Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer 40.000: Eternal Crusade: How the Classic Warhammer Lore Affects the Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade newsletter has been published. In it, Art Director Ghislain Barbe discusses how the classic Warhammer lore is affecting the way W40k:EC is being developed and speaks about some of his favorite components of the lore.

“Arkhona was once home to an extinct Xenos species, but those were swept away during the Great Crusade. The Imperium established itself on the planet but the world was plagued with disasters upon disasters (some being closely tied to our storyline). Recently, in the wake of the devastating series of earthquakes, Tyranids have appeared literally out of nowhere, without a hive-fleet in sight (!) and spread quickly, killing all they meet. By the time the forces of the Imperium arrived, the planet’s human population had been completely eradicated. For some reason, others factions are now also drawn to this obscure backwater rock; Chaos Space Marines, Eldar and Orks. Death has come to Arkhona and it is ready for a second service.”

Read the full Warhammer 40k: Eternal Crusade newsletter.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Dward127Dward127 Member Posts: 46
    what happen to the other warhammer 40k mmo that looked like a real mmo instead of a  3rd person shooter.
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    one shut down. this mmo looks like the 3rd person game spacemarine :/ cause honestly all that game was, assault marines, tactical and devastator marines.. which looks like the same junk in their game play :/
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Dward127
    what happen to the other warhammer 40k mmo that looked like a real mmo instead of a  3rd person shooter.

i dont think there have been any vids of dark milenia, but it got shut down when THQ closed.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

if you want to find info about the old one MMO based on 40k, search on youtube for DarkMillenium you will find it.

so far i cant judge the ame, cause there are missing animations, renders, and the maps we see, look like an arena ...

the combat mechanics though looks like(or actually must be a copy :P ) to Warhammer 40k Space Marine, also a title from THQ which is good and pretty interesting to play it : )   lets hope they will achieve the level of polish at this title also ...

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

since its early pre- alpha ill say something now thats buggin me.

the air jets & backpacks are way too big.for a 3rd person shooter.

at is all.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by Ichmen
    one shut down. this mmo looks like the 3rd person game spacemarine :/ cause honestly all that game was, assault marines, tactical and devastator marines.. which looks like the same junk in their game play :/

I think it's over the shoulder rather than third person and it looks like there will be more than just the sm to play as.  But yeah same junk as space marine, pity the other one closed.

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    There are confirmed multiple classes for the game, inlcuding you tactical, assault and devestator options. They are adding apothecary, chaplin, and librarian. This is just for the Imperium of Man though, who knows all the classes for everyone else.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.