri CMON !!!

l2p

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Ooh, good. I still have a few of the tougher bosses to beat.

But one thing that annoys me is that so little content like this is underwater. The game have a really wonderful underwater combat system but they don't use it much, no dungeons, few boss fights, no dragons and so on... I would have loved an underwater arena here as well.

Or maybe it is just because I am so close of finally getting frenzy as my legendary... :)

• Aison2Aison2 Member CommonPosts: 624
    Originally posted by Loke666

Ooh, good. I still have a few of the tougher bosses to beat.But one thing that annoys me is that so little content like this is underwater. The game have a really wonderful underwater combat system but they don't use it much, no dungeons, few boss fights, no dragons and so on... I would have loved an underwater arena here as well.Or maybe it is just because I am so close of finally getting frenzy as my legendary... :)

I might be wrong but i think people didnt like underwater much. -Its a general repeating thing -devs create underwater world - people complain about 3d combat -they drop it.

Pi*1337/100 = 42

• BeelzebobbieBeelzebobbie Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I agree and don't agree at the same time, GW2 is the best underwater combat ever but I still don't like it that much. I have problems with judging distance to mobs in water fights, don't know why but my brain just doesn't agree with it.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Aison2

But one thing that annoys me is that so little content like this is underwater. The game have a really wonderful underwater combat system but they don't use it much, no dungeons, few boss fights, no dragons and so on... I would have loved an underwater arena here as well.

Or maybe it is just because I am so close of finally getting frenzy as my legendary... :)

I might be wrong but i think people didnt like underwater much. -Its a general repeating thing -devs create underwater world - people complain about 3d combat -they drop it.

Its not different from combat seen in other MMOs with underwater combat. WoW has under water combat, and its the same. GW2 just has unique skills based on weapons, which they limit to under water only. Thats what people dont like. They dont like being forced to use 1 or 2 weapons, and a few skills that do work under water. thats not very fun.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by Aison2

Frankly is there not so much underwater content so we can know that. MMO combat is always repeating things anyways and I myself actually like it.  It have a lot of potential.

Originally posted by MMOExposed

Its not different from combat seen in other MMOs with underwater combat. WoW has under water combat, and its the same. GW2 just has unique skills based on weapons, which they limit to under water only. Thats what people dont like. They dont like being forced to use 1 or 2 weapons, and a few skills that do work under water. thats not very fun.

With some more underwater weapons and some underwater only skills that wouldn't really be a problem.

It is true that selections of underwater weapons is thing right now, several regular weapons should have underwater options too, like knives for example. The solution is not to ignore it altogether but to improve the combat.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

With some more underwater weapons and some underwater only skills that wouldn't really be a problem.

It is true that selections of underwater weapons is thing right now, several regular weapons should have underwater options too, like knives for example. The solution is not to ignore it altogether but to improve the combat.

The combat itself is as fluid as the land combat.

One could point that it might be more a representation of zero-g combat than underwater, but it works (although some people, maybe even a majority, don't find 3D combat natural).

More skill choice would really help, not only in terms of weapons but also utility and elite skills.

They should also fix some skills, like some of the engineer AoE elixir skills that only work on underwater surface and not where the aoe ring is.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    I quite enjoy the underwater combat too. I wish they'd show it as much love as they were during the development stage and add some new weapons and content. They could have easily included an underwater area in the Queen's Gauntlet.
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I enjoy the underwater combat as well, but most people actually don't.

Anet doesn't have the resources to overall that and everything else about the game at once. People are asking for a lot of stuff from the game all the time.

It might happen, but if it does its not going to be coming for a long time. Personally, I'd rather they worked on expanding the game (expansion, new classes, new skills, new zones, etc. etc.) than the underwater per-se. Though I understand why they would be hesitant to do so.

• gw2foolgw2fool Member UncommonPosts: 164

I find underwater action easier than on land. Unless of course your fighting a champ that one hits you, then it makes no difference!

The main thing is to always use a range weapon...