Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel or resub, the big poll

Comments

• greymanicgreymanic Member UncommonPosts: 25
    If we're already talking about re-subing with a game this new then game over man! :)
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by holdenhamlet
    Originally posted by Notimeforbs
    Originally posted by gonewild

canceled at level 24.I couldnt stand playing anymore,knowing that i'll have to pay per month as well.

As a buy to play game looks an average but to pay for it...meh

Looks like my prediction was true that eso is worse than swtor.

The reason why the MMO community by and large, sucks.  They want everything for free, and they have unrealistic expectations for things that aren't.  There is literally zero ability for a functional concept of the meaning of the word "quality" to emerge inside their brain.

Things that cost money should be at least as good as things that don't.  That's not an unrealistic expectation.

This made me laugh. Apparently it is a difficult concept to grasp.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• Insurgent99Insurgent99 Member Posts: 58

Lvl 36 DK Vampire.....canceled!

I am not a Elder Scrolls fan, and the game just got too repetitive and bland to me.

• p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194

Just cancelled 5 minutes ago and man do I feel relieved.  Lvl 34 NB.  I was excited at first, but not any longer.  Maybe it'll be better once the console version releases, but I probably wont be coming back.

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    resubbed.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • EnikEnik Member UncommonPosts: 99

I cancelled around level 20. The ironic thing about ESO is that it's obviously not really a group game, but their mega server meant that I was tripping over a dozen other players every single place I went. Totally immersion killing.  It just made me want to play Skyrim again.

• CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by Enik

I cancelled around level 20. The ironic thing about ESO is that it's obviously not really a group game, but their mega server meant that I was tripping over a dozen other players every single place I went. Totally immersion killing.  It just made me want to play Skyrim again.

None of the themepark mmos that have come out in the last several years are really "group games".  That's outside of instanced dungeons and stuff like that.  They are either completely soloable or they have the shared XP/loot so you can do group content without actually talking to anyone.

ESO follows in the footsteps of games like FFXIV, Rift and GW2.  There is plenty of difficult content in the world but you don't actually have to talk to anyone or take it upon yourself to make a group.  This pretty much makes "group" content a zerg.  

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

canceled at level 24.I couldnt stand playing anymore,knowing that i'll have to pay per month as well.

The reason why the MMO community by and large, sucks.  They want everything for free, and they have unrealistic expectations for things that aren't.  There is literally zero ability for a functional concept of the meaning of the word "quality" to emerge inside their brain.

No, they are just sick of paying for crap. Now games to have to prove themselves first. Industry brought that on themselves.

Originally posted by CoffeeBreak
    Originally posted by Enik

None of the themepark mmos that have come out in the last several years are really "group games".  That's outside of instanced dungeons and stuff like that.  They are either completely soloable or they have the shared XP/loot so you can do group content without actually talking to anyone.

ESO follows in the footsteps of games like FFXIV, Rift and GW2.  There is plenty of difficult content in the world but you don't actually have to talk to anyone or take it upon yourself to make a group.  This pretty much makes "group" content a zerg.  

First you have to read definition of "group", then you may discuss about it.

What you have written is quite ridiculous.

And please dont try to sell things like "the old school was social bonanza" because it was not, it promoted elitistic crap, interest (agenda) groups and anti social behaviour. Yes, i must shamfully admit i was a part of it for a time but then i grew up and saw it for what it is. Unfortunately those who have not grew up still want it but they wont get it because its fail model, and its exctinct, thank the allmighty.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Malabooga

No, they are just sick of paying for crap. Now games to have to prove themselves first. Industry brought that on themselves.

No the me, me generation did, they want everything for free and they want  it all, brought this on, Work on an MMO and be in the industry I have been and study gamers, none of you like the same type of game. This is why WOW has done so well, it come out when not many games were out and they had time to add everything.

ESO or any other game can't add it all,People say its a single player game well I agree, but they are adding the group stuff, I agree they should have added some of it before release, but guess what that's what happens, with big AAA companies.

This again is why I support Indies more so, they don't have a publisher pushing to release ... I prepaid for 6 months and I will even more..

• paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198

I reached VR 5. It's the dungeons that got me to play the game. From 12-49 the loot was ok and made sense. From Vr5 and on, the loot was crap. You're litterally better off upgrading world drop or pvp set items than using dungeon items. 

It really killed my motivation to grind to Vr7-8 to do the next dungeon lvl. It's also a little weird to only have 6 dungeons spread on about 2 total factions. It's a lot of questing/lvling/grinding and very little  new dungeon experience which it was at 12-49.

There are parts of the game that impress me, but the way they've handled crafting, loot, economy, and the general itemization dosen't leave me much for the Creative Director. I think they need to do like Funcom does when they fail, Fire the upper managment and get a new direction.

Originally posted by Darkcrystal

No the me, me generation did, they want everything for free and they want  it all, brought this on, Work on an MMO and be in the industry I have been and study gamers, none of you like the same type of game. This is why WOW has done so well, it come out when not many games were out and they had time to add everything.

ESO or any other game can't add it all,People say its a single player game well I agree, but they are adding the group stuff, I agree they should have added some of it before release, but guess what that's what happens, with big AAA companies.

This again is why I support Indies more so, they don't have a publisher pushing to release ... I prepaid for 6 months and I will even more..

Exactly my point. Why should i (or anyone) pay for disfunct and lacking product when ther is functional "fully featured" one in existance.

In other words, IF youre going to make a WoW clone BE SURE to have all that WoW has (and more) or you need not apply. It was a lesson they had to learn (very) hard way.

Now we may finally be out of this crop of games (its been almost a decade now, more if you count EQ) and finally reaching the point it got from their butts to their heads that WoW is WoW and no matter how much money you throw in, no matter if you have biggest IP in the world, WoW clone with a (overall) minor twist is failure from the start.

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429

2 accounts...canceled both.

Fuck veteran level questing!

I'll just write that $120.00 for those two pre-ordered boxes off to....not doing my due diligence in researching what this game had to offer after level 50.

Oh I read all about questing thru the other 2 factions zones....but not the sheer level of mind numbing brainless boring quests and quest dialog that would entail.

My fault entirely.

made it to V3 on mine and my brothers accounts....never coming back.

Going to go play....blah...blah...blah...etc

If this is the game for you...blah...blah best of luck...blah blah...etc..etc.

Oh and I have to add:

white knight...fanboi...troll...flames....flame bait....etc.

Just wanted to get all the little catch phrases in my post so I can be taken seriously.

After all...my opinion is the only one that counts...right?

I may have lurked these forums for too many years. I'm even sick of my own opinion.

Going outside now for some air.

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279

Wow, Im with the mjority of votes. I Cancelled, lvl 1 - 24. I hit lvl 16 as a mage. I don't think the game is terrible or anything, its just me. Maybe Im burnt out from mmo's? Maybe I dont like the medieval type setting where everything is brown and grey? I did play WoW for years and loved the colorful fantasy world of that game.

I think it is all the above. I am kinda burnt out from questing really. The fact that you cant lvl up while doing pvp is not good either. And also in pvp you dont last long unless you're in a huge group.  I think its awsome to have one big pvp map but I think smaller battles like 10v10 would be good too. I hate to say it but the instanced battlegrounds in WoW were fun to me and this game can probably use some.

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Exactly my point. Why should i (or anyone) pay for disfunct and lacking product when ther is functional "fully featured" one in existance.

In other words, IF youre going to make a WoW clone BE SURE to have all that WoW has (and more) or you need not apply. It was a lesson they had to learn (very) hard way.

Now we may finally be out of this crop of games (its been almost a decade now, more if you count EQ) and finally reaching the point it got from their butts to their heads that WoW is WoW and no matter how much money you throw in, no matter if you have biggest IP in the world, WoW clone with a (overall) minor twist is failure from the start.

ESO isn't a WoW clone, though.  In the past 10 years, of all the AAA MMO's that have been released, if ever there was one that was furthest from being a WoW clone, it's ESO.  I can't even believe you're going to try to use that lame lie as a reason to not play it or somehow demand a higher list of expectations.

You guys pretend like WoW hit our doorsteps and was just automatically awesome.  It wasn't.  It has 10 years of development on it.  ESO has barely a month of Live.  To pretend like you have some sort of right to expect an MMO to offer more and to offer it better than WoW on release is grade A, straight down the ballot, hall of fame, F-ING INSANE, spoiled, and unrealistic.

[mod edit]

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I didn't buy the game because I beta tested the crap out of it and never was won over.

I reported bugs and glitches. Gave a little feedback, didn't waste too much time doing that since it seemed they already picked and obvious path and full steamed ahead.

Not really surprised since this has been the usual tale for the last decade.

I wanted to explore the world they built, but I didn't want to with the crappy classes and gameplay they used. Which was frustrating at first, but then I figured the actual Bethesda team is working on a new Fallout and then there will be a good single player game to erase any want here.

a yo ho ho

• FrecklesmokerFrecklesmoker Member Posts: 3
    Cancelled at lvl 42. It felt to much like a single player game to me.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353

Resubbed, level 40. Want to see other zones, love the ES universe and love the combat in this game. The grouping needs work, playing with lower level friends/friends in other factions needs to be added somewhere down the line, the megaserver is an awesome feature and needs to be utilized to the fullest.

Craglorn and Trials will be fun (hopefully somewhat casual friendly) endgame. A break from traditional Raids will be nice and hopefully they make Veteran leveling faster and more rewarding. 

PvP needs some work but this game could have FANTASTIC Pvp if they figure out how to balance classes. IT has potential to be so much better than GW2, the foundation is SOLID

Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Gallus85Gallus85 Member Posts: 1,092

VR10, canceled.

Grouping is non-existent.

No downscaling system to allow me to play with low level friends.

Phasing system that kicks me out of the phase that others in my group just because I finished a quest they haven't done yet.

Most anti-social MMORPG I've ever played in my life, which says a lot. (See below).

Another quest hub chasing, linear progression, overly catering to solo gameplay, "Me too" MMO that lacks any innovative mechanics or features and is void of many standard features that are common place in most MMORPGs today that half half or a quarter of the budget ESO had.

Over 100 dungeons in the game, 70 of them direct copy and pastes of others and most of the dungeons are 50 feet long by 30 feet wide and can be blasted through in 3 seconds.

VR Group dungeons are "ok", but lack any real purpose and are not fun enough really want to repeat a million times over.

It tries to be both an MMO and a TES game and ends up being a mediocre TES title and a bad MMO.  

There have been a lot of MMOs over the years that have impressed me in some way or another and I can generally find the good in any game, but ESO is not one of them.  $200 million dollars for this?  What a tragedy.

At least it came with a cool statue and an awesome lore book with pretty pictures.

Legends of Kesmai, UO, EQ, AO, DAoC, AC, SB, RO, SWG, EVE, EQ2, CoH, GW, VG:SOH, WAR, Aion, DF, CO, MO, DN, Tera, SWTOR, RO2, DP, GW2, PS2, BnS, NW, FF:XIV, ESO, EQ:NL

• asdfbbqasdfbbq Member UncommonPosts: 27

Wow, how neutral - why do you make this post in an ESO forum?

Do you really think non-subs will come back to this forum? Of course they dont. So 90% of all players voted in this thread are, obviously still playing the game, because that is why they use this section of the forum: Because they are interested in the game.

No one who is not interested in the game will ever come back to this forum.

There might be an exception of people just observing. And stating by the results in "show me the results" I am blown away how possibly many like minded individuals I have just found.

• TbauTbau Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 401
    Its ok, the amount of bots will make up for the players quitting so this way no one will be alone in all the key areas.........
  • sonicwhip2sonicwhip2 Member Posts: 86
    Tried beta test before release....immediately uninstalled.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Iselin
    Originally posted by Ehllfhire
    VR 5 and cancelled for obvious reasons. The vast majority of the game was broken for a month and a quick review of their 1.1 patch list many of it will remain broken. From what I've heard 1.1 hasn't even launched yet. Seriously 1.5 months post release and they still can't get the content that was promised at release out to their customers?

This is so untrue. Ive ran across maybe half dozen broke quests, all of them have been fixed so far, some within one day of me finding it. You are talking like you never played the game with "sounds like" statements. So quit being a parrot of trolls.

Actually he did play... he played the shit out of it to some VR rank for a month and then finagled a refund... sort of like buying a 24-pack of no-name cola, drinking 23 of them, taking the 24th can to the store and getting a full refund. His new hobby is living in this forum and trashing the game.

My new hobby is my old hobby; playing games that actually work, ;)

Oh, and that's a terrible analogy. You can't compare Coke to a product like ESO. Coke is flawless and the top selling beverage in the world. *opens a can of Coke*

OK, OK, I exaggerated.... you only drank 19 of the colas and took 5 back image

I don't think I'd ever compare software to consumables. I just don't see that as a good analogy. If I were to ever return a pack of coke it'd be because the product has been tampered or tainted in terms of taste.

Most people will poke holes in the analogy when they dont like the very real point it makes. Not sayings Iselin is right, its just what I have seen. I do find it funny MMOers get so upset about launch problems when its rare MMOs launch with very few problems. I know you have been MMOing for a while, ESO launch is no worse then any MMO I have played in 15 years and by far the worst to date for me was WoW. I think most MMOers know 3-6 months after launch is anything goes and no one knows.

• ChannceChannce Member CommonPosts: 570
    Don't care if people like it or not, I do, its DAoC 2 for me, I subbed for 6 months, wife too.

When I said i had "time", i meant virtual time, i got no RL "time" for you.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Left my sub running, mind you due to constantly changing mind about class, only level 5 lol