Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The thing that completely turned me off

2»

Comments

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Elevenb4
    Wow, another and I mean that I've heard quite a few people say this. I logged into Open Beta with 4 friends, we didn't make it past lvl4 being disgusted at the running animations. they are just wierd. Animations are a big deal to me, sometimes i can look past them, but this I couldn't. I thought Rift running animations were bad, these are way worse.

Game animations needs worked on, I agree totally. I had the same experience in Warhammer Online and this game reminds of 'Allods Online', but in a SciFi format.

I don't think I will make it to level 20 where the players state 'Thats when the real game starts'...

But never say never in any mmorpg these days.

• evilekevilek Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Nebell
    The game seems promising, with a nice art style. I have created every single race and gender in hope that I will find one that I like. Unfortunately, as much as I try, there is not a single race with a good looking running animation. I know that they want something different that fits this art style, but what they did with running animation is going way too far.

Are you serious? I totally dig animation in this game, much better than in most of the mmos on the market, including wow....

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    I wish I was so swamped with games to play, that I could be so picky to not play a game because of it's graphical or animational direction is not fit with my own internal expectations.
  • skoupidiskoupidi Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by evilek
    The game seems promising, with a nice art style. I have created every single race and gender in hope that I will find one that I like. Unfortunately, as much as I try, there is not a single race with a good looking running animation. I know that they want something different that fits this art style, but what they did with running animation is going way too far.

Are you serious? I totally dig animation in this game, much better than in most of the mmos on the market, including wow....

Me too! I don't know what people here are talking about.

Edit: Only reason i can find is, that they don't like the goofy/cartoony style of the game,which translates to animations aswell.

• AlturisAlturis Member Posts: 28

I feel like animations can be fixed and adjusted in the long term although I don't really hear this complaint in my guild/player circle. While the models don't look the same as when I run it really dosen't bother me or stand out as an odd or unplausable way to navigate as an alien species.

I'd really suggest if this is your only issue with a game you play, but continue to request a change. If the past has been any indication the dev's for Wildstar have been very motivated and responsive to their playerbase. Aside from that if you are just here to find something wrong with a game why bother.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

It boils down to each their own when it comes to animations, layout and game mechanics.

Some players can get over the hump and totally ignore graphics for gameplay (I am guilty of this as well, since I love to play Anarchy Online). However as players have stated, if your looking for a high color, pastel mmorpg in space, you may fall in love with Wildstar.

I personally don't see anything different in this game or even the 'OMG" factor.. Honestly to me, it looks like another f2p game with a nice advertisement budget. To pay a box price and monthly fee for this type of game I would really have to love it.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    I agree about the running animations, but my issue goes a step further. I almost feel like the character models are too stylized.. If that's even a thing lol. I've had a rough time just making a character that I like the look of. Something about this game is off for me. It just hasn't grabbed me the way other game do.
  • BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Yea I cant seem to get into it. Not enough game. More like watching a bad cartoon.
  • kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by Yamota
    Originally posted by Mari2k

Yeah animation wont change anymore. I dont like them too.

However be awared that he mods from mmorpg ban you when you post something negativ about this game. I dont know why, maybe they are paid from nc soft.

Not just this game. I got a warning just for posting a link to a negative review of ESO. It is really getting out of hand to be honest...

Nothing to do with this game in particular or getting paid... the moderation on this site is just...  bad.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Azmodeus

What gets out of hand is the number of hate/ troll posts.  Many of the negative feedbacks on games are from the same people who just want to run the hate train.  

If you don't like the game, do you have to post multiple hate posts for the sole purpose of stirring up crap and lower sub rate?   Move on and play the games you like.  To be honest this forum is littered with this garbage and I wish the mods deleted more of these types of posts.

+1!

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

I didn't feel like the animations were all that bad honestly, I thought Cassian's looked the best by far after playing all the races. My problem was more with the sliding/loose running issues, when you stop pressing the button your character should stop running, not slide another 10 feet :)

I'm not going to let something like animation issues keep me from enjoying a game though!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• NorewonNorewon Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I will take the wierd animations to some and a polished finished game over a unfinished game with a development team that doesnt know whats its doing
  • CoffeeBreakCoffeeBreak Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by JR4D

Game animations needs worked on, I agree totally. I had the same experience in Warhammer Online and this game reminds of 'Allods Online', but in a SciFi format.

I don't think I will make it to level 20 where the players state 'Thats when the real game starts'...

But never say never in any mmorpg these days.

My big, scary orc in Allods was pigeon-toed....that drove me crazy.

I do the same thing in Wildstar that I've been doing in ESO.  Unsheath weapon and partially cover up whatever in the jogging animation is bothering me. 

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

Mechari really is weird, and feels like the character is moving way too slow for its height. I dont usually mind animations that much but this just felt all wrong, couldnt make it even thru tutorial. Chua's animation feels ways more fluent and movement  is natural. 

I think they made a mistake with huge differences between races hights and shapes. Even tho the same movement speed is required for balance it will feel unnatural for some of them.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I never was one to worry to much about looks and animations. Sure, it's great to have, been the game play is what we should be worried about. I'm not insinuating Wildstar has poor game play, just need to think of it first.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944

well this is totally something personal, for me the game has awful graphics for an MMORPG, but at least its animations are designed excellent for this type of cartoon style world ...

• aceofmmosaceofmmos Member Posts: 17
    I have played through closed beta and open beta now and i can honestly say, the game is great. I am playing Draken and Mordesh and im perfectly happy with animation.
  • CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    It all feels rather floaty to me
  • MirandelMirandel Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Originally posted by Bruhza
    I thought the Mechari animations were pretty good. 

Agreed. And Aurin, and Chua too (at least fitting). Humans are Ok to me as well. The rest I would change.

• rutaqrutaq Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Azmodeus

What gets out of hand is the number of hate/ troll posts.  Many of the negative feedbacks on games are from the same people who just want to run the hate train.  

If you don't like the game, do you have to post multiple hate posts for the sole purpose of stirring up crap and lower sub rate?   Move on and play the games you like.  To be honest this forum is littered with this garbage and I wish the mods deleted more of these types of posts.

I agree they should delete posts, like the posts complaining about other people's posts.   :P

Seriously ... this is a forum, a place for everyone to talk about things.   It can get rough around the edges at times but deleting people's posts isn't required just because they talk more than others, are very passionate about liking or hating a game, question the management or development of  games.  

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Yeah I go tthis issue too, alot of the animations seem really clunky to the point I've seen single person indie games with far better animations, then there is the stupid looking races (all of them). Its not a bad game gameplay wise though, but these issues constantly nag at me as I play wildstar.

I have trouble getting into games when they have no races I like or the animations just look really bad and some of them are akward, like the human exile female hopping around like a bunny when she runs. It just looks really out of place to me.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!