Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

to much lag in swtor

FeleveFeleve Member UncommonPosts: 14

i have played the game since beta. but with the lag they have been having for about 2 weeks it is very sad.

you be running along and you start running in place complete stop your character still running but not going anywhere.

also you can press 1 to fire your weapon and then wait 30 seconds or longer before it fires.

if they don't start doing something about the lag i feel that they will lose the subs they have.

not to say much but the new houseing they doing will be a new source of income for them and the players playing swtor will be paying more then any monthly paying game.

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I noticed more lag than usual. Not as much as you seem to have but I did lag out last night.

Since you mention dropping subs - my best guess is this lag is actually caused by an increased amount of subs this month. Me and a friend subbed to receive the 1000 bonus cartel coins from the May The Fourth event as well as the mansion from being subbed on May the 11th.

It was my first sub for a year and the first sub for my friend on this game ever. I'm sure there are more people like us and it reflects on the performance of the servers.

Harbinger of Fools
  • ArchlyteArchlyte Member RarePosts: 1,405
    Of all the games I have on my computer SWTOR seems to be the most touchy in terms of frame rate and server side lag. Its the only game I run that I have to tweak until I get passable FPS and I have a GTX 760 etc. etc.
    MMORPG players are often like Hobbits: They don't like Adventures
  • Yoda_CloneYoda_Clone Member Posts: 219

I have only once seen lag; I'm usually sitting around 50ms ping or better, so I probably wouldn't notice lag if it occurred, anyway.  My ping very briefly went up to the high 90's; surprisingly, I did notice that.

I have noticed an increase in graphical hitching where suddenly I get a temporary loading screen.  Best I can tell, that's a problem with the NVidia graphic cards and some kind of DirectX incompatibility.  I have been playing around with the scaling options on the NVidia console and switched some functionality away from the GPU to the CPU, and that has made some difference (which is why I'm convinced it's a graphical problem and not a network problem).

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    i've never had lag in swtor but i do know tthere's been some issues with memory leaks.. maybe it's got something to do with that?

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• heider89heider89 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    only time i got lag is when there is more then 70ppl+ at combat area at fleet. sound like its your computer? try new driver or somthing :P
  • ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Count me along with the folks who don't have lag problems and I'm playing on a four year old system with the video card being the only thing that's changed in it. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I have no lag...  Perhaps it is time to upgrade your system?  I play and raid at extreme quality.
  • Fenrir767Fenrir767 Member Posts: 595
    Yeah no lag here
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

All those "no lag it must be your system" answers always crack me up.

Ok then it probably just was a bunch of people with shitty computers on the fleet tonight, who kept arguing about the amount of lagspikes that have been taking place for about a week now.

Harbinger of Fools