Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Phantasy Star Online 2: AsiaSoft Announces SEA English Client Beta for May 29th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Phantasy Star Online 2 fans will want to take notice that AsiaSoft has announced May 29th as the commencement of the English language beta for the game. According to 2p.com, over one hundred thousand fans have put in to beta test the English client (IP blocked for SEA).

Read more at the link above or head to the Phantasy Star Online 2 site for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Beta... NEED ONE !!!

l2p

• blazehammerblazehammer Member UncommonPosts: 20
    It's IP Blocked don't it?
  • SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    Not to be negative but few months ago played the Japanese version and didn't feel like mmorpg at all. You're in a spaceship where you can see other players then you get mission and teleport to a very tiny area that has 0 exploration kill few mobs and teleport back and so on. Kinda like Guild Wars 1 where you see players in town but go to private instance once you leave town.
    Nice video but no world to play.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Pros:

Combat is arcade like fun, bosses are fun.

Phantasy Star franchise name

Cons:

Everything else you could possible think of as it pertains to mmorpgs.

I hope they reboot the mmo franchise and go back to the original Phantasy Star roots, and make it a bit more mature and deeper.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by SamuraiXIV
    Not to be negative but few months ago played the Japanese version and didn't feel like mmorpg at all. You're in a spaceship where you can see other players then you get mission and teleport to a very tiny area that has 0 exploration kill few mobs and teleport back and so on. Kinda like Guild Wars 1 where you see players in town but go to private instance once you leave town.

That's how these games have been since the first one released 14 years ago. I don't think they ever claimed to be an MMO,i it's always been a dungeon running lobby game. I remember playing PSO on the original xbox, some of the most fun I've had in a game with others. I also remember having a power outage playing one time and my character losing all of his items, those were awesome times.

In truth PSO 2 is a Action MMORPG, but it have not an open world. I play in the Japanese version of the game, it's a cool game and i really like it. But it is not a wow clone (What means that it's not a typical MMORPG Themepark). xD I always wanted to use this "expression"... Wow clone, it's so silly, but in this case it's true. =)

Think of it like a Vindictus in space.

• Soldier101Soldier101 Member Posts: 111
    is this game still coming to the ps-vita that I read about?
  • HermesXHermesX Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I'm confused...if you live in NA how do you sign up for this English-version beta?
    Originally posted by HermesX
    I'm confused...if you live in NA how do you sign up for this English-version beta?

As i said, i think that it have an IP Block, SEA Only.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Nice the site tells a lot about the US version that its not for.... and hasn't been updated since Sega loves being incompetant releasing titles people want like PSO2 over say the terrible Sonic games.
  • xanderxainxanderxain Member UncommonPosts: 19
    It is most definitely region locked. Go read guides on how to play on jap servers. It's more fun over there anyway. Nice English community on ship 2.

I think that the main problem to bring it to the west is that a lot of copyrights are involved. PSO 2 Have a lot of anime oriented events and all. plus a lot of "censorship" who would be needed in the western version...

No, no nude womans, just too much ******* in the west...

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    ive been looking forward to this game for a while now but a lot of people said (and based on what i saw on videos too) that the game is heavily instanced and repetitive like Vindictus with a player lobby town. That killed the whole thing for me.

Originally posted by rojo6934
    ive been looking forward to this game for a while now but a lot of people said (and based on what i saw on videos too) that the game is heavily instanced and repetitive like Vindictus with a player lobby town. That killed the whole thing for me.

Well, this is how it is, but is more fun than you can think; a lot of combos and all. But what you described is correct.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839
    so can we play this or not?
  • MilanderMilander Member UncommonPosts: 178

I remember playing PSO on my dreamcast....the game was fun :)

Want in beta!

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Finally... now to get Monster Hunter too.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

Tbh, what's the point in open world to begin with, in these linear leveling mmorpgs that we have (most of them) where you still go to instanced non-public areas for most of the "meaningful end-game content" ...

Give me a proper open world in a sandbox style game sure, but it's just a waste of resources in themeparks, a one off feature for leveling, completely useless after that, waste of space, a source of frustration because the huge world is designed to be meaningless as soon as you level past it. GG.

• ZephlosZephlos Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Well I gotta say I am worried due to the groups handling the game.  But as a hardcore PSO fan boy who even played the Japanese beta  I will still give it a shot
  • Sector13Sector13 Member UncommonPosts: 784
    Originally posted by Soldier101
    is this game still coming to the ps-vita that I read about?

It's already ported to Vita and Mobile devices, just not in english unless you patch them. 

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401

Then its just like the first, a multiplayer online RPG, not an MMO.

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Well...i dont think IP block will be in place.

On topic, PSO2 is fun, it is more like monster hunter franchise which is a very good title.

On the bad side, it feels console-like more than PC.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

It's actually a lot of fun. 

Played the japanese release for a few weeks, but was so confusing and complex.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    finally @!!!

• MojoKingBeeMojoKingBee Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Originally posted by Alka_Setzer
    Finally... now to get Monster Hunter too.

As I tried the japanese Version I actually hoped for something along the lines of a Sci-Fi Monster Hunter... The gameplay sadly doesn't even come close to the engaging bossfights you get in MH. It's mostly grinding the same missions over and over and over and over and over and over again... The bossfights themselves are pretty bland and boring. I played the game for about 1 week in the hopes to get to a point where the difficulty actually makes any kind of fight or mission interesting, but it didn't happen even once. It's mindnumbingly easy and gets boring pretty fast.

Seems to me the games focus is in the grind to buy some nice looking outfits for your toon (or to buy it with real money) thats it.