Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar vs ESO poll

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    I prefer telegraphs to popping messages and cooldown bars which is ofc the alternative used by games like wow (aka Compulsary dbm etc)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• BigbooBigboo Member Posts: 201

I vote for Eso, as WS was totally unplayable for me in beta, to laggy.

----

----

• CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Voted WS - i probably wont buy it - but with reference to the poll, any game vs eso - I would have voted for the other game.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Originally posted by Crusades
    Voted WS - i probably wont buy it - but with reference to the poll, any game vs eso - I would have voted for the other game.

So instead of picking neither you went with the other game to spite ESO.....another reason why polls are useless.

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Wildstar is the better game, despite the horrible system performance.

People that expect an open world, do whatever you want, experience in an MMO; are deluding themselves.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • CrusadesCrusades Member Posts: 480
    Originally posted by Horusra
    Originally posted by Crusades

So instead of picking neither you went with the other game to spite ESO.....another reason why polls are useless.

Well the question was "Which one do you like more?" I like WS more, but I like anything better than eso - so that doesn't say much for WS either.

• Tutu2Tutu2 Member UncommonPosts: 572
    Wildstar wins out. I hate the art-style, especially the character models, but it has better game design then ESO. The problem with Wildstar is how *booooooring* the first 15-20 levels are. Beyond that is is a much more fun game then ESO (played 2 characters up to level 30 before quitting in boredom)
  • Jairoe03Jairoe03 Member Posts: 732

Isn't this pretty much comparing apples to oranges? Just ask which game everyone likes more theme-park MMORPG's or the Elder Scrolls series? Just because they fall within the same genre doesn't make them all that comparable and its a matter of personal preference (especially in combat style) and theme/environment/graphic style etc.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    ESO easily.  I can play it all day and my eyes don't melt out of my skull.  Wildstar's graphics give me headaches.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Well acording to the poll i am in the minority here as I equally  like both games. I really enjoy eso for the realistic tone to the world, The immersion factor is high and the game just really entertains. Wildstar is like being sucked in a pixar movie with a dash of looney tunes.It is so different from eso yet HIGHLY addictive to play. This will be the first time in the 8 or 9 years of playing MMO's i will attempt to juggle/play 2 at the same time, They are just BOTH that good to me. 

I do feel like Wildstar may win out in the long run as the idea of jumping back into a guild to do "vanilla wow" esque type raiding sounds like fun. That would be a major time commitment though and i would be forced to drop eso. Time will tell though And i still have yet to touch ESO's pvp which basically is its endgame so who knows..... Just enjoying the ride

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Originally posted by Ecoces
    the MMORPG.com hipster says "omg how can anyone like either of these terrible games, they are not sandbox games that dumb the genre down to the lowest common denominator. anyone that plays either of these games should be ashamed of themselves."

HA I was thinking the same thing, So many of the same people on this site do nothing but post negative thread after negative thread about every game, I use to think they were trolling but now i relaize they are just miserable, lol . I think they are burned out on the genre and dont even know it.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by thunderC

Well acording to the poll i am in the minority here as I equally  like both games. I really enjoy eso for the realistic tone to the world, The immersion factor is high and the game just really entertains. Wildstar is like being sucked in a pixar movie with a dash of looney tunes.It is so different from eso yet HIGHLY addictive to play. This will be the first time in the 8 or 9 years of playing MMO's i will attempt to juggle/play 2 at the same time, They are just BOTH that good to me. 

I do feel like Wildstar may win out in the long run as the idea of jumping back into a guild to do "vanilla wow" esque type raiding sounds like fun. That would be a major time commitment though and i would be forced to drop eso. Time will tell though And i still have yet to touch ESO's pvp which basically is its endgame so who knows..... Just enjoying the ride

Well, you are not alone, i am in  the same ship, and thats why i started this thread in the first place..

But i can see why, as both these games are very different from eachother in the way they try to present themselves..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by thunderC

Well, you are not alone, i am in  the same ship, and thats why i started this thread in the first place..

You like both games but started a VS thread which you know creates antagonism?

..Cake..

• KinadoKinado Member Posts: 198

ESO should have learned with SWTOR, apparently it did not. Story cannot be the main pillar of a MMO. Story you go through it once and you're done with it. MMO's need replayability, longevity. Carrots on a stick that will keep players subbed for years.

Its great to have fully voiced quests with cutscenes but not so great when the rest of the game comes out lacking heavily because of it. Specially when most players will skip through the dialogue.

I've heard every single line of dialogue until level 50 up to the end of the main story questline. After that it gave me a horrible excuse to go to enemy faction lands, battle my own faction, only to hear more dialogue from still NPC's that flap their displaced mouths like a puppet for another 100 levels worth of questing. I'm a good person, what have I done to deserve this treatment? It's freaking torture.

It would be great if the game had more stuff to do and more ways to level up. I could experience ESO in other ways and then come back to the quests when I felt like it and it would be great. But no, the game forces you to quest. And the bugs...the imbalance in pvp... the futile siegine rinse and repeat... the horror. I really want ESO to become a great MMO so I can subscribe again to it but the actual state of the game is an extremely buggy single player game at best.

Wildstar on the other hand, doesn't have fully voiced quests even though it has quite a few cutscenes where ESO has none but nevermind that, it offers you many ways to level up and to experience the game:

Zone quests, story quests, side quests, path quests, challenges, crafting, world pvp, arena pvp, battleground pvp, mini-dungeons, dungeons, adventures, world bosses and all of this is before you reach level cap. At level cap the game really opens up with more of the same but harder plus 20-40 man raids and 40vs40 warplots. Huge amount of carrots on a stick.

There's housing too for those who like it, I don't appreciate it but I can recognize that's a very complete housing feature.

As you see if you put ESO and Wildstar next to each other, there's no doubt which one comes out the better game. It's not even a fair fight. I prefer ESO's graphics and lore but that is not enough for a MMO to survive. Wildstar comes out the better game by far feature-wise alone.

What's more worrying is that Craiglorn, the first major patch of ESO that will introduce the first endgame content, is falling behind on their promise of 4-6 weeks content releases to justify the monhtly fee. Zenimax officially said they have been working on Craiglorn for a year now and still its delayed. How will they release meaningful content in a regular basis in a game that launched needing desperately more content?

Would love to see ESO become an amazing MMO, unfortunately I'm not seeing it happen any time soon. I hope they don't give up on it so I can go back to it some day and experience a proper Elder Scrolls MMO.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Played both of them, and if I had to choose, I would play Elder Scrolls Online. Yet I cancelled my sub to that game as well, so I chose "I dislike both". Whilst I do not dislike them, they both bored me enough to the point I wouldn't play either one of them.

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Originally posted by Neherun

Played both of them, and if I had to choose, I would play Elder Scrolls Online. Yet I cancelled my sub to that game as well, so I chose "I dislike both". Whilst I do not dislike them, they both bored me enough to the point I wouldn't play either one of them.

+1 on this

Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
    The real point is retention, so despite i prefer WS as a game, time will tell which one will do it better in the long term :)

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
    Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Wildstar is too much of a cartoon. I play games for immersion.

EOS is just robbery of the Elder Scrolls Series

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    They're both terrible.
  • ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    I feel like i played those two for the past 10 years. I dislike both.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by Bigboo
    I vote for Eso, as WS was totally unplayable for me in beta, to laggy.

Funny you mention this as there are tons of players who need to wait 2 seconds before they can weapon swap or have a 20 second freeze in Cyrodiil.

And this is ESO post launch not a beta build, but a LIVE build 2 months after release.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by DMKano

This would be equivlant of a movie poll 

Gigli vs Ishtar

I dont know either of those....

Thank god you don't.

And I agree Kano.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    I can't help but wonder that if this poll was put up about 4-5 months ago (one similar probably was knowing this site) that the numbers would actually be skewed in ESO's favor.  However, now that a lot of people have seen ESO truly for what it is and isn't, those who would have voted for ESO can't help but vote against it.  I can't honestly say yet that Wildstar is a bad game, however a lot of us now can definitely say that ESO is. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Wildstar is the only one I'd even consider buying.  MMO ports of other peoples games is a bad idea.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by rodingo
    I can't help but wonder that if this poll was put up about 4-5 months ago (one similar probably was knowing this site) that the numbers would actually be skewed in ESO's favor.  However, now that a lot of people have seen ESO truly for what it is and isn't, those who would have voted for ESO can't help but vote against it.  I can't honestly say yet that Wildstar is a bad game, however a lot of us now can definitely say that ESO is. 

That's because they were hyped and everyone was super excited thinking it would be their next new MMO home, but how often is that really the case with a lot of people (particularly people on THIS site)?

Pffft.  If we were going by MMORPG.com forums, they'd both sell about 20 copies.  I'm actually kind of shocked to see how little people care about either of them.